Cabarete and Sosua Election for Mayors

Oct 11, 2010
i fixed the photos for you. if you upload through tinypic please chose size as "message boards" from the scroll down menu. all images should be under 100 kb to display fully.

thanks.

Thanx for the info and help.

I had to go back to my office, but heading back to JCE immediately when I finish here.

The longer this goes on, the more volatile this situation is going to get. The accusations are flying now.

Stay tuned . . .

Oct 11, 2010
JCE In Sosua - Still Counting

Passed by about 20 minutes ago, guards now in full gear (helmets, vests, etc.)

Quiet outside, just a few people around, still a strong police presence.

Again eerily quiet on the main street, still quite a few people at the front entrance.

9q93sj.jpg

10yp3jd.jpg

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Still no final result for Sosua?

In Cabarete people are insisting Raquel Sierra won as mayor. I heard the person who once was mayor and had wished to be again, did not take the loss well, and started shooting.
PLD supporters were displaying effigies of him, which probably did not help his mental state.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
anyways, the votes are not counted in total yet. i did not see any info as to when the JCE will give the list of all winners on all levels.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
One article I read said that if it takes a week, so be it. Wait.

If I understand the regulations correctly , in places where the results are not yet announced, there is to be no sale of alcohol until three hours after the announcement. Wonder how that is going in Sosua.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
One article I read said that if it takes a week, so be it. Wait.
If I understand the regulations correctly , in places where the results are not yet announced, there is to be no sale of alcohol until three hours after the announcement. Wonder how that is going in Sosua.

for 3 hours after voting:
Art?culo 109.- PROHIBICI?N DEL EXPENDIO DE BEBIDAS. Desde veinticuatro horas antes de la elecci?n, no podr? expenderse ni distribuirse a ning?n t?tulo bebidas alcoh?licas, hasta tres horas despu?s de terminada la votaci?n.
this is what electoral law says.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Sosua news has it wrong in that case:

The Central Electoral Board (JCE) announced that 24 hours before the elections (Sunday, May 15th), election propaganda, sale of alcohol and the carrying of arms is prohibited.

Prohibited election propaganda concerns parades, flyer campaigns, performing artists, demonstrations and radio and TV appearances. The prohibition of alcohol and the carrying of weapons is necessary because in previous elections, supporters of political parties were so excited they started to fight with each other. Uniformed police and soldiers will be unobtrusively present and have to keep some distance from polling stations, this to avoid the appearance of influence. Three hours after revealing the outcome of the elections, alcoholic drinks can be sold again.
These regulations also apply to El Batey, the tourist district of Sos?a. Therefore, the Don Andres BBQ moved to May 18th.

Aug 21, 2007
My maid is telling me that there is some discrepancy in the votes and fraud is expected. Take this information in stride. She says that she heard it on television, but it may just be chismes.

Lindsey