Best Carpet Stores on the North Coast

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
35 years in Florida and I never turned my A/C off. 17 years down here and the A/C is constantly on for 6 months out of the year. No problems so far.
I have to admit I enjoy the AC in the gym. I'm generally on the treadmill for 38 - 40 minutes twice a day. Without AC it tires me out after the first one. Outside of that, I don't have desire for it.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
I have to admit I enjoy the AC in the gym. I'm generally on the treadmill for 38 - 40 minutes twice a day. Without AC it tires me out after the first one. Outside of that, I don't have desire for it.
I can't live without it. It's mostly the humidity that gets me. I hope to be turning off my A/C shortly. The electric bill is killing me.

Reactions: NanSanPedro

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
I can't live without it. It's mostly the humidity that gets me. I hope to be turning off my A/C shortly. The electric bill is killing me.
It's a dual system. If the respiratory does not kill you the bill will...........LOL...........

• Haha
Reactions: cavok

Tom0910

Sep 28, 2015
Living in an environment with constant AC is not very good for you. Myself I go to Florida or Las Vegas and stay in 24/7 AC and after one day I will be coughing and just don't feel right. I found this and believe it. I do use AC here, but only when needed..............

Is it harmful to be in AC all day?

Staying for a longer period in an air conditioning system does more harm than good, it can also lead to dehydration. AC sucks too much humidity from the room, which will end up making you feel dehydrated. Staying in AC for too long can lead to respiratory problems.
Central a/c systems have built in humidity controls.

Father Guido

Jul 24, 2022
SDQ
I've lived years in the DR without any A/C... And I'm originally from close the North Pole but simply hate cold climate... Our neighbors in a very nice residencial area in POP, expats, had no A/C either... Even when we had one, we had to limit the use as my wife and kids got sick very easily...
you lived 'close the North Pole', you must have been one of Nick's first deliveries.

Father Guido

Jul 24, 2022
SDQ
I bought my condo in Bradenton,FL a year and a half ago,it has wall to wall carpet throughout,brand new and I can't wait to rip it out. Very few condos here have carpeting,some yes but I wouldn't say many that is for sure. Just my opinion but carpeting doesn't belong in hot humid climates.
nor in hot dry climates

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
Can anyone recommend any good carpet stores on the North Coast of the DR? I am looking for a good quality 8'x8' cream color shag rug.
I don't know if you have an Aliss store (not positive on the spelling) in your area. I was in one today in Punta Cana and the had hundreds of area rugs in all shape, colors, and sizes

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
You would be amazed how many owners in my condo complex did not use the A/C this summer. I don't know how they did it(?). Especially Canadians. You would think that they, more than another other group, would have a hard time tolerating the heat.

You need to go to South Florida. Many, many houses and apartments owned by non-Latinos have wall-to-wall carpeting.
In Florida central A/C is practically universal. Not so in the DR. I think that makes a big difference as far as people's tolerance of rugs in an area with a warmer climate. Then again, Florida's heat doesn't feel like the DR's heat. In the Orlando area the extreme heat and extreme humidity is unlike anything felt in the DR. Even the wind is hot air. Go in the shade qnd it's still hot and muggy. Not like the DR at all.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
In Florida central A/C is practically universal. Not so in the DR. I think that makes a big difference as far as people's tolerance of rugs in an area with a warmer climate. Then again, Florida's heat doesn't feel like the DR's heat. In the Orlando area the extreme heat and extreme humidity is unlike anything felt in the DR. Even the wind is hot air. Go in the shade qnd it's still hot and muggy. Not like the DR at all.
You're right there - Florida in the summer is way hotter than the DR, more humid, too. Central A/C is everywhere. I've never seen a split-unit in Florida.
Non-Latino American just like wall-to-wall-carpeting. Tile in the foyer, lanai, kitchen, and bathrooms, but carpet in the living rooms and bedroom.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
My best friend from high school got into the A/C business in Central Florida. Just he and a helper.

He's a millionaire now and could have made much more if he had decided to have a few techs working for him.

• Wow
Reactions: cavok

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
You need to go to South Florida. Many, many houses and apartments owned by non-Latinos have wall-to-wall carpeting.
Agreed but we're talking central heat y a/c with 24/7 electricity vs a wall unit with twice as much humidity.

There's a reason why there aren't any carpet barns next to the Bellons and Ochoas down here. I would advise against having wall to wall carpet installed because you will end up having to replace it a year or two later.

Reactions: JD Jones

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
Agreed but we're talking central heat y a/c with 24/7 electricity vs a wall unit with twice as much humidity.

There's a reason why there aren't any carpet barns next to the Bellons and Ochoas down here. I would advise against having wall to wall carpet installed because you will end up having to replace it a year or two later.
I think it's a lot more humid in Florida than here - hotter, too. Despite central A/C and cheap electric rates, Latinos in Florida all have tile floors throughout. I'll bet if you found a Latino in North Dakota, they'd still have all tile floors. Even with central A/C and cheap rates, I doubt Dominicans would ever put in wall-to-wall carpeting.