Deslindes will be mandatory beginning April 2009

MpJuly

Apr 30, 2009
For my part, bought a house 2 years ago without deslinde, then I received the title in my name (one year later) (always without deslinde), and after that I did the deslinde

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
Well go buy a lottery ticket you are luckiest man alive.... As of 2009 it was law ..look at page one of this thread read it ... Owners lawyer did deslinde as part in of property process ...now a lot of purchasers lawyers are taking control of deslinde because a lot of lawyers in DR are terrible and ensures smooth transition ...it was in my purchase agreement lawyer took 7000 us off till deslinde done and taking lead on deslinde ..

Fabio J. Guzman

DR1 Expert
Jan 1, 2002
www.drlawyer.com
There was a change in the prohibition and at this time it is allowed for just one time and only for the whole property, meaning that if you have an old "carta constancia" you can convey it whole (not a piece of it) to the buyer without a deslinde. Of course, the buyer would be assuming the risk that the property is not where he thinks it is within the parcel of land. Also, the buyer will not be able to sell it in the future without a deslinde.

Condo units in condominiums built on properties without a deslinde before the 2005 Land Registry law can also be conveyed without any problem.

Last edited:

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
There was a change in the prohibition and at this time it is allowed for just one time and only for the whole property, meaning that if you have an old "carta constancia" you can convey it whole (not a piece of it) to the buyer without a deslinde. Of course, the buyer would be assuming the risk that the property is not where he thinks it is within the parcel of land. Also, the buyer will not be able to sell it in the future wihout a deslinde.

Condo units in condominiums built on properties without a deslinde before the 2005 Land Registry law can also be conveyed without any problem.

Sr. Guzman, we have a parcel with an 'acta de venta' only, from 35+ years ago. Can we sell that without a deslinde?

Fabio J. Guzman

DR1 Expert
Jan 1, 2002
www.drlawyer.com
If you only have an "acta de venta", this means your purchase has not been recorded at the Title Registry. You should record your purchase first, for which you'll need the "certificado de t?tulo" from the person you bought it from.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
If you only have an "acta de venta", this means your purchase has not been recorded at the Title Registry. You should record your purchase first, for which you'll need the "certificado de t?tulo" from the person you bought it from.

I think it has been registered somehow, because we did pay the taxes on the purchase. The person we bought it from died a long time ago.

This sounds like trouble.