Deportations Will Begin Today

ohmmmm

Bronze
Jun 11, 2010
here i disagree completely.
why should the long term Illegals been given a first class freeby, or even a Residency?? ridiculous to demand such in my opinion.
they got their chance to register in the Plan and have their status "legal" for 1 year/some for 2 years.
now it is up to them to get within that time frame their residency or naturalization stuff together/in order, as every legal foreigner from the beginning did.
of course it costs money, it was never free for anybody to become a legal resident in the DR, and i would not know other countries offering such to every foreigner for FREE. brainless to await or demand such.
to get residency costs todays more than just a few hundred bucks, it is expensive and the DR has it's understandable reasons why such is not affordable for every John Does from the streets of Wisconsin.
it makes full sense to me that the ones registered in the Plan, are NOT allowed all the same things as a resident is, otherwise they would not see any reason to go thru the process of residency now during the next couple years.
they can keep working while applying for their residency, and stay legal for that year or two, that's all what the Plan is there for.
for any further stuff, they need to get their residency application finished before the time is up, or the ride home is the only solution to their "troubles".
there is absolutely othing complicated on the basic means/process of the whole thing.
it reads:
get your residency done before your Freebie given time is up, or you get deported.
as simple as that.
and absolutely corret to be done that way, from my point of view.

Mike

Its not easy for people with little or no money and on top of that I don't think you have a heart. These people are doing their best with very little to get this far. Of course they will try and get it all done. And for all that effort and pain that many will not be able to handle, what good does it do? For many they have been here for most of all their lives brought here as children or almost refuges from living in a **** hole to something slightly better... a hot tin house with dirt floors and no real bathroom, water or electricity or where it barely works a couple hours a day or a few times a week.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Its not easy for people with little or no money and on top of that I don't think you have a heart. These people are doing their best with very little to get this far. Of course they will try and get it all done. And for all that effort and pain that many will not be able to handle, what good does it do? For many they have been here for most of all their lives brought here as children or almost refuges from living in a **** hole to something slightly better... a hot tin house with dirt floors and no real bathroom, water or electricity or where it barely works a couple hours a day or a few times a week.

All true, but you just described many Dominicans. The country doesn't need, or want, the burden of poverty stricken Haitian hordes.

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun

no heart??
well, it would be new to me that immigrations rules are set by heart feelings.
as Bob already pointed out,
you just described a very big portion of the Dominican Population, which are simply fukcing poor and without those many things thata first world country takes as a given every day thingy.
and those poor dominicans can not afford to feed the poor Haitians abandonded by their own country.
if you wanna rule immigrations by Heart,
invite 1000 of them to your home community, paid for by your hometown's citizens with a heart,
and tell the surrounding communities to do the same.
Haiti is small, just a round 11 millions of a total population,
big rich countries like the USA could take all 11 millions and feed them and it still would cost just a smallest fraction of what they waste on modernizing their war machinery.
immigrations by heart my arse.

Mike

ramesses

Gold
Jun 17, 2005
All true, but you just described many Dominicans. The country doesn't need, or want, the burden of poverty stricken Haitian hordes.

Yes, I am sure the DR government will redirect the funds and resources to poor Dominicans once the poor Haitians are gone.

ramesses

Gold
Jun 17, 2005
What , pray tell, do you think the solidary and bono programs are, school lunch programs, adult literacy programs...etc.

Do you really think funding will increase because there are less Haitians around? Go into my girlfriends government relocation project of villa liberation and tell me how much government funding is being spread around. The government has forsaken so many places on the island. The money will go into silk pockets....I guess I am not the optimist you are. I have seen too much bad to think the government deserves the benefit of the doubt.

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
if education was high priority....they wouldnt have to organize free food giveawys....ha ha ha

you may have missed it,
but free food giveaways are happening in DR on daily bases.
and if education in your country would have any priority,
then you would know to not drink and type on DR1 after 8PM kiddies bedtime.
but Noooooo,
keep 'em coming.
you are often one of the most entertaining thingies around DR1 on booring weekend evenings.

Mike

BelgianMik

Jul 9, 2015
Do you really think funding will increase because there are less Haitians around? Go into my girlfriends government relocation project of villa liberation and tell me how much government funding is being spread around. The government has forsaken so many places on the island. The money will go into silk pockets....I guess I am not the optimist you are. I have seen too much bad to think the government deserves the benefit of the doubt.

But perhaps there would be more jobs available for the poor dominicans if there are less Haitans around?

ramesses

Gold
Jun 17, 2005
But perhaps there would be more jobs available for the poor dominicans if there are less Haitans around?

This I can agree with.

The biggest problem has been the government and businesses relying on cheap illegal labor. If this practice is stopped, the problem would alleviate itself. If there are no jobs for illegals, there would be very few illegals around.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004

None of the argument you make turns someone from illegal to legal in a country. Following the proper government required procedures in exactly the same manner as everyone else is what does that.

ROLLOUT

Silver
Jan 30, 2012
you may have missed it,
but free food giveaways are happening in DR on daily bases.
and if education in your country would have any priority,
then you would know to not drink and type on DR1 after 8PM kiddies bedtime.
but Noooooo,
keep 'em coming.
you are often one of the most entertaining thingies around DR1 on booring weekend evenings.

Mike

triple likes

Meemselle

Just A Few Words
Oct 27, 2014
I think I read somewhere --- not here --- that deportations weren't scheduled to begin until all papers had been distributed to those who qualified for them. We must be getting pretty close to that.

Although I didn't consciously plan it this way, I am glad to be out of the country for the beginning of the deportations. (Although I am freezing my bazookas off with these New England late summer evening temperatures in the 60s.)

Meemselle

Just A Few Words
Oct 27, 2014
What reports? Where? Can you direct me to a source? Listin Diario? Huff Post? Anything concrete? Or just what you're hearing in your pueblo?