Do Dominican women make good wives?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
I never said I needed money from my family, but I was just showing you the love and commitment my family will have for their niece and grand daughter. I see you have no clue what a strong family is and what they are willing to do for one another.

Yip, nothing like a strong family. One of those where a father up and abandons his daughter in a poverty stricken country because he misses his mummy back home, is that the strong bond you talk of?

Look I do not need to prove anything to you I do not look up to you because your from England like your family in DR need to because you put food on the table and cloths on their back. Some of you gringos kill me with " come to Santo Domingo and I will show you some upper class people" how lame does this sound and I read it so many times. You are a gringo that puts food on the table period.

I support my family yes, is that so hysterical to you? My wife is a full time mother and works for the family business when she can. Why are you making silly comments about a family you don't know anything of. Can you not grasp the concept of a couple working together to make a family without one of them in it to gain something? Obviously not, you judge others by your silly pathetic standards, don't.

Do I think you family has money in DR sure I do because the DR is a rich wealthy country in your eyes because you ignore the poverty in DR when it is every where. You are not an expat in Mexico or Panama because these places are where the money is at. There is not a Trump Tower Santo Domingo because nobody in the DR can afford 1 bed 1.5 bath condo for 600,000usd like in Panama City, so Big Donald did not waste his time.

You are prattling on about I do not know what, get a fking grip of yourself FFS, what is wrong with you?

You are a piece of work talking about a city full of malls, but no customers, cell phones with no minutes on them, ATM's with no money in them,people with no future, cars with no gas in them, computers with Facebook and only Facebook on the screen, homes with no lights, classrooms with no knowledge in them, a presidential palace with no President inside, policemen that do not police, teachers that do not teach, doctors that do not heal, etc.

WTF? Crack? LSD?

You are right dog I am very poor your family in DR has way more money then mine here in the USA. I flip burgers for a living LOL I have question can you come up with 20,000usd ? Since you family is so rich send me it.

Giveadog no matter what you call me or how you feel about the only MAN who cared about enough to say this: At the end of the day when that clock reads 11:59 you will always be a man that needed to borrow another man's country to find a family and no matter how nice you are or how good you are to your wife, her family, friends and the people of the Dominican Republic will always see you as a man that needed the DR to find a wife.

You are making things up and so I figure cider, used to kill my brain cells and make me talk bollox as well.

Leave it now, you are making a fool of yourself and you will end up getting the thread closed down.

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
Remember how you could feel the love between bob sanders and the gorgon.? . Seems like you and JMB are walking in their footsteps, LOL

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
Remember how you could feel the love between bob sanders and the gorgon.? . Seems like you and JMB are walking in their footsteps, LOL

I feel I am being very reasonable, this not a beef, it is correction. I have nothing against him at all, how can I hold beef with nonesense? lol.

porkman100

Gold
Apr 11, 2010
No se amargue, jefe.

No hermano pollero nada de eso, I have to give it to jmb, and he is braggadocios to the extreme, and had to hold my nose twice to give him thumps up..but i know that jmb does not believe half of the things he says but he was spot on.
But tell me jmb and dont make it personal and mention NO names, why foreigners come to our land, cuz their women wont have them for very many reasons, cuz of their spoil ways and come here and spoil our women just like they do back home. We latinos talk about it all the time. I personally never been with gringas. (cuz they wont have my macho chitt)

Dec 26, 2011
No hermano pollero nada de eso, I have to give it to jmb, and he is braggadocios to the extreme, and had to hold my nose twice to give him thumps up..but i know that jmb does not believe half of the things he says but he was spot on.
But tell me jmb and dont make it personal and mention NO names, why foreigners come to our land, cuz their women wont have them for very many reasons, cuz of their spoil ways and come here and spoil our women just like they do back home. We latinos talk about it all the time. I personally never been with gringas. (cuz they wont have my macho chitt)

Your "macho chitt" is just a defense mechanism. You're a sweetheart and you know it.

porkman100

Gold
Apr 11, 2010
Your "macho chitt" is just a defense mechanism. You're a sweetheart and you know it.

