Boca Chica...safe or in denial?

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
visit on sunday and track down the fat lady with the big cooler, she's probably from the bronx, has macaroni salad, sit next to her, chat it up, engagement rings are sold nearby...................

one are one funny person!!!!

Gemcee

Dec 30, 2009
hey..since some of us frequent BC...anyone else familiar with an extremely helpful deaf guy named Juan. Known him for years..was a shoe shine boy once upon a time..taught at Caribbean divers..about 27..pops out of the woodwork to help tourists of all sorts...just wondering. Also the Boathouse caribbean bbq on weekends has the most gigantor and amazing chicken fingers.

Deyvi

*** I love DR1 ***
Dec 23, 2009
hey..since some of us frequent BC...anyone else familiar with an extremely helpful deaf guy named Juan. Known him for years..was a shoe shine boy once upon a time..taught at Caribbean divers..about 27..pops out of the woodwork to help tourists of all sorts...just wondering. Also the Boathouse caribbean bbq on weekends has the most gigantor and amazing chicken fingers.

Juan is a fixture there. Hasn't changed. He played with my neice and nephew and shared some Brugal with me in june.

Gemcee

Dec 30, 2009
Yes..he is wonderful. Just spent 3 weeks with him in January..he is like a brother to my husband and I.

Gemcee

Dec 30, 2009
Luckily my husband prefers to have his sex without a side of transmitted disease. If you've been to BC more than once...you are most likely familiar with the reputation of Sala!

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
Luckily my husband prefers to have his sex without a side of transmitted disease. If you've been to BC more than once...you are most likely familiar with the reputation of Sala!

ok................

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
GemCee, interesting statement considering the vast majority of sexually transmitted diseases in the world today are from non 3rd world countries.
checked yourself lately ? :ermm:

Gemcee

Dec 30, 2009
hmm..looks like some people are a little sensitive about my remark. I certainly didn't mean to stir any bad feelings..so let's squash this. La Sala is what it is. We won't pretend it's a luxurious 5 star establishment.

Aug 4, 2011
Sometime I find too much informacions. I no people have sex over my walls but I think we shouldn't hear of it when it doesn't answer the question

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
gemcee, factual yes, sensitive no. let's not squabble, i agree.

BC, like any other place you may vacation is what you make it. if you want bad, you can fnd it. if you want good, you can find that also. i have not seen any real dangers in my visits (i always stay at el candil and costalunga). i dont travel along duarte at night after 11 alone and most times will take a moto back up the hill to candil or costalunga.

beastwood

Jun 30, 2011
great posts from you vets thanks. it seems the sky is not falling in BC and i do not need to fear for my life there with a wee bit o common sense. (it will be my third week in BC...10th trip to DR in three weeks). And yes it is what you make of it. I am a sucker for sand and generally tied to the SD area during my frequent visits. So any other sandy nearby locals anyone wants to promote?

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
i'm more like the croc waiting for the wildebeast at the river crossing or should i say the calle duarte crossing.....:laugh:

T

tottie

I am interested in staying in Boca Chica for one week. Any suggestions on where to stay?

JohnnyBoy

Bronze
Jun 17, 2012
If you avoid the street people for drug/girl/or financial transactions you wont have any trouble in BC.

If you look for trouble you will find it. If not then it probably wont find you.

have fun be safe.