Current Taxi Rates from POP Airport

RickC

Sep 29, 2006
Anyone know the "normal" rate for a taxi from the POP airport to downtown Sosua?

Uzin

Bronze
Oct 26, 2005
POP airport --> Sosua = USD$15 or 500 pesos

(I didn't have to even haggle last time, they just offered USD$15 when asked, Sep 2007. I guess it depends if they are busy or not and if you arrive with loads of other non-AI trourists - AI tourists get picked up by their bus so taxi's are usually free just sitting around when I arrive)

Sunny44

Jul 24, 2002
From POP airport to:

Cabarete - US$30
Cabrera - US$110
Costambar - US$40
Sosua - US$20
Puerto Plata - US$30
Luperon - US$80
Playa Dorada - US$25
Rio San Juan - US$45

There are 2 huge signs put where they can be easily seen by people leaving the terminal after passing through Customs. Listed are all the places in the country a traveler arriving in Puerto Plata airport might want to go.

Buenas dias. Am arriving in 48 hours! Are these prices still current?
Muchas gracias
Also, what would be the rate from Cabarete center to Bahia de Arena?

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Buenas dias. Am arriving in 48 hours! Are these prices still current?
Muchas gracias
Also, what would be the rate from Cabarete center to Bahia de Arena?
Certainly the POP to Sosua, Puerto Plata or Cabarete rates are still current, but can't be sure of the others, but I expect so.

Me_again

Bronze
Nov 21, 2004
If you've got a digital camera with you and handy when you arrive, perhaps you could take a picture of the tarifa board and post it.

chiquittabanana

Feb 11, 2004
Rate please

Can I get a taxi rate POP to SDQ?

We are arriving in POP and need to go to SDQ, would it be worth to get a cab instead of renting a car for the day, plus gas, plus return in SDQ fee?

Thanks

CB

alexuk

Mar 22, 2007
Does anybody knows how much would be cost taxi from Puerto Plata Caribe tours bus station to the Playa Dorada hotels complex?

Futzeril

Feb 3, 2008
Taxi from POP to Cabarete has raised to 35$. There is a sign that says so, as you enter the arrival hall.
Was there 2 weeks ago.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
If you learn how to say "Pago solamente viente" 3 X firmly with a smile, it's only $20 or $25 depending on how hungry they are! $35 is obscene...negotiate!

CFODPS

Jan 19, 2004
Transfer POP to Wyndham Playa Dorado

Hello all -

What are my options for transfer from POP to Wyndam Playa Dorado and return? Traveling with wife and two young children. I've used Silva in the past while visiting Boca Chica. First time Puerto Plata area and would even entertain a cab service if it can accomodate a family of four with luggage. Thank you in advance!

drloca

Silver
Oct 26, 2004
Hello all -

What are my options for transfer from POP to Wyndam Playa Dorado and return? Traveling with wife and two young children. I've used Silva in the past while visiting Boca Chica. First time Puerto Plata area and would even entertain a cab service if it can accomodate a family of four with luggage. Thank you in advance!

Rafael Silva provides service throughout the country so you also have the option to book one of his great drivers again if you want the peace of mind that you will have a size-appropriate vehicle waiting.

Good luck!

FireGuy

Rest in peace Amigo!
Aug 21, 2002
www.polaris-fs.com
Taxi is about $200? Take the bus for $6.

I think you're being a bit over-simplistic to just offer that advise.

First I think you are dating yourself a bit as I believe the rate is closer to $10US per person (which I will concede is still very inexpensive) but the major area where more information should be offered is that they will require taxis on both ends at whatever the appropriate charge is the get both to and from the bus stations.

Yes I agree bus is more economical BUT not $6US and it will take longer - if time is a concern.

Gregg

El_Uruguayo

Bronze
Dec 7, 2006
Are the rates posted still current? Or would anyone have a reliable driver that they would like to recommend. It's just a short trip from POP to Caribe Tours Sosua.

Thanks