Do Dominican men make good husbands ????????

greydread

Platinum
Jan 3, 2007
what is "ejemplares"? Basically you are talking about bimbos here. I don't beleive that most Dominican women are like that. They ones I met had a lot of self-respect. They might have been wrong in some ways, but they did respect themselves.

"Kept" Women. In the US there is hardly a Doctor, Politician, Senior Executive or successful Business Owner who doesn't have at least one. These Women (I refer to them as arm candy) show up when these men gather at mostly out-of-town social functions and professional conventions and their sponsors have usually invested in their educations, housing, autos, jewelry, wardrobe and body sculpting procedures. Same rules apply in the DR and just about everywhere else at that level of wealth.

Funny thing is that kept Women are less likely to cheat on their sponsors than their wives.

Alyonka

Silver
Jun 3, 2006
Wives probably realize that husband is looking around, and also are looking for something better in life. Bimbos are fine as long as their bills are paid and they are being "taken care of." What else is necessary?

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
Wives probably realize that husband is looking around, and also are looking for something better in life. Bimbos are fine as long as their bills are paid and they are being "taken care of." What else is necessary?

Not necessarily...

I went to a top boarding school a France with the Daughter of a "kept woman" . My classmate father was a wealthy businessman. He took very good care of the mother (she never had to work, apartment in wealthy area and so on). Of course, he had an official family, they had no idea.

My classmate had the lowest self esteem I have ever seen in young woman (she was very pretty too). The Bimbo, her mom, hated her with a passion (I suspect was addicted to anti-depressant and/or alcohol just because she was soooo bored with her life).

Alyonka

Silver
Jun 3, 2006
My classmate had the lowest self esteem I have ever seen in young woman (she was very pretty too). The Bimbo, her mom, hated her with a passion (I suspect was addicted to anti-depressant and/or alcohol just because she was soooo bored with her life).

This is very sad. It is hard to be "the other woman" your entire life, I suppose, and realize that you will never have a real family. I read similar stories all the time, where kids were never allowed to recognize their father if they ever saw him in public. Sometimes you would think legalization of polygamy would make sense, at least for the kids.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
This is very sad. It is hard to be "the other woman" your entire life, I suppose, and realize that you will never have a real family. I read similar stories all the time, where kids were never allowed to recognize their father if they ever saw him in public. Sometimes you would think legalization of polygamy would make sense, at least for the kids.

My mother-in-law and her two sisters and one brother are all from the " unofficial family". They are good friends with the children from the official family and all acknowledge each other as half sisters and brothers. The father provided for all but only the official family inherited. He only gave his name to the two oldest children.

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
It's funny how this thread has close to 3K views BUT the wives thread has over 19K. ;)

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
It's funny how this thread has close to 3K views BUT the wives thread has over 19K. ;)

Wives:Started by Onions/Carrots‎, 04-16-2010

Husbands: Started by Africaida‎, 01-27-2012

Get back to me in 2 years macho mod ;)

xamaicano

Apr 16, 2004
It is interesting to watch a gringo marry one of these and expect her to now be a wife.

A Yuleidy is a highly attractive female individual who normally comes from poor families, finished 8th grade at the most and refuses to work longer than 3 months anywhere, usually in Bancas de Apuestas.

They spend all day thinking on when to get the nails done and how to spend the little money they have in the hair salon. They normally are "sponsored" by 2 or 3 empresarios who routinely pick her up to go straight to the closest Cabana, or to spend the Sunday on a beach with them.

Some of those "sponsors" invest some money in them until they become jaw dropping females "ejemplares", which then they decide to show her to their regular friends, society and night clubs.

jad604

Nov 17, 2011
:eek:
Here is a good example: mi pana Roberto primo hermano of my wife and his two beautiful kids. He married an American and they live in Syracuse. Roberto told my wife he was a virgin when he got married. He sang at my wedding. He is a good of a class of person that I have ever met in my life - and funny to boot.

And for those with doubts, those are Roberto's kids. Roberto and my wife's grandfather had light hair and blue eyes judging from a family photo that is in the house of one of his kids.

Are Dominican traits that recessive in men as well? I say that because my son looks exactly like me and nothing like his mother. Wow! No F ing way!

Somebody knows the river in Egypt! Denial...

11tlag1.jpg

dalila05

Bronze
Aug 9, 2008
republicadominicana.bbactif.com
I could talk about my personal experience but it's quite shallow as dominicans mens come on every shape,colors and mentality.
I will just say that being married to a dominican as a non dominican is about hearing 10 thousands times a day ,mi cultura,mi pais,mi gentes etc..

abretusojos10

Dec 2, 2007
well my husband is a better cook than me is a neat freak so is constantly cleaning unlike me ... need to do basis.
he doesnt drink too much, rarely if ever does he go out wit the 'boys' and i usually go with him.
he stays home with our son more often than I do,while I go out with the girls

:)

I am american/dominican hes dominican raised in a campo in Bani

I think I got a good deal so far

porkman100

Gold
Apr 11, 2010
Abrelosojos; It sounds very nice but, does any of his many manly virtues, include.. providing for you financially??...I know,I know today women are self sufficient and all but...things happen and if you can not rely on him to carry your life style (in a time of need) It is time de abrirtusojitos.

abretusojos10

Dec 2, 2007
Abrelosojos; It sounds very nice but, does any of his many manly virtues, include.. providing for you financially??...I know,I know today women are self sufficient and all but...things happen and if you can not rely on him to carry your life style (in a time of need) It is time de abrirtusojitos.

this is awesome...

I actually earn double what he makes and I also have an extra income.
weve been together 11 years
now is that were working on his papers.
i think were even.

:classic:

abretusojos10

Dec 2, 2007
:mad:

I knew it.......He is a broke ars....A hot mamita like you should get you a real man.

he's a good man, just brought up by old fashioned dominican campesinos who didn't really teach him to be independent... so when he finally left he was and still is a little clueless...

thanks for the piropo :cheeky:

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Wives:Started by Onions/Carrots‎, 04-16-2010

Husbands: Started by Africaida‎, 01-27-2012

Get back to me in 2 years macho mod ;)

Be kind, be kind....... no harm intended, I'm sure..... its a MALE thing, counting and quantifying.

I live in a houseful of women (animals included).... I sort of get it.

The world is different these days.... remember when "playing hard to get" was the way to play?
Try that today and you'll not be got anytime soon.