Pollo i will give my life for the whales and stuff like that but....american women cant stand me for 60 seconds, I was super macho since a boy in school, when an older boy about 3 years older beat me up (coming from school broke my wrist) I stalked him later and cut him with a rusty blade..... no drama obama.

JMB773

Silver
Nov 4, 2011
I do not have any ill feeling toward Giveadog he stating his opinion and I am doing the same. I am not the type of man that can't admit when he is wrong and I give him this one, walking out on my wife in Santo Domingo was not my finest moment in life. I understand now I should have worked harder to make my marriage work, but what is done is done you can't go back in time. The only thing I can do now is try to best provider for my two girls and a good ex husband to my ex in Santo Domingo. I have a great deal of love for my ex because she is a very strong woman for dealing with some of the negatives of DR. My ex wife can work her ass off and she still will never get anywhere because she was born and raised in Los Minas. My ex is far from being lazy, but if a job is just going to mistreat, under pay, and use her I would rather her just sit and watch tv and take of our daughter all day. Not a day goes by when I do not think of my ex wife because I really want her to be happy but she is far from being happy because life is so hard in the DR for women.

btw I did not marry a Dominican woman, I married my wife and there is a difference. IMO to men looking for a wife do not marry a Dominican woman, Cuban woman, American woman French woman etc. Marry your wife.

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
You see, you can talk sense, why all the BS bravado I dunno, but it is not important, what is important is following through with what you have said above.
You will be amazed what is out there in terms of employment if they are prepared to train for a few years, maybe she could consider her options more constructively, and you could encourage her more than saying she should be watching TV. Working is not all about money, working is an aid to your frame of mind, working disciplines the mind to some extent and gives people a purpose, even if it is a bad job. There can be nothing more depressing than not working and wondering if this is what life is about, waiting! No one is going to knock on her door and put ideas in er head or offer her work. Any work is better than none, just break up the monotony of sitting about, listening to crazy kids, waiting and waiting. Also better opportunities open up once working, she can be in the frame of mind for work to step up levels as she moves on through the workforce.
You know this, not working is crap, not always for the money, for the sanity. If you really love her, convince her of this, it cn only benefit all of you.

Jan 3, 2003
Some of you gringos kill me with " come to Santo Domingo and I will show you some upper class people" how lame does this sound and I read it so many times. You are a gringo that puts food on the table period.

I agree. Not only gringos but many folks believe that the wealthy within the capital outstrip the poor. You only have to go half a mile from the presidential palace to see grinding poverty. The DR is a massively poor nation with types of poverty you would never see generally within the USA. You can point to isolated cases but overall the US poor have a lifestyle that no poor Dominican could ever imagine having. Women on WIC up in NYC live better than the so called middle class in the DR.

You can notice the grinding poverty within the DR by just going to any poor Dominican's home and noticing the lack of anything inside the fridge. That's if they have a functional fridge at all and not some burnt out carcass of a fridge to give the appearance of a fridge. Even if they have something inside you will notice the lack of any name brand commercial products like Nutella, Borden's milk, Kellogg's cornflakes, Chef-boy-ardee spaghetti, Wonderbread, Dannon's yogurt, on and on. The DR poor do not have these things.

The lack thereof is truly pitiful. The DR economy can not provide for its citizens the type of employment that would allow any citizen to enjoy any of these name brand goods. And before some of you harp on how all of these are bad for your health, many of these products have no preservatives or chemicals. I did my research on it. Even if some of them did have some of those naughty ingredients the fact that Dominicans can't afford them by and large is a testament to how incredibly poor the DR is. Trust me, all the DR poor dream of living in NYC.

Do I think you family has money in DR sure I do because the DR is a rich wealthy country in your eyes because you ignore the poverty in DR when it is every where. You are not an expat in Mexico or Panama because these places are where the money is at. There is not a Trump Tower Santo Domingo because nobody in the DR can afford 1 bed 1.5 bath condo for 600,000usd like in Panama City, so Big Donald did not waste his time.

