Domestic Violence

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
it's sunny and 70 here in washington d.c.
how's the weather in sosua ? :laugh:

M.A.R.

Silver
Feb 18, 2006
Might not be a bad idea.
BTW: Did I tell you guys how much I love y'all?

That's what we need in this universe, LOVE LOVE LOVE LOTS OF LOVE, FEEL IT IN YOUR GUT, FEEL THE LOVE AND SEND THE LOVE and you'll receive LOVE.

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
That's what we need in this universe, LOVE LOVE LOVE LOTS OF LOVE, FEEL IT IN YOUR GUT, FEEL THE LOVE AND SEND THE LOVE and you'll receive LOVE.

I feel in my heart, I feel it in my knees, I feel it all over me!!!!!

La Mariposa

Bronze
Jun 4, 2004
Chiri, you know what I was thinking?.

I was thinking if some of these people think it's accepted in the US to hit a woman?.

If it's in their culture?.

I mean, this same problem have been very "alive and well" here also, FOR EEEEVER.

And before they say "oooh, that's because Spanish people live in the US and they brought this problem with them"..., let me just say that one of my best friends is in charge of one of the Government most effective and famous "Battered Women" agency in the state and he, without getting into many specifics, says that most of the cases his office works with are those involving non-Hispanics.

Ummmm, makes you wonder if there's a "culture" here I know nothing about.

Bottom line is that when a loser, coward, prick, dummy, cartoon character, axxhole hits a woman, all he is doing is TRYING to feel superior to her.

I guess they need to feel superior to something as they are NOT men!!.

Go hit a concrete wall, axxhole!!.

Could it be because the hispanic women don't denounce they are victims of violence ??? They know it could be worst after..

Last edited:

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Not really a case of wanting to ram my opinion down anyone's throat. As with the 'bubble' thread last week, it was more a question of pointing to certain elements of life in the DR that some posters (not just Bob) seem determined to ignore, and in the end I don't think there was that much left to disagree on.

So - I don't think I have anything more to add.
Libra too, btw.
:)

Sep 19, 2005
I AM sympathetic......it just isnt coming across..because I am addressing a larger picture .

there is a song that is comingto my mind....I wish I could remember it..

something like ...OH lord... please dont let me be misunderstood..........

oh my GF tells me it is cold and rainign lightly in Canca La Riena , Moca, Republica domincana

here it is perfect fall weather, sunny 50 degrees and great fall colors

bad bad very bad bob

Last edited:

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
This thread is too long to read.
let me put it this way. when a woman get hit by a man, she is the victim, but then a woman hits a man he is an ass_ole? Is this how it is perceived in a real world?
In the barrios a man hits a woman quite regularly but let me tell you this, women beat up women in barrios more than a man beats up a woman and quite often a woman beats up a man as well. I have seen this all with my own eyes.
There was a fight in a barrio where we were passing through. There was a fight in progress. A drunk man with a knife in his hand shouting at a woman. But he was not going to attack her. he was trying to get away from her, as the woman was pushing him. Since we saw the knife, one of my friends took out his gun and shot in air. This got the man's attention and he was compelled to drop the knife on the ground. when he did that, the woman took the knife and stabbed the guy on his hand, right in front of everyone. he was cut and bleeding. The woman didn't care for the gun or anything.
I told my friend to get inside his car and lets go.
This type of a mess goes on everyday in barrios.
For all I care, they can kill each other.
AZB

Sep 19, 2005
there you go...all you folks had it backwards...it is the women who abuse the men!!!!!!!!!

us poor souls......when ever I walk into Santiago and go shopping..I am in CONSTANT torture!!!!!!!!!its the women giving me all the pain!!!

"oh my GOODNESS".......

ah, oh I mean what nice shoes those are in the window Tavina darling!!!! ...

bad , but not so bad bob

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
All I am saying is, it goes both ways. Women in barrios are no angels to get a beating for nothing at all. No wonder so many women get killed when their husbands find out they are sleeping with all the tigres in the barrios behind his back. men are no angels either, many are drunks and abuse their family. So let the barrio culture stay where it fits perfectly. In my experience of living in DR there are 3 versions to the story: His version, her version and then the Truth.
There is this rich / famous man in santiago who owns a huge business and other businesses. His wife drives a late model expensive car and she also happens to be 1/2 his age. She was caught sleeping with tigres in motels and she was video tapped by detective. In my mind, she needed a good beating but guess what, she got out clean and actually was going to win a lot of the man's fortune. I just don't know how they worked this out.
So when you see a man hitting a woman on the street, stay away from their business. you don't know if the man is drunk and carrying a gun and you have no clue why she is getting the pela.
AZB

Last edited by a moderator:

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
I want to extend a personal thanks to all of you.
You all know that I can be combative too, when I feel it's a righteous cause, but there's something special and different here.
I know most of the parties involved to be wonderful people without a mean bone in their bodies, and to think that y'all might have landed up hating each other, would have been sad indeed.
There was a misunderstanding, nothing more, nothing less.
Luv y'all.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
maybe she deserved it.
AZB
AZB, Buddy.
Please let this go.
I'm sure you didn't mean it to sound the way it did, but it sounds extremely offensive.
Let's drop it.
There's no such thing as a woman deserving a beating.
There is such thing as self defense against a woman attacking a man, and vice versa.
End of story.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
To first solve a problem you have to admit there is one. Domestic violence is a problem in every country in the world. In most cases it is the man doing the physical abuse. Women fight with their acid tongues and men fight with their fists. This isn't always the case but usually is. Nobody, key word, nobody, has the right to hit someone with the intent of hurting them, however justified they may feel it is. Many women do nothing wrong and are abused, many do awful things and this causes emotional pain to the point where violence is used. Can we ever solve this, no, can we lessen it's frequency, yes, through education and enforcing the law(punishment) Domestic violence is a big problem in the DR, AND YES Other countries also. This thread will never end with good feelings.

Status
Not open for further replies.