Canadian Spousal Sponsorship Denied Today

Status
Not open for further replies.

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
Yes. But going the appeal way or re-applying? I am struggling with which route to take.

Can't help you there, I have no idea what they did as far as the whole process, just know that there were 2 or 3 denials. Have you visited a bruja? They saw one and 2 years later....BAM! VISA!.....
:)
Jejejeje

SHALENA

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
To USA? Really? How is that going to help someone going through the Canadian process and wants to know whether to appeal or re- apply?
If you spend some time there you'll find Cananada is also a topic of discussion.

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
If you have the opportunity to spend a long day; From 7:00 am to 5:00 pm at the waiting room of DR US consulate like I did a couple years ago you'll see a lot of smiles but sadness also on people's face... Yes many get approved and a lot Des-approved.

Even couples with kids are asked to bring more documents in a second interview...

It's not a piece of cake!

JJ

jackichan

Bronze
Jun 23, 2011
I have a female friend she met her american fiance on fb and they have been dating way over a year. Just a couple of weeks ago i passed her dr1 links on Immigration/ Visa tips. The guy flew in last week and yesterday they got granted Spousal visa.

The OP NEEDS BE there for the interview process..

RV429

Bronze
Apr 3, 2011
jackichan is correct, the most important thing is for the spouse to be at the Interview.

Lolitula

Mar 16, 2011
Hey Love&Laugh,

First and foremost, I'm SO sorry to hear this. I was married to a Dominican and returned to Canada to deliver our baby...and they denied him the right to enter. It was then that I went for a consultation with an Immigration lawyer, just to know my rights, etc...and I found it extremely helpful.

Phone records are definitely important to have, as are photos, any gifts, cards, tangible proof of your time together. Another thing is that the interviewers, unfortunately, will ask some fairly in-depth questions that even the most in-love couples find difficult to answer correctly (what side of the bed does he sleep on, etc.) It takes away a bit from the romanticism, but it helps to sort of 'study' your answers together, too :)

There's no such thing, when sponsoring your husband to come to Canada, as too much proof. ANY receipts from phone, travel, etc., are necessary...anything at all! Do remember that in Ottawa alone there are several marriage 'frauds' that are uncovered all the time...and that you're financially and in every other way completely responsible for him for 3 years when / if the application is approved. In a funny kinda way, think of it as they're looking out for your well-being somehow, too...at least ithelps to try :)

I'm really so sorry. Make sure your husband has everything he can possibly have...and see about going to a lawyer, even for aconsult. Sometimes they'll offer a free consultation, and it'll provide you a world of info! Good luck!

answering both questions.
RV429 - Nothing yet, I'm mailing the appeal papers tomorow. As for proof? Oh my goodness, I thought I sent too much. I sent everything you've mentioned.

Anna C - Yes, Canadian - Ontario. As for the lawyer, it wasn't to make it faster, moreso that they may know more about my rights and all the legalities etc... I did read the sticky, but thought I could get more information from current posts. I donno, maybe I'm one of the few you've been denied in 2011. The timeframe for appealing and re-applying didn't seem that different in months. CIC is taking so much longer now. Also, I'm afraid of them declining again for the same reasons.
Ugh, this process is disheartening. And by the looks of things, I have many more miles to go

jad604

Nov 17, 2011
I married a Dominican woman and received the visa without any problems. Why? Because she was only 11 years my junior, (not a May - December relationship) I had a good job in Canada to support her. She also could tell the interviewer my birth date, my sons names, where I lived and worked in Canada. Lots of personal questions that proved to the Canadian interviewer that it was a real long term relationship.

Big age differences make the interviewer very suspicious and even more so with a Canadian woman and a Dominican man. They know that "most" Dominican men can only find menial labour jobs in Canada which they find demeaning (used to be the center of attention in the all-inclusive hotels) and soon are a burden on their wife and her income.

Bill how long did it take from application to approval? Was there an interview and if so did you attend? There is a 20 year difference between my wife and I. We also have a 4 year old son who already has his Report of Birth Abroad certificate and US passport since before he turned two years. We were married in POP in May, 2011. I submitted the I-130 app in early July, 2011. I sent a little more info than they asked for, i.e. additional testimonies along with copies of their passports, money gram receipts going back over 4 years, copies of our son's US passport and birth certificate and finally, copies of my US passport showing that ALL the stamps were from the DR everyy three months or so going back to June, 2005. What do you think my chances are getting approved the first time.

I also have the info (pictures and other docs) that got my son approved but did not send that in the initial app but will take to the interview. Any other advice I would appreciate greatly.

Thank you,
James (Jamie)

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Bill how long did it take from application to approval? Was there an interview and if so did you attend? There is a 20 year difference between my wife and I. We also have a 4 year old son who already has his Report of Birth Abroad certificate and US passport since before he turned two years. We were married in POP in May, 2011. I submitted the I-130 app in early July, 2011. I sent a little more info than they asked for, i.e. additional testimonies along with copies of their passports, money gram receipts going back over 4 years, copies of our son's US passport and birth certificate and finally, copies of my US passport showing that ALL the stamps were from the DR everyy three months or so going back to June, 2005. What do you think my chances are getting approved the first time.

I also have the info (pictures and other docs) that got my son approved but did not send that in the initial app but will take to the interview. Any other advice I would appreciate greatly.

Thank you,
James (Jamie)

The topic here was Canada. You are talking about the US.

DominicanBilly

Mar 9, 2005
harborviewcondos.4t.com

Thank you,
James (Jamie)

Hi James:

It took 9 months before we got the visa. Which included her 17 year old daughter.

I had phone records, letters, marriage certificate, my passport entries in to the DR. This was all taken to the interview and presented to them. I was there but they interviewed my wife alone, I was not allowed in to the interview and it was done in Spanish because she had no English.

The biggest delay was that all the paper work had to go through Haiti to Ottawa then back to Haiti before it was forwarded to Santo Domingo.

Patience is the only advice along with that you do not need a lawyer.

Love & Laugh

Sep 25, 2010
Thanks again All.
No. I did not go to the interview. You know what, perhaps I should have asked all these questions before, but, who knew. I was confident we would be approved. Before, I thought it was smarter to save as much as we could becuase it may have taken some time for him to find a job and we did not want the financial strain - why I travelled less. We decided to struggle and be really patient, see each other less and still have the phone calls, but clearly that was not enough. I sent in my appeal today, next I will consult a lawyer. What I have decided to do, while I wait for the appeal process, is rent an apartment in punta cana and visit every 3/4 months and photograph any and everything. It will cost, but we are willing to do what it takes. I'll check out all the other links and see what others are doing etc... I am still welcoming info/advise if relevant to my issue

jad604

Nov 17, 2011
One last group of questions Bill. How far in advance were you notified about the interview? Is is possible to change the date to a later month? Is a list of what to bring provided?

Is the American embassy and Canadian embassy located in the same building or area in Santo
Domingo?

Thank you mucho.

Love & Laugh

Sep 25, 2010
One last group of questions Bill. How far in advance were you notified about the interview? Is is possible to change the date to a later month? Is a list of what to bring provided?

Is the American embassy and Canadian embassy located in the same building or area in Santo
Domingo?

Thank you mucho.

This I can answer... We received the email from Canada Immigration 6 weeks before the date of. The email was very specific in what to bring. You may get different instructions but it seemed pretty standard to me. As for changing the date, it said it was the only date avail to attend at the office - that part was in bold; so...
Not sure if same building, but Canada is on Winston Churchill Ave

Status
Not open for further replies.