Clip? Wrong TW

Tony C

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.sfmreport.com
TW.
FYI My Daily driver is a Jeep Grand Cherokee.(I need something to tow my racecar or my Trailer.)
My weekend car is a 84 Alfa Romeo GTV6 Maratona.(of course it is not stock.)
I sold my IT racer a few months ago and am now waiting for My Cheetah C sports Racer to be delivered.

As for photos... I see no benifit from posting any because I know you would just find some kind of petty comment to say. How about this. You fly your sorry butt up to Miami and I will comp you a couple of tickets to the Miami Grand Prix. There I will introduce you to some 'Honkie tonk rudes" Like Al Unser, Eddie Cheever and Sam Hornish.

Missing_DR
Never fear Ferrari solved it problem with the new transmission. The New car is to be Displayed in a couple of days.

El Jefe.
There are only 2 types of people in this world. Cubans and everybody else who wishes they were Cuban!!!!

Theresa

Vettehead from Buckhead
Jan 16, 2002
TW's babe-mobile?

Is this the chick magnet car? I'd love to see it, I'm sure lots of others would too.

Golo100

Bronze
Jan 5, 2002
TW's Baja Panty on the Web

The official TW Baja Panty can be seen on www.theformulasource.com and click on "4th. generation" box and look for "owners" and click on my name Carlos Paulino or look for owner #203. The car should be white with an optional
36-28-38" standing inside with her top sticking out thru the T-top. Picture taken near Tia Tanias.

TW

El Jefe

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Hey, TW...Not bad, good curves, sleek...good color...cars not bad either...you know, it DOES kind of look like sarahirene...wondered why we hadn't heard from her for a while.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Just for the record...

Did some time at Brian Harts (UK) building DFZ and DFR engines for Tyrrell.
Lots of fun watching those baby's blow on the dyno :)

Formula 1, no other class comes close!

Tony C

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.sfmreport.com
Didn't I see that car in Hialeah one afternoon cruising for chicks outside the Jr. High?
Dude you might think that a firebird is a hot car but in the states it is for Julio's and Billy-Joe-Jim-Bobs. Strickly low rent.
Push-rod V-8, Solid rear axle. Come on it is 2002. Get with the program.
BTW the picture was awfully fuzzy. Couldn't really see the girls face. Is that for a reason?

doug

Jan 1, 2002
Tony c

Aw come on Tony....you sound jelious.....that car is a hot car in any state......sure there are better, but the car in question is a fine machine!!!! ANYWHERE!

Golo100

Bronze
Jan 5, 2002
Tony, Can you afford a Firebird in DR?

Tony C talks about "come on is 2002!" , but have you seen or heard what he is driving? He is boasting of a 1980s Alfa GTV which at best, when it was new, could barely do 0-60mph in 11 seconds. Hey dude! I used to have an Alfetta from the same manufacture and they use to rot from just looking at them. I am surprised yours is still in the same sheet of metal. In fact, they were discontinued in the United States because they could not handle salt from snowspreaders. My Alfetta, which was given to me had problems with the heater, the rear seat collapsed and it was super slow.

You dont like V-8 push rods, but no 4 or 6 cylinder state of the art car sounds like my machine. I dont need stupid turbos to get power in my rear tires. I have no turbo lag. All I have is brute power from an unrestricted Corvette LT1 5700 cc engine that can move my 3600lbs of steel in 4.8 seconds from 0-60. And for your discomfort all I have added are just 275/35ZR-18 tires in the back and 235/40s in the front, Borla headers and an SLP suspension. My last dyno test showed 350hp. This machine only has 23,000 miles on it of super tuned engine. My spark plugs cost as much as Gucci shoes.

This Sunday at Lincoln Avenue I had the pleasure of blowing away a 2002 Evo VII, and a Boxter S. The rest of the bad boys wanted no part of me. I challenged an Acura NSX and two M3s and they decided to stall at the lights knowing what I have done to some of the high tech boys. Whats even scarier is that a friend of mine says he can get 500hp from my engine with a few thousand dollars more. So far, only a Vette Z06 has handled me, but I dont mind getting beat by the greatest beast in the street and a GM brother.(By the way the stock Z06 does 0-60 in 3.9)

As for the girl, I will send you a picture in bikinis and see if your Alfa can handle this 5ft10 beauty. And, by the way, this is not Irene. Irene is only 5ft2".

