Blue Mall

jeb321

Bronze
Dec 12, 2008
There was an inauguration event at the Blue Mall last night - a concert by Puerto Rican reggaeton star Don Omar. Not clear though if the mall or any part of it is actually open for business yet.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BXHQZ_sD-g6/

Drove by yesterday. Big empty looking.  I saw maybe 3 storefront announcements: Pizza Hut, isabella Steak and Bistro (coming soon?) Hard Rock. That's it.  Trying to peer inside a doorway..looked stark, dark and bare as of yesterday afternoon.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
I passed by at about 7pm. The concert was being set up in the area facing the main road - lots of advertising banners, lighting tests and sound checks, people milling around, vehicles in the parking areas.

I also doubt any businesses are actually up and running - the mall owners/Hard Rock Café must have set the date with Don Omar several months ago when this was still the projected opening date, and had to honour the agreement.

jeb321

Bronze
Dec 12, 2008
Update update. Today I just noticed sign outside of a blue mall entrance (i guess it is an entrance) announcing mall will be open August 17.  Here is the thing..there have been no changes to the traffic pattern.  I for one cannot begin to imagine the Nightmare of more traffic.  Highway with no semaphero. Rotundas with 4 way entrances to cross highway, the curvy roads merging into one lane. Right now I have not been able to see any clear marked entrances.  There will, I am sure be loads of tourist buses, shuttle buses from all those Bavaro hotels.  There is all the mega traffic every day to and from the airport. There is the Punta Cana resort and Cap Cana practically next to the Blue Mall (which to me still looks bare and unconstructed) and either the autopista or what I call the old road leading out of Punta Cana Village where Nacional is.  And, of course there are signs now all along the highway (Senor Ranieri's highway) announcing Blue Mall.  Mike do you have any info as to whether traffic layout will change.  A traffic light, a police directed traffic, something, anything?  If getting into car now just to go to Nacional or San Juan raises the blood pressure and stress level what is to come?  

RDKNIGHT

Bronze
Mar 13, 2017
I was able to go inside the blue mall yesterday with a friend the place is amazing. east coast is getting better and better....

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
They will have to put traffic lights or a roundabout on that crossing.

And a large open space to use as a parking lot when they do events there and for the carnival. Never have understood how they can simply clog that road up that way when they've got so much land they could use.

jeb321

Bronze
Dec 12, 2008
adjective
causing great surprise or sudden wonder.

Don't forget to tip your server. I'll see myself out.

I don't think you quite understand the word as I have used it.  It is a "verb" in my sentence. I mean to RD Knight...can you add more information. " Elaborate .. To add more information or explain something you have said"

Last edited:

Pseg24

Sep 21, 2016
 There is all the mega traffic every day to and from the airport. There is the Punta Cana resort and Cap Cana practically next to the Blue Mall (which to me still looks bare and unconstructed) and either the autopista or what I call the old road leading out of Punta Cana Village where Nacional is.    

Traffic yes.There is the road to Cap Cana, the Airport and Punta Cana Village.....But MEGA traffic? That's very much exaggerated. Coming from a Major city, the traffic there is very minimal.

jeb321

Bronze
Dec 12, 2008
Traffic yes.There is the road to Cap Cana, the Airport and Punta Cana Village.....But MEGA traffic? That's very much exaggerated. Coming from a Major city, the traffic there is very minimal.

Yes Mega traffic mess will occur And factor in Dominican drivers and I do not believe I exaggerate. I come from The Major City so I know what I speak about. When was the last time you drove on that one road? Sounds like you do not know what you are talking about. Talking about SD? .please don't compare that mess with Anything. It will be a mess here if someone does not pay attention.

Last edited:

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
I drive on that road all the time and have NEVER seen any traffic problems.

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004

Good for you.  You are a majority of one

Make that 2. I've lived in Punta Cana (Village and nearby) for over 12 years and have been in a total of 2 traffic jams in that area (caused by accidents). But yes, that area needs to get organized as there'll be more people crossing the airport road starting this week and it being a very wide intersection does not help.

RDKNIGHT

Bronze
Mar 13, 2017
i agree with katep there is never no traffic the only thing that will slow you down is the retard driver in the left lane going 20 mph and then you look at him and he is in outer space and not a care in the world.. you want traffic go to the capital

jeb321

Bronze
Dec 12, 2008
Reading all the posts in this thread it seems that YOU are the majority of one claiming massive traffic jams.

"Claiming massive jams"? Speaking what I believe to be and what the rotunda road already shows..every single day And with anticipated much more on its way If Blue Mall does the business they want ... Yes massive traffic nightmare.

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
Inauguration is today. Just drove by and already a bunch of Amets posted all along the road, some road lines were repainted and a speed indicator was installed on the Coral arriving at the rotonda. President is coming so expect heavier than usual traffic in that area.

Sent from my SM-G800M using Tapatalk

jeb321

Bronze
Dec 12, 2008
Inauguration is today. Just drove by and already a bunch of Amets posted all along the road, some road lines were repainted and a speed indicator was installed on the Coral arriving at the rotonda. President is coming so expect heavier than usual traffic in that area.

Sent from my SM-G800M using Tapatalk

Thanks Kate. Do you think it is wise to attempt to leave to Jumbo in San Juan this am via cap cana road or might it be a dumb move. Congestion on road?  

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
Thanks Kate. Do you think it is wise to attempt to leave to Jumbo in San Juan this am via cap cana road or might it be a dumb move. Congestion on road?  

Sorry just saw this. It wasn't THAT bad, just a bit more traffic than usual and plenty of people trying to cross the airport highway from Blue Mall. Amets that were there were useless as far as I could see. Some of the speed bumps that were reinstalled had already gotten pulled out of the road and were scattered all over like mines. Also had to be careful of the maintenance crews who were still painting the lines in the street and cleaning up. Other than that, business as usual...