cabarete: missing tourist

wolfdr

Nov 13, 2007
Seen in Luperon?

Can you tell me more of where he was - Thank you so much

Well, before I do that I feel obligated to state the obvious.......some people who come as tourists decide to sta
y longer. That does not mean that they are lost; perhaps i signifies a yearning, or a dissatisfaction with their reality from wherever they came
Perhaps they are attempting to dissolve a relationship with a significant other and lack the ability to do it with finesse.
I have no idea what your relationship to this man is, and whether he wants you know his whereabouts, but you seem to have some genuine concerns, so I will tell you what little I know:
Yesterday mid morning I was walking near the center of town. A tall guy approached me for the opposite direction, and we got within about fifteen feet of each other before he appeared to hesitate and then turned around. I had never seen him before. He was tall, had a beard similar to the photo, was wearing a bandana tha covered his hair, and wore large dark sunglasses. He struck me as a tourist simply by his demeanor, but I could be FOS. I have been before

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Here's three different pictures of him

2j83rs.jpg

Attachments

• 12615758_10153934310441151_1569901378535825397_o.jpg
    12615758_10153934310441151_1569901378535825397_o.jpg
    127.7 KB · Views: 190
Last edited by a moderator:

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Even DR1 News, with a link to this very thread!
US tourist missing on the north coast
The Palm Beach Post reports that Dominican authorities are searching for a US tourist who went missing during a trip to the Dominican Republic. A RD$100,000 reward is being offered to anyone who can help find 46-year old Darryl Fornatora who was last seen in Cabarete on 27 January 2016. He is 6'5" tall and weighs 195 pounds, with brown hair and brown eyes.
According to friends and family, Fornatora went to the Dominican Republic on a surfing trip but did not board his flight back home on 31 January 2016.
Anyone with information on his whereabouts is urged to call Sgt. Rosario at the Cabarete Police Department on (809) 853-9142, the Police Criminal Investigations Department (Dicrim) on (829) 966-5378, or Leon Alter-Crime Stoppers 809 969-7700 or see https://www.facebook.com/groups/crimestoppersdr/
http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/news/breaking-news/west-palm-beach-man-missing-in-the-dominica
http://dr1.com/forums/showthread.php/155774-cabarete-missing-tourist

franco1111

Bronze
May 29, 2013
Gringo
REWARD offered for Florida man missing in North Coast

Santo Domingo.- According to outlet palmbeachpost.com, local authorities are searching for a West Palm Beach man who went missing during a trip to the Dominican Republic.

?A (US)$100,000 reward is being offered to anyone who can help find Darryl Fornatora, 46, who was last seen on Jan. 27 in Cabarete, Domincan Republic.

Quoting a Facebook post from James Wieland, Fornatora went on a surfing trip to the country and never boarded a flight back home on Jan. 31. ?Clues say he was not surfing when he disappeared.?

For anyone with information on his whereabouts please call Leon Alter Crime Stoppers at (809)-969-7700 or Sgt. Rosario with the Cabarete Police Department at (809)-853-9142.

Email from a friend of Mr. Fornatora to DT:

A friend of mine, Darryl Fornatora, went missing in the Cabarete/Kite Beach area last week. He was last seen on 27/1/16. Local authorities and DR CrimeStoppers are investigating Darryl's disappearance.

Can you please post his missing persons poster on your website so we can let more people know to look for him? I've attached the poster in English and Spanish to this email.

Muchas gracias!

Alison Harvey

http://www.dominicantoday.com/dr/lo...offered-forFlorida-man-missing-in-North-Coast

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
I received this Email today from a friend regarding this incident.

My friend Daryl & buddy went to Cabarete to surf. His friend went home a few days earlier ....Daryl never made his flight and is missing. He probably got abducted & killed? If you know anyone who could help find him ...please reach out.
Too close to home, but I know what happened to you & you survived.
Take care,
Jeannie B

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Not that I'm keeping track but when a gringo(a) "goes missing" down here and their pictures start getting
posted on DR1, the outcome is usually bad.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
I received this Email today from a friend regarding this incident.

My friend Daryl & buddy went to Cabarete to surf. His friend went home a few days earlier ....Daryl never made his flight and is missing. He probably got abducted & killed? If you know anyone who could help find him ...please reach out.
Too close to home, but I know what happened to you & you survived.
Take care,
Jeannie B

You guys should get in touch with DR1 member DamageIncCEO. I think he's an investigator or has close ties to
investigators up there on the north coast. He was very vocal about working another missing gringos case recently.
Perhaps he can help.

DamageIncCEO

Dec 3, 2008
You guys should get in touch with DR1 member DamageIncCEO. I think he's an investigator or has close ties to
investigators up there on the north coast. He was very vocal about working another missing gringos case recently.
Perhaps he can help.

Thank you for the vote of confidence CristoRey. I am a retired NYPD Detective and I am a Licensed Private Investigator from New York. I have a Private Investigation/Security Company in New York and a Security Company here in Puerto Plata as well.

I have been contacted about this case already. I was recommended to the family by some good friends and the U.S. Embassy.

Possibly meeting with them this weekend.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Thank you for the vote of confidence CristoRey. I am a retired NYPD Detective and I am a Licensed Private Investigator from New York. I have a Private Investigation/Security Company in New York and a Security Company here in Puerto Plata as well.

I have been contacted about this case already. I was recommended to the family by some good friends and the U.S. Embassy.

Possibly meeting with them this weekend.

I know you worked on another missing persons case. Even tho the women involved was someone I considered to be a
very good friend (at the time) I hope your work helped to bring some closure to
that individual?s family. Perhaps you will be able to do the same for this fella?s family as well. Good luck.

DamageIncCEO

Dec 3, 2008
I know you worked on another missing persons case. Even tho the women involved was someone I considered to be a
very good friend (at the time) I hope your work helped to bring some closure to
that individual?s family. Perhaps you will be able to do the same for this fella?s family as well. Good luck.

Okay, I am working this case along with my good Friend/Brother Leon Alter of CrimeStoppers, the U.S. Embassy is also involved and the Dominican National Police Investigation Unit. The Family is watching this forum closely so please no insensitive stupid remarks. This is a tough time for them.

This is a very tough case. Any information will be greatly appreciated. You can e-mail me directly at: DamageIncCEO@msn.com or private message me on here.

DV8 thank you for your advice on the postings.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
please provide all the info you can share without compromising your investigation. this thread is viewed by posters from all over DR. i will make sure it stays on topic.

good luck.

DamageIncCEO

Dec 3, 2008
please provide all the info you can share without compromising your investigation. this thread is viewed by posters from all over DR. i will make sure it stays on topic.

good luck.

Thank you so much DV8.

This is what we have: Darryl is possible running from something(I won't get into details). He is apparently very paranoid, nervous and afraid. He could be hiding because he fears for his life. That would be his possible mental state. So he would be very low key(sunglasses & bandana a strong possibility) and probably not looking to make conversation at all.

Please e-mail me(DamageIncCEO@msn.com) if you have anything. We are checking every lead. Thank you.