By the way Tony, this is not Hialeah. This is DR. There are only six Formulas and TransAms in Santo Domingo and only two are 6 speed. I got one of them. Alfas are a dime a dozen and slow. I can give any Alfa one block lead at a light and leave it behind at the quarter mile by 20 lenghts. When was the last time an Alfa did 12.9 seconds? Show your pictures and stop the cheap talk.

Someone also should inform Tony C. that here in DR the Firebird Formula with my equipment sells for US$50,000, it uses premium gas at 17 miles to the gallon premium at $2.25 a gallon, uses 6 qts. of synthetic oil every oil change at US$50 and just the tires cost US$900. And everytime I race a car for a quarter miles it eats up enough gas for his Alfa to drive for a week.Can he afford that?

TW

Tony C

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.sfmreport.com
Re: Tony, Can you afford a Firebird in DR?

Tony C talks about "come on is 2002!" , but have you seen or heard what he is driving? He is boasting of a 1980s Alfa GTV which at best, when it was new, could barely do 0-60mph in 11 seconds.

According to Road&Track the the stock GTV-6 did it in 8.6

they were discontinued in the United States because they could not handle salt from snowspreaders.

Not true they were discontinued to to slow sales from bad marketing and they are comming back tyo the US in 2004.

........and it was super slow.

So was most other Pontiacs so I guess your Firebird is also.

You dont like V-8 push rods, but no 4 or 6 cylinder state of the art car sounds like my machine.

Nor can any pushrod V-8 match the sound of a screaming DOHC 4 Valve per cylinder ITALIAN V-6!

I dont need stupid turbos to get power in my rear tires. I have no turbo lag.

Who said anything about Turbos?

All I have is brute power from an unrestricted Corvette LT1 5700 cc engine

Same block different heads.

My last dyno test showed 350hp. This machine only has 23,000 miles on it of super tuned engine.

Wow 350? My Alfa is rated at 265 BHP and considering it weighs almost 1200 lbs less it will run rings around you on a road course/

My spark plugs cost as much as Gucci shoes.

Now that is just silly. Oh,I forgot! You buy your Gucci Shoes down on Duarte street!

This Sunday at Lincoln Avenue I had the pleasure of blowing away a 2002 Evo VII, and a Boxter S. The rest of the bad boys wanted no part of me.

Drag Racing? The lowest form of Motorsport! Talk to me about a road course. My Alfa will dust ya.

but I dont mind getting beat by the greatest beast in the street and a GM brother.
Greatest Beast??? LOL 2nd to the Viper! and lets not talk about Ferrari!

(By the way the stock Z06 does 0-60 in 3.9)

Really where did you get your info on that one? Road&Track has it listed at 4.6 and Car and Driver has it at 4.5!

There are only six Formulas and TransAms in Santo Domingo and only two are 6 speed.

So? What does the mean?

Someone also should inform Tony C. that here in DR the Firebird Formula with my equipment sells for US$50,000, it uses premium gas at 17 miles to the gallon premium at $2.25 a gallon, uses 6 qts. ...Yada, yada, yada.......

.Can he afford that?

Not that it is any of your business but yes I could afford that. The question is would I want to? I don't think so.

OK dude! Your turn!

Tony C

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.sfmreport.com
Re: Just for the record...

Robert said:
Did some time at Brian Harts (UK) building DFZ and DFR engines for Tyrrell.
Lots of fun watching those baby's blow on the dyno :)

Formula 1, no other class comes close!

I miss the Tyrell team. It was my favorite team since 1976 when the P-34 came out!
Rest in peace Ken Tyrrell

Golo100

Bronze
Jan 5, 2002
Tony C' illusions

Tony:

You were the one who began talking about keeping up with 2002, yet you bring up this GTV6 ancient machine to compare it with a late 1990's machine. Like Ali said "No contest".

I was not talking about Firebirds from 1984, although I can tell you that I can produce test drives from Car and Driver and Motortrend showing how much faster were Firebirds and Camaros than any Alfas. Do you want me too? I have the copies in file.

