Clip? Wrong TW

Pavan

Jan 18, 2002
My turn now

Well guys I am gonna put my two bits into it. I am a normal guy who loves cars just like the next guy.

I didn't think this thread would lead to look what I have...and look what I got....

I have only two cars one of them is a 1998 Ferrari 560 Modena and the other is a 1999 De Tomaso Pantera.

They were both made in Italy I have pictures with me in them and I am willing to post when anyone wants. I am even willing to put a Newspaper in front of them so that you can check the date.

Here is the PROOF that I have these cars. If you look at the undersides the serial number and country of origin are there and also the name of the manufacturer.........Matchbox ...( he he he)

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
missing-dr

You got me! I was rapidly reading you post so I could tell you that I care less about the material wealth that any of you arrogant,self-important,materialistic,shallow,"Macho-boys",have accumulated,When,you "sprang" your trap! Nice going.I like being "Fooled",and you made your point at the same time!Criss Colon

Theresa

Vettehead from Buckhead
Jan 16, 2002
I can smell the testosterone from here

The stench of muscle car talk is strengthening. Seriously though, I am getting ready to but a 'Vette myself and was wondering if TW had any suggestions. I am thinking about the 2001. There is this new red color they have out now, metallic red. Can you suggest one year over the other, i.e. 2001 or 2000, what year to avoid, don't want anything older than '99.

Golo100

Bronze
Jan 5, 2002
Theresa's choice

Theresa:

This is the kind of subject CES dreams about...down and dirty, gossipy, going at war with words, insulting! He even wants to call it "Caution, Children at Play"

Well, 690 readers are enjoying it. So what?

But darling, you have great taste. If you are individualistic, proud of America, agressive, one-of-a-kind, lover of shrills, competitive, arrogant, independent, with little concern for what society dictates...you chose the right car. The Vette has made every 10 best car list in everyone of its generations.

I suggest you choose a white 2002 Z06 Vette if you can come up with the extra cash. Nobody will dare challenge you in the streets. Take my advice, no car, including the Ferraris and the venerable Viper can touch this monster for speed, cornering, braking, lateral speed and comfort in addition to everyday driveability. This is a car that can act as an everyday work car unlike a Viper or Ferrari, but that can eat up alive anything in its way with one step of the accelerator. With a stock 405 HP this monster can easily get to over 550HP with a few dollars more and you might be ready for INDY.

This is my next machine. I am only waiting for its second year, which is always best.

TW

Janice

Jan 12, 2002
Sad

This has got to be the saddest case of penis envy I have ever read

grow up boys

Golo100

Bronze
Jan 5, 2002
Theresa, a few more things

Tony C. missed this information, which I want to pass on to you:

Car and Driver Magazine in January posted its issue of the 10 Best Cars in the World for 2001 calendar year. The Corvette was the best sports car in the world based on their road tests and studies. Here are just the power categories, which are what the Vette is all about:
NUMBER 1 in:
Best top acceleration 0-60mph 4.0 seconds
Best acceleration Quarter Mile 12.4 seconds at 116mph
Best Braking 70 to 0 mph 152 ft.

This is what you call the king of the hill, even using Tony C.'s criteria that you also have to be able to stop the speed when you need to.

Tony C. brought the Ferraris into this, and sure enough the Ferrari Maranello is a powerful contender at almost 4 times the price of the Vette, yet it was only able to beat the Vette in street-star acceleration 5-60mph and in an infamous category...the worlds' top gas guzzler at 8 mpg!!! How far can you go in this thing in a lonely road without gas stations?

Tony C. in his effort to put down American power missed reading that in the roadholding category another one of his "cheapies" from Hialeah The Mustang Cobra R ran away with an incredible 0.99. The Vette was not far behind.

Another American, the Viper ran away with top speed at 186mph. I am still looking for the Italian cars, specially the Alfas in any of these categories even among the top 100.

To get this much power for under $60,000 is unheard of. Both the Camaro SS and the Firebird Firehawk at less than $35,000 can hit 0-60 in 4.8 seconds. The Cobra R does 4.8 for just a few thousand more. Whereas the Acura NXS, Porsche at $90,000
can barely keep up. Where is the beef?

Its an American V8* push rod victory, more like an abuse of power. Long live displacement!!

TW

Theresa

Vettehead from Buckhead
Jan 16, 2002
I like the Z06, TW but

Metallic Red is not available for that one, only the coupe and convertible. Black I think would be too man-ly and yellow makes too much of a statement for me. Silver is OK though, I usually lean towards that color guess I would change my color preference for the engine difference. I have read quite a few things about the corvette but I don't think I'll ever know it all. I still remember my brother taking his prom date in a brown cobra that our neighbor was nice enough to let him borrow of all nights he could have done so. I thought it was the coolest thing, but now I think why the ugly brown. But, I'm a lady afterall and intstead of the testosterone-mobile it will be the lady-'vette.

