Cracking Down On Prostitution In Sosua

Status
Not open for further replies.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
there arent enough trucks in the DR to haul all the rid light jumpers

ha ha, true enough :) but think: if you fined a 100 pesos only per each infraction, and really put the foot down on this, dominican police would make millions...

donluis99

Bronze
Jul 12, 2004
Leave the girls alone, as long as they are renting whats theirs to rent, let them in peace what theirs is theirs and its none of anybody else business except the tenant that take up residence for short time or long time or the purveyor of certain services.

All you want perfect world for the kids do something worthwhile and fight for the hungry children of the world!!!!

damn....girls good luck and those that ain't girl's, well you do what you and like what you like too, that's your business too.

so lady whores and man whores unite, you need a Union, whores have the right to work and I support the right to work!

I usually do not agree in unionized labor, but under the circumstances, I think it would be a great idea.

g'luck

rogerjac

Bronze
Feb 9, 2012
Its the worlds oldest profession as we all know. We aren't going to change it as long as one person has what another wants. Live and let live, as long as they don't bother me I have no objection. That's entertainment

Obi west

Jan 8, 2012
Leave the girls alone, as long as they are renting whats theirs to rent, let them in peace what theirs is theirs and its none of anybody else business except the tenant that take up residence for short time or long time or the purveyor of certain services.

All you want perfect world for the kids do something worthwhile and fight for the hungry children of the world!!!!

damn....girls good luck and those that ain't girl's, well you do what you and like what you like too, that's your business too.

so lady whores and man whores unite, you need a Union, whores have the right to work and I support the right to work!

I usually do not agree in unionized labor, but under the circumstances, I think it would be a great idea.

g'luck

I absolutely agree. Frankly I am tired of the incessant, my morality is better than your morality approach to life. Prostitution exists because people need sex and women will provide it one way or another... and almost invariably sex comes with a price....whether it is married sex, dating sex, or casual sex or sex for money.. all sex, and I mean all, ultimately is a trade of some kind... read Freakonomics. read Sex at Dawn...and quit making crimes of a victimless act....and in case some idiot starts to talk about under age or pediofilia or rape or violence or disease.... all those are different things...and as collateral to paid sex as to sex between unpaying participants... sex for money, well good for the chica that can earn money that way too... live life ... get more if you can, paid or not... and quit looking at other's conduct... as Trudeau said .. government has no business in the bedrooms of its citizens...married, unmarried, or paid for sex... unless it is violent, under-aged or dangerous...

you want to stop violence and bad things in Sosua... or DR or USA or Canada or the world... deal with guns...support education, provide jobs...

You want to improve Sosua, stop stuff like allowing garbage to be tossed in the street or police corruption..

Sex is simply sex...John Lennon had it right "make love not war".. and paid for love is as good as any, and often way better...than bored, desperate, afraid to divorce sex, staying in marriage because a person cannot afford to leave... such sex is the worst prostitution of it all...

yup.. If don't like paid for sex then don't pay for it.. don't bother with others that do ..."free love' what a strange thing to say...

The moral philosophy that it is ok to pay for dinner with her but not if she wants to take the money home and pay for her kids' dinner.. how strange! I can have sex for fun if its free but not if I want to be paid for ?

Stop this mindless, unthinking, narrow viewed holier than thou crap....sex is just sex...and lots of it is better than less of it... the world is a much safer place if sex is more liberal....

that is my view... just saying!!!!!

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros
without prostitutes, the economy of Sosua will collapse.

Hear! Hear!

And... This is the "economics expert" that can tell you all about the DR's Doom and Gloom!

LOL!!!!

If you ever KNEW anything about Sosua, let alone the DE, it's that it was never a prostitution driven/held economy EVER!

Keep to lurking and feeding on rice Gorgojo...

The town should have been remodeled to be safer for families and retired tourists. tourists comes to see one of the tropical towns they have been told exist in the ads for caribbean, and when they come here and finds nothing they have paid for. Then i understand why they often dont want to come back.
Not all gringos comes for the hookers, but if the only thing a tourist find here is hookers- Well then we can imagine what type of tourists this place attracks most of.
The beach in Sosua is great for kids, and it could have been made a childrens paradise if it were made so. I hope and belive alot will change in Sosua- not just for the visitors to the island, but for the ones who live here every day.

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
Sosua has made it's name with prostitutes and drugs and if they clean it up it might become a ghost town. Most of the tourist go there with these things.

lightbulb.jpg

The Dollywood studios in Juan Dolio could use Boca Chica and Sosua as movie sets.

A friend of mine lived in Chelsea Massachusetts. A friend visiting him told him "This place looks like a Spenser For Hire set."

My friend told him "It IS a Spenser For Hire set."

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
this so called "cracking down" is no different in sosua than other places in the world i've been to. what irks the government is that these women make more money in a week than most working people make in 2-4 months. and the policia, how much they make a month ?
it's one of those "in your face" things.

Obi west

Jan 8, 2012
the thoughts of "prostitution" goes like this:

If you start with a cage containing five monkeys and inside the

cage, hang a banana on a string from the top and then you place a set of stairs under the banana, before long a monkey will go to the stairs and climb toward the banana.

As soon as he touches the stairs, you spray all the other monkeys
with cold water.

After a while another monkey makes an attempt with same result
... all the other monkeys are sprayed with cold water. Pretty soon when another monkey tries to climb the stairs, the other monkeys will try to prevent it.

Now, put the cold water away.

Remove one monkey from the cage and replace it with a new one.

The new monkey sees the banana and attempts to climb the
stairs. To his shock, all of the other monkeys beat the crap out of him.
After another attempt and attack, he knows that if he tries to climb the
stairs he will be assaulted.

Next, remove another of the original five monkeys, replacing it
with a new one.