Firebirds, even stock Formulas, without any alterations were rated by Car and Driver and Motortrend doing 5.3 seconds from 0-60 and 155 mph. No computer-speed controlled BMW could match that. I remember this M-3 tried to chase me and ran out of speed because his computer said so. What good is technology if it is controlled for the sake of luxury. True, a Beemer or Mercedes can handle better in curved roads, but remember, in the United States and here in DR we are not driving in the Alps. This is straight line territory and we are stop light fun drivers. I don't make a living doing this. I just enjoy myself. I always get challenged at red lights and straight-a-ways on my way to Juan Dolio or Santiago.

Alfas needed no marketing. Their rotting bodies said it all.

The only way your Alfa can muster 265 hp is by turning it into a funny car with so many changes and additions that it is no longer an Alfa. Tell me about your everyday day car and send the pictures. Cheap talk will get you nowhere. You are insulting everyone's intelligence here.

Funny how the Vette keeps making every generation the Top 10 Best cars in the World by Car And Driver Magazine and Motortrend and the Viper keeps missing it. Have you read January's issue of 2002 Car Top Speed for Car and Driver. I thought I read the Z06 had the top speed for any 2002 car. Or Am I reading from a bad copy? Should I send it to you?

For a dude who talks so much about cars in a Dominican forum, your USA achievements mean nothing here. To prove yourself that you can afford driving machines like mine you have to come here. Miami prices don't count here. And if you care so much about DR stuff, what are you doing racing somewhere else? Anybody who drives an '84 Alfa cannot afford US$50,000(for starters) to drive a muscle car in DR. Just maintenance and insurance alone will eat you alive, not to mention car payments. Of course, mine was fully paid up from day one.

My car has even been updated to 2002. For instance the rear lights are all 2002. All engine, transmission and suspension have been updated with SLP Engineering parts approved by Pontiac for the Firehawk. My car had every option in the book and its overall cost at customs arrival was US$56,000. With additional equipment from SLP it went over $60,000.

My opinion? You cannot afford that!

TW

Golo100

Bronze
Jan 5, 2002
Tony C I forgot

I forgot to tell you that I do not make things up. My car has been checked by DR1 members and some have ridden it and anybody who wants a test drive and a good scare, I am here.

TW

Tony C

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.sfmreport.com
Re: Tony C' illusions

golo said:
Tony:

Like Ali said "No contest".

Ali was a draft-dodger, a coward and a racist. And he lost his 2 most important fights. Frazier and Norton.

....I can produce test drives from Car and Driver and Motortrend showing how much faster were Firebirds and Camaros than any Alfas. Do you want me too? I have the copies in file.

Motortrend? Do you read Oprah's Magazine as well. Dude talk to me about handling and Braking along with speed. Who cares if you can go fast if you can't stop or turn?

No computer-speed controlled BMW could match that. I remember this M-3 tried to chase me and ran out of speed because his computer said so.

BMW? The Oldsmobile of Europe.

True, a Beemer or Mercedes can handle better in curved roads,

And a Acura, a jag(ford), Aston-Martin, Lexus, Infinity, Ferrari, Maserati, Viper, Neon R/T, Celica, Accord.....Oh and Alfa!

but remember, in the United States and here in DR we are not driving in the Alps. This is straight line territory and we are stop light fun drivers. I don't make a living doing this. I just enjoy myself.

Back in my Street racing days in the DR we use to have the "Jardin Botanico 500" 3 laps around the Place. Sweeping corners, Tight hairpins and a long straight down Ave.Los Proceres. and no Stop lights. At least back then.

I always get challenged at red lights and straight-a-ways on my way to Juan Dolio or Santiago.

Drag racing needs no skill. Just plant your foot and go.

The only way your Alfa can muster 265 hp is by turning it into a funny car with so many changes and additions that it is no longer an Alfa.

3.0 Alfa V-6. 4 valve heads from the Performance dept. 164s cams. Bored out air meter. MSD ignition. Injectors, Headers, Dual exhaust. It runs docile on the street. Of course the suspension is tuned. Springs, Shocks, bushings..ect.

