Do Dominican women make good wives?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 7, 2007
So to answer your question, I know one.

I know one, too. My ex'es aunt is one. She is very family oriented and brought up her kids with Christian values. I can say the kids have very little tigueraje (just enough to get by and not be taken advantage of ...) They are 19, 17 and 15. Her husband died 4 years ago from diabetes and she has not remarried yet ... to what I hear she has/had some pretenders including a governor of one of the provinces but she kept them away/at distance. She is hard working, working 2 jobs, and providing for her family alone. So I say yes, there are Dominican women that make good wives. Not all of them, but many. As Robert said, they come in all shapes, sizes, colors, and the likes.

Reactions: bienamor

Adrian Bye

Bronze
Jul 7, 2002
IMHO dominicanas are some of the sweetest girls in the world and i would consider myself very lucky if i married one some day.

RacerX

Banned
Nov 22, 2009
another thing I forgot to say is that if you cannot cook, as a woman, you will not get a man.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
On the contrary, may woman who cant cook find a man who can!!!!!;)

LOL, you're right! My Dominican-Italian daughter can't cook worth a darn, her husband is a great cook though!

She keeps telling me she wants me to teach her, but the truth is she doesn't really want to learn. They came over for dinner Monday night and she asked if she can move back home until her baby is born so she can eat my dinners. I told her I rented out her room :cheeky:

AE

RacerX

Banned
Nov 22, 2009
and just how many women do you think he is cooking for, with such debonair skills?

there is a difference between a steaming hot bowl of Beefaroni from a can with a couple Fig Newtons for dessert and prepared dinner of Duck and Wild Rice Soup and Maple-Mustard Glazed Salmon with Pecan and Thyme Beurre Blanc. The dude who can do that has more than one lady friend.

And you wonder why I bad mouth the restaurants here....p'shaw!

greydread

Platinum
Jan 3, 2007
and just how many women do you think he is cooking for, with such debonair skills?

there is a difference between a steaming hot bowl of Beefaroni from a can with a couple Fig Newtons for dessert and prepared dinner of Duck and Wild Rice Soup and Maple-Mustard Glazed Salmon with Pecan and Thyme Beurre Blanc. The dude who can do that has more than one lady friend.

And you wonder why I bad mouth the restaurants here....p'shaw!

Those aren't lady friends. They're shopping pals. Most of the Dominican Women I know can whip up a million dollar meal out of $5 worth of stuff from the corner bodega. Most of the American Women I know are far more limited in spite of far better access to and availablility of a variety of meal ingredients.

Based on first hand experience, the Dominican Woman wins the cooking contest.

To quote Chris Rock: "Women don't have to be home, alone no matter how they look. Just put a big pot of food on the stove the same time every day and leave the kitchen window open. Sooner or later...a Man will show up knocking at your door."

We are very uncomplicated creatures.

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
Based on first hand experience, the Dominican Woman wins the cooking contest.

To quote Chris Rock: "Women don't have to be home, alone no matter how they look. Just put a big pot of food on the stove the same time every day and leave the kitchen window open. Sooner or later...a Man will show up knocking at your door."

So why so many Dominican men seem to have una se?ora on the side then ? It seems to me that you are more complicated than you think :paranoid:

greydread

Platinum
Jan 3, 2007
So why so many Dominican men seem to have una se?ora on the side then ? It seems to me that you are more complicated than you think :paranoid:

Not really. It's those Dominican hips. Nothing complicated about that reaction, either. ;)

Alyonka

Silver
Jun 3, 2006
Ok, I see, men are that simple. Even in my home country some guys said they really liked me after seeing bags full of groceries in my hands. No one offered to help out carrying heavy bags, but they did tell me how good I looked with those. :paranoid:

They probably decided I would make a good wife. ;)

RacerX

Banned
Nov 22, 2009
Those aren't lady friends. They're shopping pals. Most of the Dominican Women I know can whip up a million dollar meal out of $5 worth of stuff from the corner bodega. Most of the American Women I know are far more limited in spite of far better access to and availablility of a variety of meal ingredients.

Based on first hand experience, the Dominican Woman wins the cooking contest. Compared to whom? According to Bob and Chip the Mrs. lacks imagination in the kitchen. Rice beans and chicken I guess is the daily staple.

See there? Thats confirmation! No cooky cooky, no squeaky squeaky!

What do you mean shopping pals? Hey man, Wolfgang Puck, the Galloping Gourmet, Emeril LaGasse, Bobby Flay, etc. have quite a huge fan club. Most all of them female and not all of them portly or Rubenesque(although......that wouldnt be that bad...all them curves and whatnot).

As to why the Dominican men have a senorita on the side(or 2-3). Variety is the spice of life. There is an abundance of things you can shake over here you know?

Status
Not open for further replies.