Do Dominican men make good husbands ????????

dominicangirl29

Apr 26, 2009
From personal experience, I would say that for me personally they would not make good husbands, now lovers that's a completely different thing :cheeky:

sarah1101

Apr 27, 2012
United States
I would say yes and NO! LOL my first husband turned crazy and violent about a year into our relationship, he is from Ocoa and will be back then upon being deported in about 8 years! but my second is the best man you can find :) he cleans with me, takes care of the kids (we have 4 and he has one from a prior marriage), is wonderful to me and an amazing lover (hehe). With out him I would not be alive today and would not have done so many amazing things. PS he had his green card long before our relationship started... no BS

Isobel

Jul 21, 2011
As a much older woman said to me about 30 years ago with regard to taking any foreign husband: 'Don't marry him! Keep him as a lover and you may have some fun, if you are lucky!' How right she was about all of them!
I think if you are asking this question, you really already know the answer about the man you are considering! Trust yourself.
Before you marry him, ask yourself if you can afford him! If you can't afford him and his family, take care. He may be a great lover, but do you want everything that goes with it? They ALL tell you they are different and that not everyone is the same. That gets a bit boring to hear! They are all different, different shapes, sizes, builds, colours, heights.... Ask yourself why so many Dominican women would prefer to be with a gringo! If you decide to marry him anyway, make the most of it. Enjoy it for what it is, whatever it is, while it is... and try to come out of it smiling even if it didn't work, because you will have lived and loved and, hopefully, learned.

paintedlbird7

Mar 8, 2012
, make the most of it. Enjoy it for what it is, whatever it is, while it is... and try to come out of it smiling even if it didn't work, because you will have lived and loved and, hopefully, learned.

I like what you say, exactly my thoughts.

ade

Jun 14, 2005
So, in the light of gender equality, I thought I would start this thread :bunny:

Good husband or not ??

after 12 years of ups and downs being married to a dominican i can tell you that they don't make good husbands and are not generous lovers - sex is all about them and how good they are and not how they make you feel...for confirmation on just how egoistic and selfish they are by checking their facebook page - it's just pix of them posing and gathering so called friends who would rather rip each othere off than support or help. my man is obsessed with himself and the many latinas he 'talks to' (never really meets) that like to put their ass in the air ready for action regardless if they are in a relationship - but they cant help it, they are taught young and if you dont believe me just look at the pix of children - they have the exact same pose. if i was you i'd look elsewhere there are good lovers in every nationality the only difference it's more a private service than a public proclamation.

LaRDfan

Aug 12, 2012
Hi all
I'm brand spanking new (posting) to this Forum but I've looked through it before for the great info that can usually be found here. That being said I HAVE to say I'm shocked and really lmbo at the posts here singling out Dominicans (make and female) for things that go on EVERYWHERE in the world. The terms "sugar daddy/mama" did not originate in DR. Bimbos/Mimbos can be found anywhere.

Cyren

Jan 10, 2011
Like any country...

Some are good, some are bad... your experience is yours, you dont have to judge a country based on your owned experience, good or bad.

My experience is very positive, my husband is everything I need and everything his kids and our kids need. He works like hell to make us live well, he is pride of his family, pride of us and always keep us as his priority. He is 100% dominican, was animator, had his time of womenizer like a lot of guy everywhere in the world but this is his past, not his present nor his futur. He helps me around the house, helps me for everything and is still a very good lover and very far to be egoist like some said.
He has dreams and does everything he can to realise them... not like some guy here I see that have everything they want and seat on it or face to face with the computer!!

We hear so many things... they are first of all people... Dont throw them to trash because ONE of them threated you like one.

JMB773

Silver
Nov 4, 2011
Like any country...

Some are good, some are bad... your experience is yours, you dont have to judge a country based on your owned experience, good or bad.

My experience is very positive, my husband is everything I need and everything his kids and our kids need. He works like hell to make us live well, he is pride of his family, pride of us and always keep us as his priority. He is 100% dominican, was animator, had his time of womenizer like a lot of guy everywhere in the world but this is his past, not his present nor his futur. He helps me around the house, helps me for everything and is still a very good lover and very far to be egoist like some said.
He has dreams and does everything he can to realise them... not like some guy here I see that have everything they want and seat on it or face to face with the computer!!

We hear so many things... they are first of all people... Dont throw them to trash because ONE of them threated you like one.

If he is so great why do you feel the need to defend him and his people? Let me guess you are from Canada or a SMALL town in the USA? Dominicans made this bed, now they have to lie in it. They have a BAD REP when dealing with romance, trust, and being trustworthy. Before you say that the world has the same problem, Dominicans are on another level then the rest of the world.

cbmitch9

Bronze
Nov 3, 2010
If he is so great why do you feel the need to defend him and his people? Let me guess you are from Canada or a SMALL town in the USA? Dominicans made this bed, now they have to lie in it. They have a BAD REP when dealing with romance, trust, and being trustworthy. Before you say that the world has the same problem, Dominicans are on another level then the rest of the world.

Dude,

You generalize too much. Did a Dominican do something to you in your past or present? If he/she did, then blame him/her and only him/her, not all Dominicans.

Cyren

Jan 10, 2011
And you cant be other than americans to believe you're better than others...

If you hate them so much, why are you on DR1? Nothing else to do than talking bad about other countrys that are DIFFERENT from yours?

If you are so perfect yourself, you should look for a forum talking about the best people of the world! Sure you have the experience to google it!