Canadian killed in Punta Cana

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Here you go again :eek: You Had to add your anti-Muslim agenda into this.

There are just a bunch of stupid mfcker, that's all, who I hope, will rot in Jail.

Back to the topic, let's not turn this and all the threads into a Hate thread please....You have the off-topic thread for that purpose :)

I not anti religion of peace, I'm anti all religions. You as an immigrant know that immigrants often stick with their own from the mother country- familiar, same culture, language, ....etc. The two kept in jail have yet to be charged with anything. They are both 21.

greydread

Platinum
Jan 3, 2007
Not always true. Fights like this are not like what you may see in the ring. Sometimes, it can be over in seconds!!!

Yes and this article mentions the fact that there were bottles involved and the five named participants were injured. One hit with a long neck beer bottle can result in several hundred stitches, a fractured skull and/ or cerebral hemmoraging resulting in death.

There's a lot more to this story than we'll ever know. That's for sure. Young Men do stupid things sometimes especially when alcohol and females are present.

pedrochemical

Silver
Aug 22, 2008
but still, it takes a little while for a fight to start and develop, my question still is...where was security?

Where was security?
Running away maybe?

The other night some idiot let off a pistol outside a club - I was parked right there waiting for a sandwich. People scattered like ants - including the security - he was actually hiding behind my car.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
but still, it takes a little while for a fight to start and develop, my question still is...where was security?

Does security carry shotguns? If not they were more than likely hiding in the bushes. Who wants to break up a fight with 6 drunk guys holding bottles in their hands.

Like someone said we will never know the whole story.

Major448

Silver
Sep 8, 2010
I agree with your question about "where was security?" We will never know.

However, until a fight actually breaks out, it is an argument or disagreement. And many people just sit and watch arguments happen. Even though it just may be the most dangerous part of the whole interaction. (No, I am NOT saying that you should get involved in someone's argument.)

Security, and sometimes police, are often not called for "arguments". But they get called when the real fighting breaks out. And that may be too late. A call for security should have been made (and may have been made) while it was still an argument.

Again, we will never know.

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
Where was security?
Running away maybe?

The other night some idiot let off a pistol outside a club - I was parked right there waiting for a sandwich. People scattered like ants - including the security - he was actually hiding behind my car.

In all my years here, I've never seen a security guard with any balls. Several years ago I was having it out with a Pit Bull and "Rambo" just stood there in full battle dress armed with a dagger, a revolver, a shotgun, a night stick and when it got a little rough, he ran accross the street to safety. The are a bunch of chicken sh*t loosers and wouldn't qualify to be a school crossing guard.

The guard at the hotel if he was witness to the altercation should be charged with neglecting his duties. I think a 2 year sentence would be fair.

Momark

Jul 27, 2010
Only ethnic consideration might be how particular cultures value and treat women. One spits in a woman's face, another puts himself at risk defending her.
As far as where security was...is their a Dunkin' Donuts nearby the crime scene?

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
My security guy in my apartment in Bavaro gets 23 pesos per hour and works 12 hours on, 12 hours off, the 36 hours on and 12 hours off...............................
I have just spent a week in the Hotel Rui Bambu in Bavaro and I didnt see any security in the hotel, the security is at the actual main gate, well away from any of the hotels. This may be a contributing factor to why a guy was beaten to death, but not an excuse for other holiday makers to realise this was well beyond a slap and off to bed. The pussies here were the bystanders, not the security.
I expect if not in full view then many big men were hiding behind the curtains of the apartment, watching.

Ezequiel

Bronze
Jun 4, 2008
My security guy in my apartment in Bavaro gets 23 pesos per hour and works 12 hours on, 12 hours off, the 36 hours on and 12 hours off...............................
I have just spent a week in the Hotel Rui Bambu in Bavaro and I didnt see any security in the hotel, the security is at the actual main gate, well away from any of the hotels. This may be a contributing factor to why a guy was beaten to death, but not an excuse for other holiday makers to realise this was well beyond a slap and off to bed. The pussies here were the bystanders, not the security.
I expect if not in full view then many big men were hiding behind the curtains of the apartment, watching.

Why the bystanders? Why should anybody get involve in a fight/brawl?

If I see people fighting I will not break up the fight or get involve in the fight, unless is with one of my family member.

The most I can do is to call 911, but if it happened in the DR, bad luck for them if they don't have friends and family around to help them.

I will not put my life in danger, and put my family through hell if something happened to me because I was breaking up a fight.

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
In a hotel I expect there were a few people around. More than enough to break up a boy being beaten to death. In my mind, sometimes you just have to step up to the mark and if I saw someones son getting kicked to death for trying to do the right thing in protecting a woman from assault then I would have no hassitation in stepping up, grabbing a few others and making sure it didnt go so far as to kill the boy. You dont kick someone to death in a few minutes, this must have been going on for some time.
I have my morals, you have yours, 19 year old boy and standing up for a woman deserves a little backup IMO.
I just hope your wife or husband never gets attacked and needs a guy to stop what may have been her, had it not been him. Or maybe you might be saying, so why did no one stop this!

Reactions: genistar