Theresa

Vettehead from Buckhead
Jan 16, 2002
duhh

typo, not a cobra, it was a brown corvette.. I was reading your specifications to closely TW

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Theresa,
How far would you race your sports car before you get picked up by a radar gun of a GA cop. As far as I remember, these pigs are at every important curve of the GA 400, 285, i 78 / 85 etc.
Hey, the next time I when I will come to atlanta, will you take me for a ride in your new sports vette? I will buy the hot wings and beer at Dave & busters. Deal?

Theresa

Vettehead from Buckhead
Jan 16, 2002
Oh...now you like me

hummm ... for you, I will still have the 4runner hahah. I have been very lucky here I know when to speed and when not to. Basically its a matter of odds, number of speeders/police. Sure I'll take you out AZB but next time you have to call me, no lip service, that's OK I forgive you, just give me a free "session" and we'll call it even steven.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
sorry Theresa,
I really wanted to meet you but I was just too busy with the family. I was there after 3 years but with a broken hand (remember?). Then you were busy too, i remember that :).
next time I will have more time.
Hey, when are you coming here?

Theresa

Vettehead from Buckhead
Jan 16, 2002
I'll be there around the week of 4th of July holiday, but in Santo Domingo. I could have helped you out with the broken hand, you just didn't give me a fair chance. I am getting stiff in the neck right now just thinking of the rejection, I need that freebee. You may still have my e-mail address, I have your's so lets take the love affair off-line.

doug

Jan 1, 2002
AZB

Did I read your post correctly.....referring to the Police as "pigs" if so, grow up AZB, are you under or over 16 yrs old? If I was mistaken......mt apoligies.....

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
oh, did i call them pigs? must be a slip of the tongue. you are right, they deserve the respect. I was just imitating americans. Isn't that what they call them? well, before the 9/11 attack, they were all referred as pigs by my american buddies, but things sure have changed afterwards.
Doug, don't hang on to each and every word that I say; i like the police and I respect them. I guess i do owe them an appology.
Funny, you had never demanded an appology on my remarks to your jewish superiors. I guess i do like you a bit.

doug

Jan 1, 2002
AZB

Chill...no apology was ever "DEMANDED"...just feel the same as yourself, these guys(at least here in Canada and the States)do deserve respect! Take Care AZB

Tony C

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.sfmreport.com
Re: Hey AZB

golo said:
AZB:

What Tony C.? You don't even have a web page of your own where you can show your stuff? If you brag you have to produce.

Never felt the need to have one. I am not bragging just correcting your statements.

What is your address and phone number in Miami? C

Yea right! Post my Address and Phone number on this board. Now that would be smart.

I bet you also have a big house here. What are the first three digits of your phone in DR?

Nope. Don't have a house in the DR. I just stay with my in-laws at their house by the Jardin Botanico.

Let me know if you want mine.

Why? Are you in need of a date so bad? Sorry I don't swing that way

You cannot even bring your car to DR anymore. A new law prohibits importing cars more than 10 years old, specially a beat up Alpha.

That is a smart law. So a person can't import a classic car to the DR?

Who the hell races Alphas in the United States? Not many. Who races Firebirds? And Drag racing don't count.

Oh I forgot, maybe you raced it at the IROC with all the TransAms and Formulas and beat them all?

IROC is a made for TV series that uses SPEC cars prepared Identical. Pontiac pays them to use the the Firebird body design on them. Underneath they use Tubeframe chasis similar to a ARCA series car. Before it was Dodge Avengers Before that it was Dodge Daytona's and before that it was IROC Z's. Can you tell me what was the Original Car used?

May I suggest your car for "concho"?

Why? So I can give rides to guys like you?

Come on TW. A firebird might be a Baja Panti in the DR but in the States it is for Julio's and Trailer trash. And why are you so hung up on how much money you make? If it will make you feel better you have more money than me. There...Happy Now?

Jeez!

TW

Tony C

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.sfmreport.com
TW

You love to post numbers. Something are more important. Like quality, sound, appearance, personality.
America makes fine automobiles. Nobody makes a 4X4 or Sport Utility like JEEP. Corvettes are excellent machines. Both the Corvette and the Viper are world class supercars. My first Car was my sister's 73 Plymouth Satelite Sebring which i spent the summer converting to Roadrunner specs. 440 V-8, Carter thermoquad, headers ect. I wish I still had it.
BTW the Mustand Cobra R is a limited edition Car especially prepared for racing in the euphamistically named "street car series" like the Grand-Am Cup! It rides so stiff that you would loose your fillings going over railroad tracks. And who was talking about Mustangs anyway?
Well I am off to Daytona for the Rolex 24 hours of Daytona and the HSR historic race.

Pib

Goddess
Jan 1, 2002
www.dominicancooking.com
Ahem...

I just walk into this thread for the second time. The first one it was about firearms, something I am DEFINITELY ignorant of (and also opposed to), so I left and stayed uninterested. Then I didn't come back until I notice that this is The Thread that Refused to Die :) and come back to see why there was a 4-page thread about firearms. When i go straight to the last post I see that you've gone all the way to why policemen deserve respect. This is a great example of digressing. You guys have swerved all over.

Can I now post about the inmortality of the soul of shrimps? :D

Don't mind me... continue, I will come back in a few days to see what you're up to