Cabarete and Sosua Election for Mayors

Oct 11, 2010
And the show goes on . . .

10:00am in front of JCE

2vv1j7a.jpg

140w1vs.jpg

Street still closed, plenty of police both in front of JCE and both side streets.

No crowd of people at all, yet. It was raining lightly so expected.

Oct 11, 2010
You're reliable source is very wrong. Police were just sent in to cool down what could turn into a riot in front of the election office where El Chamo mysteriously jumped ahead of Ilana, but no one seems to know where the votes came from. (from a policeman who was just called in to head into Sosua)

My maid is telling me that there is some discrepancy in the votes and fraud is expected. Take this information in stride. She says that she heard it on television, but it may just be chismes.

Lindsey

Just to be a little clearer, and certainly not an indictment of the above posts.

The vote count has continuosly been in Ilana's favor, Wilfredo has been behind since the first bulletin and ALL subsequent bulletins, so far.

The number of votes in favor of Ilana is relatively small but has been increasing with each "mesa" counted, so far.

Up until now the vote counting process within the JCE office has proceeded normally, correctly and is supervised by representatives of all parties.

The allegations of fraud and discrepancies in the vote count are coming from Wilfredo and his "constituents".

Last edited:
Aug 21, 2007
Maybe you are right, NY-DR Commuter. The TV is saying that people leaving the Junta, the people counting votes, say that Willy is ahead by 700 votes. But the reports from the Junta reflect something different.

So, who knows.

Lindsey

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
it's taking them way too long to throw another bulletin. last one is from yesterday, around 10 PM. 16 hours more and the counting is not over?

Aug 21, 2007
Something is happening down at the Junta. Lots of jeepetas flying down the street in both directions and it is jammed up where the road is blocked off.

Lindsey

Aug 21, 2007
I recommend people stay away from this area. Crowds have formed and the air feels electric. I hope, if they release information, that they wait until school is out and the kids have gone home. Our learning center is just down the street. Maybe I am an old worry wart, but I don't want our kids around if tempers flare, and the longer this goes on, I am afraid the hotter the tempers will be.

Lindsey

Oct 11, 2010
Something is happening down at the Junta. Lots of jeepetas flying down the street in both directions and it is jammed up where the road is blocked off.

Lindsey

I just left JCE now, the problem is now there are two issues trying to be resolved at the same time. The vote count for mayor of Sosua and ALSO the local vote count for Senator. Several candidates arrived and were talking with some of the people in the JCE office and to the crowd you saw in the street. They left as I'm sure you have seen, and so did I. I'm going back to my office to post a few pictures and some more info.

Oct 11, 2010
Wilfredo's constituents are not very happy and starting to let their emotions get the better of them.

There is another announcement coming. The crowd will be back.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
dv8, unless I am reading it incorrectly, I see PLD 36.6% and PRSC 57.14%, according to the link. Am I missing something?

i'm looking at page 92. here's a screen shot:

13zz53d.jpg

the percentage setup you quoted above is on page 1, distrito nacional.

hammerdown

Bronze
Apr 29, 2005
dv8, unless I am reading it incorrectly, I see PLD 36.6% and PRSC 57.14%, according to the link. Am I missing something?

Lindsey

You have to scroll way down and find Sosua ..... and what dv8 says is true....41.27 PLD, 38.79 PRSC.....your numbers are from District National

james

Jan 14, 2002
Lindsey, You need to scroll down the page until you get to the chart for Puerto Plata...Sosua. It is Municipio #97 and Province #21. The numbers as you go down for the Municiop get larger on each chart.

Its about half way down . You were only looking at the chart for Santo Domingo (District Nacional) there are many more below that.

Oct 11, 2010
Latest in this saga

5:30pm at JCE - Still Waiting . . .

New group out front of entrance JCE

6eohe8.jpg

Wilfredo Olivence - Candidato Alcalde PRSC leaving JCE

of0a2q.jpg

Willie's minions who were outside on the other side of the street seem not to comprehend what is actually going on inside.

Listening to them discuss the issues was . . . hilarious.