Boca Chica

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
How melodramatic.

I'm not sure where you're sitting on the beach, but that doesn't match what I see.

But, I've only been to BC beach a few hundred times, so I may not be seeing the "real" beach.....

He is NOT on the beach but on Calle Duarte................:)

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
Boca Chica Experience

My wife and I had a drink at a beach bar in Boca Chica. This waiter expected me to pay a seating fee on the beach where we were about the only ones there. I told him he was sh_t out of luck because I wasn't about to pay for the priviledge of sitting there when I was already getting ripped off by the drink prices. I paid the bill, gave him a very small propina and walked away. I wouldn't stay overnight in Boca Chica if you paid for it. The town is strictly for Hos and Bros.

S

Yachtmaster

Jul 2, 2007
www.genesisbvi.com
Boca Chica can be a bit of a circus act, but it is what it is...... Boca Chica is one of those Dominican places and experiences that makes this country ohhhhhh so darn interesting.

I very much enjoy going to Boca Chica on a Sunday afternoon with friends from Santo Domingo, renting a table with chairs on the beach and knocking back a few ice cold Jumbo Presidentes while watching the non stop entertainment going on - priceless!!

Thousands of people from the Santo Domingo area flock to Boca Chica on Sundays. A stroll down the Boca Chica beach on a Sunday afternoon is an experience not to be missed - never mind the prostitutes..........

Deyvi

*** I love DR1 ***
Dec 23, 2009
how safe is the beach at Boca Chica Monday-Friday during the morning/afternoon? my bf is goin to be busy during this time and wanted to see if it was safe for me to be alone there until about noon... what are your opinions on this idea? he says no chance.. but really how bad could it be?

lainy

After reading all the posts I can tell you this. Nothing really starts to get going on the beach until at least noon. Usually there is no breeze until noon or 1 and it can be abit humid. Mostly they are just racking the sand and cleaning from the day before. Its quite boring Probably best to have a leisurely breakfast and hang by the hotel pool if it has one. Pequina Suiza and the place across the street on Duarte have good breakfast. PM me if you like. I was just there.

jruane44

Bronze
Jul 2, 2004
A, A
Try breakfast at D Nancy's on the beach. You'll get a good meal and you can hang out on the beach chairs later for nothing.

lainydoll

Jan 2, 2011
thank you all for you info! even though i was advised not to stay in the city of Boca Chica, we've changed our minds and decided to rent a small house there for the two weeks we are staying in DR and decided to drive into the city in the afternoons for sight seeing.

do any of you know of a Car Rental that is outside of the airport reputable and not too expensive? my boyfriend is horrible at telling me names of agencies around Boca Chica since hes not from there...

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
thank you all for you info! even though i was advised not to stay in the city of Boca Chica, we've changed our minds and decided to rent a small house there for the two weeks we are staying in DR and decided to drive into the city in the afternoons for sight seeing.

do any of you know of a Car Rental that is outside of the airport reputable and not too expensive? my boyfriend is horrible at telling me names of agencies around Boca Chica since hes not from there...

I am sure you will have a great time, I personally would NOT prepay the whole two weeks, just in case you change your mind after two days.
Enjoy the circus, make sure you stop by the Boat House!

tio tambo'

lainydoll

Jan 2, 2011
well its just easier for us to stay there since the boyfriend has "pre-spring training" at the academy there the whole time im there :-( you really think its that bad?

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
well its just easier for us to stay there since the boyfriend has "pre-spring training" at the academy there the whole time im there :-( you really think its that bad?

I told you what to do.

It is pretty nasty there, but see for yourself, perhaps B.C. will treat you well, I assume you are fluent in Espanie?

Make a few key friends at the places that were recommended, DO NOT sit at a restaurant that you do not know, and you will be fine.

t't

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005

Lainydoll I think you are making a very big mistake. I am one of the very few people on DR1 who enjoys Boca Chica but even I could not stay in BC for two weeks.

As previously mentioned do NOT pay your rooming bill in full because I have a strange feeling after a few days you will be ready to get out of town, and quick.

There are a couple of car rental places in Boca Chica but I wouldn't trust them. You are much better off renting from one of the major car rentals at the airport.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Lainydoll I think you are making a very big mistake. I am one of the very few people on DR1 who enjoys Boca Chica but even I could not stay in BC for two weeks.

As previously mentioned do NOT pay your rooming bill in full because I have a strange feeling after a few days you will be ready to get out of town, and quick.

There are a couple of car rental places in Boca Chica but I wouldn't trust them. You are much better off renting from one of the major car rentals at the airport.

Lainy....The Birdman knows, try 2 nights in a hotel and then make a decision, the word refund is not in the Spanish-English dictionary. I do hope you are paying attention to our advice. BC is fun on a Sunday to watch the circus parade, but I would not let my own sister stay there alone while her future NY Yankees novio is having batting practice up the road. Boca Chica is not for you alone!

lainydoll

Jan 2, 2011
Really?!?! well like i said, my bf has training in boca chica every morning at 6am until noon. and instead of him taking the rental car back and forth everyday we figure it would be better just to stay there in BC. is it just the beach that you advise against? or is it the whole city?

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Really?!?! well like i said, my bf has training in boca chica every morning at 6am until noon. and instead of him taking the rental car back and forth everyday we figure it would be better just to stay there in BC. is it just the beach that you advise against? or is it the whole city?

Listen to me here....BOCA CHICA is a filthy dangerous bunghole....from The Autopista to Duarte to the beach....get it yet????

If your boyfriend actually cares about you, he will not leave you there alone without finding you a trustworthy amigo/a "babysitter" for those hours

Don't say you were not warned about spending time alone there on dr1.

tambo' out

Reactions: MikeFisher

lainydoll

Jan 2, 2011
well i would really just be alone for the first weekend. my bff and her bf are joining us on that following monday or tuesday. and he lives in San Fran de Macoris but will be with us girls while my bf is at the academy... i wouldnt be goin to the beach every morning, im sure i will be sleeping in some days too..im sorry but i guess im just looking for affirmation from someone that BC isnt goin to be the worst place to be while on vacation ... :ermm:

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
...........im sorry but i guess im just looking for affirmation from someone that BC isnt goin to be the worst place to be while on vacation ... :ermm:
for two young single females Boca Chica probably isn't the worst place........ give me a few minutes and I should think of somewhere else

What in the world would two single females do in Boca Chica at night. Anyone have any ideas?

lainydoll

Jan 2, 2011
we plan on staying at the house spending time with our boyfriends that we havent seen in 5 months... lol im sure you have a clue.. j/k at night we WILL NOT BE WITHOUT OUR BOYFRIENDS AT ALL!!

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
we plan on staying at the house spending time with our boyfriends that we havent seen in 5 months... lol im sure you have a clue.. j/k at night we WILL NOT BE WITHOUT OUR BOYFRIENDS AT ALL!!
have fun, please be sure to post your Boca Chica experience.......

lainydoll

Jan 2, 2011
thank you BigBird. all i really wanna do is spend time with him, i could care less where it is really. just wanted to be on the safer side of stupid... and yes, of course i will let you all know how things are going... thanks again for all your info