Boca Chica...safe or in denial?

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Frank....weren't you the person whp reported the HIghway Hijinks along tha BC road....?

Flag you down... fake an accident.... then relieve your of your pocketbook?

Isn't that the area where that used to - or still does happen after dark??

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
THE POST IS IS BOCA CHICA SAFE, not in search of chicas.com (good site)
statistically it is, but its as worn out as a putas ch-cha, get your selves a hire car and find the real DR not some bald loosers last hurrah saloon, there is so much more,just forget about that place and keep fond memories and move on,
GRINGO'S ARE SAFE generally, BOCA CHICA IS SAFE..............LIKE HOW MUCH TROUBLE CAN YOU GET INTO UNLESS YOU ARE SWINGERS... ENJOY

This is not and, I repeat, a hooker web site.

Infration given. Next one you are gone.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
IM UNSURE WHAT YOU MEAN BRONX BOY, THIS IS A FORUM, FULL OF DIFFERENT OPINIONS AND PERSPECTIVES, I HAVE HAD NO PERSONAL COMPLAINTS,IN ACTUAL FACT I HAVE MANY PERSONAL MESSAGES WITH PEOPLE THANKING ME FOR THE HELP AND ADVICE I HAVE GIVEN, i appologise if we are on different wavelenths, but i reiterate i mean no harm and only give my honest opinion as i see things after living here for the last 5yrs
regards lee

Perhaps it's your non-use of syntax.

pedrochemical

Silver
Aug 22, 2008
I've never had that problem in Boca Chica, but then again, any place I go to, I ask how much something is before I order it.

It's kinda hard to get overcharged if you know the price ahead of time.

Me: "How much is "La Bandera""
Waiter: "150 pesos"
me: "Please, bring me two"

later...

Waiter: "your bill, senor"
Me: "Oh! 300 pesos"
Waiter: "Si senor"

Me: "Here you go, 300 pesos for the food, and 50 pesos for you"
Waiter: "Gracias, senor."

See how simple that is?

That's how is starts - for sure.
But then they try it on.
Some people stcall their bluff and some people fold.
There is enough foot traffic on that beach that they do not care who they offend -it is a numbers game with an inexhaustible supply of numbers.

I would post a photo of the worst culprit on Boca Chica beach - but that would not be right. ;)

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
I've never had that problem in Boca Chica, but then again, any place I go to, I ask how much something is before I order it.

It's kinda hard to get overcharged if you know the price ahead of time.

Me: "How much is "La Bandera""
Waiter: "150 pesos"
me: "Please, bring me two"

later...

Waiter: "your bill, senor"
Me: "Oh! 300 pesos"
Waiter: "Si senor"

Me: "Here you go, 300 pesos for the food, and 50 pesos for you"
Waiter: "Gracias, senor."

See how simple that is?

Oh so clever. I usually can confidently go off whatever price the menu states. If the menu says RD150 I usually don't feel the need to ask the waiter again, or do you do both? Usually the menu is there for this reason.
They are robbing bastards and try it on simple. Get heavy but if you can't stand up to them, guns or not then you might as well pull your pants down and bend over the nearest table.

Understand?:tired:

Jun 18, 2007
www.rentalmetrocountry.com
That's how is starts - for sure.
But then they try it on.
Some people stcall their bluff and some people fold.
There is enough foot traffic on that beach that they do not care who they offend -it is a numbers game with an inexhaustible supply of numbers.

I would post a photo of the worst culprit on Boca Chica beach - but that would not be right. ;)

Pete, a picture speaks a 1000 words and it could help board members not to get robbed. Just my 2 cents worth.

pedrochemical

Silver
Aug 22, 2008
I still need to able to walk the beach in B.C. so no picture.
But it is within 30 yards of the Boat House - but if they think they can, they will try it at many places on that beach.

tht

Master of my own fate.
Oct 10, 2002
Planet Earth
I suggest Italy Italy just across the road for real food, no point of wasting time on any other place, except perhaps Pequena Suizza.

beastwood

Jun 30, 2011
I like it! the look sure beats traveling with weapons...and yes mi novia es fuerte with a mix of Dominican street sav. and Brooklyn (she's never been) whoop as*. She already politely but firmly talked a BC cop out of rolling me for a peso donation of an undisclosed amount....it never got that far thanks to her.

Wow. What was the name of that restaurant? I'll put it on the list of places to avoid. I have wandered all over BC and Andres and I haven't encountered this type of behaviour by business people. I have seen some aggressive behavior from beggars, vendors and street kids but I see that here in the States and deal with it the same way. Usually "the look" will suffice.

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/to-F_MQTvCw?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/to-F_MQTvCw?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/B2iaKs-s_54?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/B2iaKs-s_54?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

Besises...the OP is with his novia and I'm sure she can help steer him away from any potentially bad situations.

amparocorp

Bronze
Aug 11, 2002
there are two ways to visit BC. for the week, pay attention to what the hotel staff tells you and stay close, by the end of the week you'll know a few locals to ease your stay, it may cost a lunch or two, so what? the other is to visit on sunday and track down the fat lady with the big cooler, she's probably from the bronx, has macaroni salad, sit next to her, chat it up, engagement rings are sold nearby...................