Tell me about your everyday day car and send the pictures.

As soon as I figure out how to post it I will. I must admit I am not the most computer literate person in the world.

Funny how the Vette keeps making every generation the Top 10 Best cars in the World by Car And Driver Magazine and Motortrend and the Viper keeps missing it.

Don't see the Firebird making the list either.

....if you care so much about DR stuff, what are you doing racing somewhere else?

Right Now my life is in South Fla. I love it here. Best of both Worlds. I use to live in the DR and visit 4 or 5 times a year. My In-laws and one of my Girlfriends still live there. I like it there but my business is here.

Anybody who drives an '84 Alfa cannot afford US$50,000(for starters) to drive a muscle car in DR.

Again with the Money?

Just maintenance and insurance alone will eat you alive,

LOL I doubt that. If you must know. I live in a $500K house in the Village of Pinecrest.(Where people in Coral Gables go when they make real money) I own 6 other houses in Pinecrest and a 34 unit Apt building in the Gables plus various other rental properties across South Florida. Not to mention other investments.
I am also a partner of a production company that is in the final stages of producing 2 local TV shows. Hey! I am going to be a TV Star.

My car had every option in the book and its overall cost at customs arrival was US$56,000. With additional equipment from SLP it went over $60,000.

$60K for a firebird??? That is not too bright. My C sports Racer is costing me $38K add in all of the spares, equipment and the hauler I am in to it for close to $50K. I spend almost $1200 on Tires alone during one race weekend.

My opinion? You cannot afford that!

The question is not if i can afford it. It is if I would want to. The answer is NO. I have no desire to own a muscle car. I prefer a Sportscar or a GT anyday.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
"I live in a $500K house in the Village of Pinecrest.(Where people in Coral Gables go when they make real money) I own 6 other houses in Pinecrest and a 34 unit Apt building in the Gables plus various other rental properties across South Florida. Not to mention other investments" Tony C

Are there any normal (Poor) people on this board, other than myself?
man, on the next DR1 meeting, I am either going to park my car 10 blocks away or I am coming in a cab.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
AZB

I,ll come pick you up!I,ll even let you drive the "Jepetta",that way people will think I have a "driver!"I thought that Robert was going to "persuade" Dolores to have an "Official" DR1 gathering at her house,are you listening Robert? We could all bring a "Dish" (FOOD!) from our country of birth.AZB could bring his Pakistani "special",Goat head stuffed with rice hulls! Come on AZB,I,m trying to get you back to your "Old-Self",not heard much from you recently! Criss Colon

Golo100

Bronze
Jan 5, 2002
Hey AZB

AZB:

You have nothing to worry about Tony C. He is all talk and no show. If he has all that he talks about, let him show it.

What Tony C.? You don't even have a web page of your own where you can show your stuff? If you brag you have to produce.

What is your address and phone number in Miami? Can you dare give it away? Not really. We will soon know where that $500K house is. I bet you also have a big house here. What are the first three digits of your phone in DR? What about in Miami? Can we call you there. Where is it? Let me know if you want mine.
What kind of a car do you have stored there?

C'mon Tony. Put up or shut up. Nobody on this board knows you or has even faced you face to face to believe all that garbage. Anybody who can attest to Mr. Tony's wealth?

You cannot even bring your car to DR anymore. A new law prohibits importing cars more than 10 years old, specially a beat up Alpha. Who the hell races Alphas in the United States? Oh I forgot, maybe you raced it at the IROC with all the TransAms and Formulas and beat them all? May I suggest your car for "concho"?

TW

El Jefe

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
AZB, I'll join you...I'm just a poor civil servant, I drive a 93 Taurus and a 90 Lincoln Continental. I'm happy with that.

tony C : Muhammad Ali was a coward the same way you are modest. Ali refused the draft, didn't dodge it. The kids who went to Canada dodged, Ali had the courage to stand up for his beliefs and fought for them through the courts and won. He could have left the US and continued boxing and made millions but chose to stand on principal. I also disagree with your calling him a racist. I have not heard him say anything the least bit of which I would consider racist. I have heard him speak critically of the actions of some of the white race, but he was telling the truth. Yes, I am considered white.