cabarete: missing tourist

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
The odds of this man now being found alive and well, just went down a lot.. Or, he went to great lengths to not be found..
Looks more and more like a tragic accident however.
Very Sad..

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
For the family's sake I do hope this turns out well. But something is not right with this situation.

MarcJ1492

Mar 16, 2016
I looked into this case. It is my opinion that his friend had something to do with his disappearance. Matt, the so call friend, leaves the DR without
his missing friend. He left a day after Darryl went missing. How can you just leave your friend behind if you think he is in trouble? Also, Matt took Darryl's laptop and surfing board.
If Matt took his friend's belongings is because Matt Knows that Darryl won't need them anymore. I hope this so call friend of Darryl comes clean and the authorities find Darryl. This is one of the worst thing that could happen to anyone.
It is really upsetting.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Where the wallet is found and the whereabouts of the owner need not be related.

They found the strongbox of my neighbor in a stream now here near where she was found.
Throw away evidence anywhere you want, any time.

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
A wallet found on the sea floor of a guy who went missing a month ago.....Better chances of hitting power ball

I agree , kind of strange.
But by the same token if someone wanted to DESTROY that kind of Evidence , they could have easily BURNED it, and TAKEN the $$$..
If someone planted it there, they wanted it found, and knew that divers frequent that area possibly ?
But unlikely it just sat there on the bottom for a month, but anything is possible.
The money still being inside, is a BIG CLUE..
This could be just a Suicide though, and not necessarily at the exact time of disappearance .
Why did his friend take his Laptop? and leave the country . wow ?
That dude needs to be interrogated, big time.

spmc

Nov 7, 2008
$20k pesos, unlikely a local Dominican was ever in possesion of the wallet.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
In this thread a PI last posted that it is thought Daryl might be in fear for his life. That tells me a lot.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
My friend was one of the last persons to see him and said he was acting very paranoid and said people were after him etc...she said he looked like he was on drugs but who knows? I don't know wth is going on here but many people seem to be having weird drug episodes here or crazed mental breakdowns...
A guy in my barrio last weekend had a crazy drug episode running around topless in the middle of the night trying to escape and he came from Cabarete that night...

ltsnyder

Bronze
Jun 4, 2003
www.x3ci.com
My friend was one of the last persons to see him and said he was acting very paranoid and said people were after him etc...she said he looked like he was on drugs but who knows? I don't know wth is going on here but many people seem to be having weird drug episodes here or crazed mental breakdowns...
A guy in my barrio last weekend had a crazy drug episode running around topless in the middle of the night trying to escape and he came from Cabarete that night...

THC along with other drugs tend to increase the possibility of a paranoid delusional episode especially with people in their early 20s. What is does is basically suppress the per-frontal cortex which is responsible for mitigation of thoughts. So when you hear the bushes rustle and think it is someone sneaking up on you, most people realize it is a stupid idea, that action, suppressing a stupid paranoid idea is the per-frontal cortex in action. In a paranoid episode possibly by THC or a synthetic drug these paranoid ideas run wild, and can lead to crazy actions.

THC along with other drugs tend to increase the possibility of a paranoid delusional episode especially with people in their early 20s. What is does is basically suppress the per-frontal cortex which is responsible for mitigation of thoughts. So when you hear the bushes rustle and think it is someone sneaking up on you, most people realize it is a stupid idea, that action, suppressing a stupid paranoid idea is the per-frontal cortex in action. In a paranoid episode possibly by THC or a synthetic drug these paranoid ideas run wild, and can lead to crazy actions.

I'm thinking it's a bit different than just weed...the people I know have not been in their 20's and
maybe more along the lines that it is laced with something and or it is not weed but Coke with some added crap. Too many weird things for this to be a weird reaction to just pot.

ltsnyder

Bronze
Jun 4, 2003
www.x3ci.com
I'm thinking it's a bit different than just weed...the people I know have not been in their 20's and
maybe more along the lines that it is laced with something and or it is not weed but Coke with some added crap. Too many weird things for this to be a weird reaction to just pot.

The current indicators are that there might be a portion of the population predisposed to schizophrenia and THC along with allegories increases the chance of a 'episode'. The whole concept of it "reducing inhibition" is synonymous with minor suppression of the frontal cortex, so saying the risk was not associated with the effect is kind of like saying you can have your cake and at it too. For the vast majority of people, they never end up having a mental breakdown. For those that do, what they imaging is the truth is anyone's guess.

Keeping it DR related, if he was having a paranoid schizophrenic episode, he could have done anything, swam out into the ocean to 'escape them', ran into the woods, drove fast away to get away.... excetera . excetera ..