Canadian killed in Punta Cana

usernamehmmm

Dec 25, 2009
I would almost guarantee that if you asked the killers where they were from - they would say QUEBEC not Canada! So let me suggest that we grant them their wish and identify them as Quebecers..not Canadians!

Reactions: woofsback

juanita

Bronze
Apr 22, 2004
The Quebecois are so evil please don't travel to Quebec they are violent and corrupt they discriminate against everbody. (substitute Quebecois for Dominicans anytime you feel comfortable).

I bet there were many castigating and blaming Dominicans for this heinous act. Tabernac!!!

I would almost guarantee that if you asked the killers where they were from - they would say QUEBEC not Canada! So let me suggest that we grant them their wish and identify them as Quebecers..not Canadians!

Two very intelligent post....where do you people come from...jeezzz! This tread is about the tragic death of a young man and you find a way to amuse yourselves bashing on people?

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
The Quebecois are so evil please don't travel to Quebec they are violent and corrupt they discriminate against everbody. (substitute Quebecois for Dominicans anytime you feel comfortable).

I bet there were many castigating and blaming Dominicans for this heinous act. Tabernac!!!

Two very intelligent post....where do you people come from...jeezzz! This tread is about the tragic death of a young man and you find a way to amuse yourselves bashing on people?

Actually the accused are all Algerian- Canadians from Quebec.

Ontariojammers

Feb 7, 2011
I saw the names of the suspects and they are not even pronouncable, which tells me they are not true Canadians, but immegrants, so I would not be calling them Quebecors. We all know the type, young immegrant punks with ****ty attitudes that think the world owes them something. I heard they are only going to charge two of them now. I think we should deport the others and all of their family members back to wherever they came from. And I hope the ones that are charged rot in DR jail.

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
I saw the names of the suspects and they are not even pronouncable, which tells me they are not true Canadians, but immegrants, so I would not be calling them Quebecors. We all know the type, young immegrant punks with ****ty attitudes that think the world owes them something. I heard they are only going to charge two of them now. I think we should deport the others and all of their family members back to wherever they came from. And I hope the ones that are charged rot in DR jail.

The other immigrants ?
Why deport their family too ?

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com

Judging by your comment you are truly ignorant. A true Canadian can be an immigrant, and a born in Canada 10th generation Canadian can be a traitor to their country. Try using spell-check, you'll at least sound a little more intelligent, doubt it though. The evidence probably only supports charging two of them. I'm a Canadian, you don't sound like one.

VincenteDiana

Jan 10, 2002

IMHO, whether you are Canadian Qu?b?cois, Algerian Qu?b?cois, French Canadian Qu?b?cois, English Canadian Qu?b?cois, or any other nationality, it's not the country that is to blame. It's the persons, the race and nationality have nothing to do with it.

I will not stop visiting DR and please, if you have a chance to come to Canada, please do, it's a beautiful country.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
I know Bob, but does that make all Quebecois killers or violent?

It doesn't Juanita. Most of us know that there are evil people everywhere in the world. When something like this happens people are just too quick to bash/judge.

losflor

Sep 4, 2010
What a truly tragic story. I think that readers must try to separate the actions of an individual and that of a race.

Where the attackers or the victim came from is immaterial - each individual is responsible for their own actions regardless of origin.

Because all the persons involved in this event are from different countries and it occurred in another cannot distract from human causality.

The consequences of this fight has left a boy dead and distracting this tragedy with debate over ethic origin and culpability is useless.

Let's hope that the attackers are dealt with justly and are punished accordingly and that the family of the victim are able to rebuild their lives.

YUL514

Aug 28, 2010
It doesn't Juanita. Most of us know that there are evil people everywhere in the world. When something like this happens people are just too quick to bash/judge

Or give it a racist spin.Let's wait and see.So far,we know that a young man is dead and that 2 to 5 others are in prison.Let's hope that they get a fair trial.Once all facts are known,then and only then,can you make an informed opinion.
mike

greydread

Platinum
Jan 3, 2007
Could've happened anywhere....

This tragedy speaks more to kids are being taught than anything else. If the report is accurate the murderers were abusing (at least verbally, maybe manhandling) a young lady in a public area of the resort. Another vacationer happened to be present and intervened on her behalf (who wouldn't). It cost him his life.

That's it, plain and simple. Nationalities, immigration status, none of that BS matters. What matters is that a bunch of young guys felt that they were entitled to assault and eventually murder at will. They felt uninhibited by any law or moral responsibility and they probably feel no remorse right now other than the fact that they were caught.

It doesn't matter where these kids are from or where their parents were from. None of them should get off. Not stopping the murderers amongst them makes the others accessory to the crime. Unfortunately there will probably be some sort of financial arrangement which doesn't hit the papers by the time most everyone forgets about this. The victim's family will never forget.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
I know Bob, but does that make all Quebecois killers or violent?

Not at all, and I never said that, but culture does play a role. Immigrants from one culture have a tendency to stick together. This seems to be more so for those from the middle east.

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
Not at all, and I never said that, but culture does play a role. Immigrants from one culture have a tendency to stick together. This seems to be more so for those from the middle east.

Except that Algeria...... is NOT a middle-eastern country, it is located in North-Africa ;)

Last edited:

Jasper

Bronze
Jan 10, 2002

where do you live, idiot? i'll be paying you a visit with 6 of my best friends. lol, montreal.

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
True enough, but Arabic and probably Islamic, and more likely to spit on a woman than your average north American.

Here you go again :eek: You Had to add your anti-Muslim agenda into this.

There are just a bunch of stupid mfcker, that's all, who I hope, will rot in Jail.

Back to the topic, let's not turn this and all the threads into a Hate thread please....You have the off-topic thread for that purpose :)