Great point!!! More proof that even the DR rich aren't that rich by other standards. The way that economic levels are assigned within the DR would not qualify the same within the USA. What you have is a reclassification of the DR poor as middle. If they didn't do that, the DR would not have a true middle class at all. The DR scarcely has any true middle class to speak of and the poverty within the DR is comparable to medieval standards. I've told many of my friends in Miami that the poor in the DR live worse than the dogs in Miami.

I don't mean this as a derogatory insult to the DR poor but as a fact. I've seen people at Publix buying gourmet dog food for their dogs. The DR poor eat such basic staples that eating is not a delectable culinary experience as it is for me and you but it is just a means of subsistence living. It is truly pathetic. And remember I am touching only on the food element. If I were to write on all other facets of living, I'd have to write a book on it. The DR poor are so disadvantaged in terms of quality of life as compared to their American counterparts, it is no wonder that they want to live in NYC. Only a brain dead moron or a Chip apologist would choose otherwise.

You are a piece of work talking about a city full of malls, but no customers, cell phones with no minutes on them, ATM's with no money in them,people with no future, cars with no gas in them, computers with Facebook and only Facebook on the screen, homes with no lights, classrooms with no knowledge in them, a presidential palace with no President inside, policemen that do not police, teachers that do not teach, doctors that do not heal, etc.

Amen brother!!! I could not have written it better myself. The best writing comes out when it is passionately written. The DR poor and so called middle class give an appearance of having but there is nothing behind the curtains. The Wizard of Oz is the main theme that runs throughout the DR. I love the way you put it. Cellphones with no minutes on them-LOL love that one, computers with only facebook on it-hahaha, cars with no gasoline in them-I couldn't have said it better myself.

These are not condemnations of the Dominican populace. These are truths. I am Dominican but I am not going to whitewash the reality of a nation that lives in abject poverty. It is a nation where the priorities are all screwed up and a gov't where the national debt and the means to expand it are the only true means of expanding the economy. As long as the credit spigots are on, they grow. It better never come done because then it will truly be the endgame for the DR.

Giveadog no matter what you call me or how you feel about the only MAN who cared about you enough to say this: At the end of the day when that clock reads 11:59 you will always be a man that needed to borrow another man's country to find a family and no matter how nice you are or how good you are to your wife, her family, friends and the people of the Dominican Republic will always see you as a man that needed the DR to find a wife.

Oouch, that's hitting below the belt, bro. I like to look at as if it were an equation. All must balance out. The wealthy nations have all the means to live a life that very few live on planet Earth. The problem is romantic love within the context of a family unit. It is lacking and it is quite difficult to find it in the USA. If you want that loving housewife who will cook, raise your kids and feel indebted to you in a way that satisfies your social needs, then the USA will be a very difficult place to find that.

On that point, nations like the DR have something valuable to offer. They can satisfy the social, sexual and romantic needs of those from the wealthy nations. In turn those from the privileged nations can give the financial and economic assistance that women in the DR desperately need. The equation balances out and if all parties are honest with each other, loyal to one another it works out wonderfully. It's a win-win situation.

Castle

Silver
Sep 1, 2012
Sooooo, do Dominicanas make good wives?

Dunno man, I've been with some good ones, and I've been with the real nasty, too. And I married a good one that turned nasty down the road. Maybe I should state the obvious: there are good and bad women in DR, just like in anywhere else. Now, if we talk about the percentage of each kind, I'd say there is a predominance of the bad ones. Having said that, I have a feeling that even the bad ones turned bad because they got fed up with the crap from men. whatever the reason, if you get a bad one run like hell. Can't change her, can't persuade her, she'll eat you up.

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
maybe we should bring back the idea of courtship for 10 years, mind you some havent got ten years left in them that are getting married to 18 year olds

Status
Not open for further replies.