The newcomer goes to the stairs and is attacked. The previous
newcomer takes part in the punishment...... with enthusiasm, because he is now part of the "team".

Then, replace a third original monkey with a new one, followed by
the fourth, then the fifth. Every time the newest monkey takes to the
stairs, he is attacked.

Now, the monkeys that are beating him up have no idea why they
were not permitted to climb the stairs. Neither do they know why they
are participating in the beating of the newest monkey.
Finally, having replaced all of the original monkeys, none of the
remaining monkeys will have ever been sprayed with cold water.
Nevertheless, not one of the monkeys will try to climb the stairway for
the banana.

Why, you ask? Because in their minds...that is the way it has
always been!

Curacaoleno

Bronze
Apr 26, 2013
Hear! Hear!

And... This is the "economics expert" that can tell you all about the DR's Doom and Gloom!

LOL!!!!

If you ever KNEW anything about Sosua, let alone the DE, it's that it was never a prostitution driven/held economy EVER!
QUOTE]

There are different kind of economies. Sosua now may attract different tourists than if it would be a family holiday destination. I myself am not to fond of places with many hookers.. other people love those places..
If the place would be less without those people I may consider going there but for now I prefer to go to places like Jarabacao etc.

But I am reading that the hookers in brazil are all psyched up for the WC 2014 and are learning English.. I dont read anything negative on that...

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
this so called "cracking down" is no different in sosua than other places in the world i've been to. what irks the government is that these women make more money in a week than most working people make in 2-4 months. and the policia, how much they make a month ?
it's one of those "in your face" things.

how come i have never seen a rich ho then? they have nothing. and whatever money they make... i do not think anyone would want to perform the same services for this kind of reward. it is not about money, then, it is all about appearances. sosua is a mythological ho city now and some think removing the hos will make it instantly better. i won't. because they are not the core of the problem.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
how come i have never seen a rich ho then? they have nothing. and whatever money they make... i do not think anyone would want to perform the same services for this kind of reward. it is not about money, then, it is all about appearances. sosua is a mythological ho city now and some think removing the hos will make it instantly better. i won't. because they are not the core of the problem.

there are no rich hos because hos spend whatever they earn. if you give a ho 500 pesos at 10am, she is broke by midday. the same for 1000 pesos, or 10,000 pesos. if you stop to consider the amount of money that passes through the hands of these girls, compared to ordinary working people, it boggles the mind

my buddy from Miami, a surgeon, spent 10 days with a girl from POP, and was giving her 100 dollars PER DAY, plus all her meals, plus buying her all kinds of goodies, like designer jeans, and all the trappings. the day he left, she hooked up with another guy...5 days. she has been at the trade for as long as i have known her. saw her this morning, and she is still at the same old game, but broke as heck. asked me for 50 pesos for a motoconcho.

they save nothing. blackberry (with no minutes), zapatos, salon, ropa y mas ropa. plus, they give half of it to some useless loser chopo in the barrio. they get it, but it goes through them like fat through a duck.

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
I have said it before that I believe in the part of Pedro Clisante where the hookers hang out, the hookers should have the freedom to ply their trade. In all other parts of town they should be banned. Thus, you have a nice, family-friendly beach area and hotels and restaurants where families and other tourists who don't want to see the working girls can go in peace. This way, the town gets the revenue from the sex-trade, the girls can feed their children and yet tourists who don't want to see them can steer clear and enjoy the peace and quiet. It works in places like Amsterdam - very well.

Those who have said that the rubbish, drug-dealers, corruption and out of control motoconchistas are a bigger problem for Sosua than hookers are - hear, hear!

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
I have said it before that I believe in the part of Pedro Clisante where the hookers hang out, the hookers should have the freedom to ply their trade. In all other parts of town they should be banned. Thus, you have a nice, family-friendly beach area and hotels and restaurants where families and other tourists who don't want to see the working girls can go in peace. This way, the town gets the revenue from the sex-trade, the girls can feed their children and yet tourists who don't want to see them can steer clear and enjoy the peace and quiet. It works in places like Amsterdam - very well.

Those who have said that the rubbish, drug-dealers, corruption and out of control motoconchistas are a bigger problem for Sosua than hookers are - hear, hear!

the thing is that if all these girls get banned from selling trim, then their chulos might have to resort to jacking gringo for money. then, the guys who want them gone will have a new reason to start up with the bawling.

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
Gorgon: You're absolutely right. I know a guy who went down there and hooked up with a girl. Gave her a 100 USD bill - Don't ask me why - next day we're sitting at a bar having a couple of beers and a bar maid comes over and tells us the girl (sitting at another table with other girls) wanted see if my friend could give her some money to buy a beer. I'm like WTF...didn't you just give her 100 USD less than 24 hours ago? She should be buying YOU a beer. Needless to say my Pendejo friend bought her a few...

Now I do know a few "Ho's" who have made quite a bit of money, but usually it's through meeting some guy who ends up taking care of them or even marrying them. One who grew up in a house behind where I grew up went to Puerto Plata and got into the business, met some older guy from Switzerland and now lives like a princess with an expensive house in Europe, Expensive apartment in Santo domingo, Lexus Jeepeta for her and other cars for mother and sisters, etc...but these of course are the exception.

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
met some older guy from Switzerland and now lives like a princess with an expensive house in Europe, Expensive apartment in Santo domingo, Lexus Jeepeta for her and other cars for mother and sisters, etc...but these of course are the exception.

Por que!!!!!!

Why? Why? Why?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/weMfQGVFEKQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Mu?ecote

Aug 1, 2006
once you start screwing with an ecosystem there are always unintended consequences. i would foresee a major increase in crime at least short term and then we wouldnt have to worry about hookers or tourists

Status
Not open for further replies.