Canadian Spousal Sponsorship Denied Today

Status
Not open for further replies.

jad604

Nov 17, 2011
This I can answer... We received the email from Canada Immigration 6 weeks before the date of. The email was very specific in what to bring. You may get different instructions but it seemed pretty standard to me. As for changing the date, it said it was the only date avail to attend at the office - that part was in bold; so...
Not sure if same building, but Canada is on Winston Churchill Ave

Thank you LL. Six weeks is not enough time to get a decent price on an airline. Gotta do what I gotta do!

RV429

Bronze
Apr 3, 2011
The topic was about spousal visa approval or denial. Dude widen your scope. It not just about Canada.

jad, Your packet from the US authorities will tell you what to bring, bring it all and more, lots of photos. MOST importantly YOU must go along as well.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
The topic was about spousal visa approval or denial. Dude widen your scope. It not just about Canada.

It is far better to start a different thread on each case, not to mention trying to merge cases from different countries with completely different requirements. A US sponsor reading about what works in Canada is not going to be helpful.

johnny

Bronze
Feb 8, 2003
hausenland.com
Thanks again All.
No. I did not go to the interview. You know what, perhaps I should have asked all these questions before, but, who knew. I was confident we would be approved. Before, I thought it was smarter to save as much as we could becuase it may have taken some time for him to find a job and we did not want the financial strain - why I travelled less. We decided to struggle and be really patient, see each other less and still have the phone calls, but clearly that was not enough. I sent in my appeal today, next I will consult a lawyer. What I have decided to do, while I wait for the appeal process, is rent an apartment in punta cana and visit every 3/4 months and photograph any and everything. It will cost, but we are willing to do what it takes. I'll check out all the other links and see what others are doing etc... I am still welcoming info/advise if relevant to my issue

So, you met him in Punta Cana. Does he work in the animation team?
Maybe He been thru this process before with other ?wives? and the consul already know him.
Time to move to Sankie 101 forum

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Most people take marriage seriously, especially when dealing with immigration issues.

By not showing up you left a clear message that you didn't care. Additionally, you have no idea how he came across in the interview.

jad604

Nov 17, 2011
jad, Your packet from the US authorities will tell you what to bring, bring it all and more, lots of photos. MOST importantly YOU must go along as well.

Thank you RV429. I will do just that and bring the photos, Moneygram receipts, our four year old son with his US documents, and whatever else I can think of.

May 5, 2007
I think the whole immigration/visa at Us and Canadian embassy's are crap. I had a friend, Retired USN Captain (O-6) who took a fancy to a very nice young lady that worked at a bank in Santiago, she had NOTHING but he had friends in Washington and she got her Visitors visa in 4 weeks

I have known several guys who have easily obtained "Visitor visas" fro young ladies through high military and or political contacts. Then again, if they didn't someone else would,,,, and IE9 is doing it's thing again, not quite as often, my shoulder is killing me, the drugs are working fine so scre* it!...

Now why would anyone give a turd about my comments, not the original question regarding spousal visas. I guess I was trying to say "Suck up to Congressman, Parliament Member etc" seems the fastest way

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Most people take marriage seriously, especially when dealing with immigration issues.

By not showing up you left a clear message that you didn't care. Additionally, you have no idea how he came across in the interview.

Not true in Canadian cases. The majority of cases have been approved without the sponsor being there. Lately most have been approved without an interview if all documents are in order.

could all you well meaning people save your US visa info for US questions.

jad604

Nov 17, 2011
I think the whole immigration/visa at Us and Canadian embassy's are crap. I had a friend, Retired USN Captain (O-6) who took a fancy to a very nice young lady that worked at a bank in Santiago, she had NOTHING but he had friends in Washington and she got her Visitors visa in 4 weeks

I have known several guys who have easily obtained "Visitor visas" fro young ladies through high military and or political contacts. Then again, if they didn't someone else would,,,, and IE9 is doing it's thing again, not quite as often, my shoulder is killing me, the drugs are working fine so scre* it!...

Now why would anyone give a turd about my comments, not the original question regarding spousal visas. I guess I was trying to say "Suck up to Congressman, Parliament Member etc" seems the fastest way

You're not the first one to say that. My Fraternity brothers, one who is a government attorney and another who works for FEMA (now part of US Homeland Security) told me to make an appointment with my congressman and plead my case to him. After all I am one of his constituents and my son would be too once he came over.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004

Alida's application (non-spousal;the single chiled of a US citizen), in the hopper for 5 years, seemed just stalled. I thought I'd call in some political chips with both a US Senator and my local Congressman. There was nothing they could do except get a status report.

Love & Laugh

Sep 25, 2010
Nope, we are just impatient with people with poor reading comprehension. Not to worry though, we get over things quickly.

Today marks the day I've had a nice, good, hard laugh since my letter arrived in the mail. I totally agree bob and must thank you for that [hysterically laughing]

jad604

Nov 17, 2011
Nope, we are just impatient with people with poor reading comprehension. Not to worry though, we get over things quickly.

Let me assure you I comprehend very well. Your impatience lies in the fact that I am not listening to you.
Ya heard! Tu comprende! You get where I'm coming from? Do you understand the difference?

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Let me assure you I comprehend very well. Your impatience lies in the fact that I am not listening to you.
Ya heard! Tu comprende! You get where I'm coming from? Do you understand the difference?

I guess you are trying to put fact to the myth of the ugly American. Capice.

Love & Laugh

Sep 25, 2010

The links provided were extremely useful as well as the responses relevant to my post. I really thought I could handle the negative posts as long as there was a balance, but it appears to be more bad than good now, and going in a direction where it's no longer conducive; and I take this matter very seriously.
I am not impressed at all with the behavior of some of the folks and I really think that I have enough information to move forth with my decision to do whatever is the best decision for me. With that, I am confident that we can put this matter to a bed and close this thread

How would I go about doing that?

Thanks, LL

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Good Luck, LL. We went through the process back in 1998-99 with out any issues. Probably lucky but we had plenty of letters, photos together, including letters from my mother to Yris...etc. No Western Union or any of that sort. We are almost the same age were both established with long term incomes, homes...etc so I'm sure that made a difference.

La Rubia

Bronze
Jan 1, 2010
I am not impressed at all with the behavior of some of the folks and I really think that I have enough information to move forth with my decision to do whatever is the best decision for me. With that, I am confident that we can put this matter to a bed and close this thread

How would I go about doing that?

Thanks, LL

You ask the moderator to close it for you, which I think you've just done.

You may want to pm those that were helpful to you as more specific questions come up in regards to your case, they most likely would continue to be helpful in private.

Had I turned to DR1 for advice on my visa stuff, I'd have probably given up.

Good luck to you!

Status
Not open for further replies.