City Market In Sosua ...Strong Buy !

arrugala

Bronze
Nov 7, 2010
Originally Posted by canuckgirl
- they are the only supermarket on the North Coast with North American service - they listen to the customer and if they don't have a product, they will get it for you.
HOORAY THERE ATLEAST TWO GREAT LOCATIONS,! CELEBRATE!,!, DISAGREE! I think NOT!

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Please post when City Market opens under its new owner.

Originally Posted by canuckgirl - they are the only supermarket on the North Coast with North American service - they listen to the customer and if they don't have a product, they will get it for you. HOORAY THERE ATLEAST TWO GREAT LOCATIONS,! CELEBRATE!,!, DISAGREE! I think NOT!
Keep in mind that when City Market reopens it will be under new the new ownership of someone named Max according to previous posts in this thread. Any reviews done previously will not necessarily apply.

southwardbound2

Jun 5, 2008
brad said:
Yes, Max is a Russian guy. Hope he knows what he is doing.
And he's Russian. So the Brit and German stuff is a maybe. The American stuff perhaps even more iffy.
Alexandra was nothing if not meticulous about cleanliness too. Part of why I shopped there.
I have no reason to expect anything to be similar to City Market except the location.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
And he's Russian. So the Brit and German stuff is a maybe. The American stuff perhaps even more iffy. Alexandra was nothing if not meticulous about cleanliness too. Part of why I shopped there. I have no reason to expect anything to be similar to City Market except the location.
I agree.

Drro

Bronze
Mar 22, 2006
Isn't it supposed to be open now? Instead of guessing, assuming and supposing, why doesn't someone who has been there post and let us know what's going on???

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
where have you been living lately Ken...under a rock?? :)

No, not under a rock. In the Dominican Republic since 1985, during which time I have learned that imminent has many meanings, including never.

Yes, I have heard the rumors about Sirena putting up a store in Sosua, but I have heard rumors of all sorts of
great things during my years here. Most of which are still nothing more than rumors.

When they start breaking ground, I will believe it is possible. But only until they open the doors will I be sure.

Your confidence that 'imminent' means what you think it does makes me think your are relatively new in the country.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
No, not under a rock. In the Dominican Republic since 1985, during which time I have learned that imminent has many meanings, including never. Yes, I have heard the rumors about Sirena putting up a store in Sosua, but I have heard rumors of all sorts of great things during my years here. Most of which are still nothing more than rumors. When they start breaking ground, I will believe it is possible. But only until they open the doors will I be sure. Your confidence that 'imminent' means what you think it does makes me think your are relatively new in the country.
A perfect response. Could not have said it better.

young seniors

Bronze
Feb 1, 2012
Do Russians also make kielbasa? (That was a Polish staple from my childhood along with pirogies and the occasional kishka. )

They absolutely do, Windeguy. My background is ukranian, and still eat perogi, kielbasa, holapchi, borsch, kapoosta, and other delicious stuff. Yummy. Hope this Russian guy stocks some of this stuff.