Dominican Beauty Salons in Mesa, Arizona?

SouAngel

Nov 12, 2005
Hair salon

Hey guys, My name is Yesenia and I'm pretty new to this site. I also live in Arizona in the East Valley and was in desperate need of a good hair salon. AZ is nothing like New York but I have a huge family over here and we're recruiting so many Dominicans to Arizona :classic: It's almost starting to feel like home. Anyone wanna talk, you can drop me a line at soulangel723@aol.com.

OK as far as salons go...I used to know a Dominican hair stylist here but I lost touch with her...sorry...

BUT I do know of this lady who's name is Seketha. She is black from New York and she's the only one who's done my hair to my liking here in AZ. She does do relaxers and she has 20 yrs. experience dealing with our type of hair. Email me if you want her phone number and info.

Chuipi

Jan 20, 2006
Dominican in Phoenix, Arizona

Hello !!! Looking for dominicans in AZ??? ..good news! I just moved to Phoenix..and I cant believe I havent seen the first dominican next to me..Oh God..I really miss my country.... Just in case and to let you know all..there's a dominican just new in the valley.....

By the way.. Tim..is your wife here now?? COngratulations to you..seem a great couple!. Regards, chuipi

twincactus said:
Well we are waiting on her I-130 right now. It was "touched" on 11/24 so we are getting hopeful. I was just trying to see if I could keep in touch with you because there are few Dominicans here and I know after she finds out the streets here are not gold she will want some friends....hehe. Keep in touch and if there is anything you need to know about the area ask me, I know, I used to work sales here and know the Phoenix area very well. You can e-mail me at tim@twincactus.com. Oh and if you're interested, our pictures are on the website www.twincactus.com .

Thanks for writing back, I may have been a bit harsh. Sorry.

-Tim

alexm

Feb 17, 2006
What!! plenty Dominicanos in Arizona

redeemed1111 said:
Please Help!

I moved to Arizona in July and still can't find a Dominican hair salon. For that matter, I just can't find any Dominicans. No offense to anyone but all hispanics that I've met are Mexicans. All the hispanic places I've gone to have Mexican hairstylists, and they seem so unsure as to how to do my hair. I need a relaxer badly, do I need to go back to New York?

redeemed1111 :cry:
;) well well you gotta be kidding me! there are plenty of DOMINICANOS here and they're spread all over, business owners (restaurants 3, Sports Dominican owned newspaper 'Solo Deportes', a BUNCH of baseball players live here with there families 'wives with Dominican hair' 2 Merengue Bands and my Church at 27th ave north of Camelback 'Ministerios Amor Internacional' we have about 6 Dominican Families, and one of the Dominican HAIR SALON is at 36th avenue and Thomas Rd. south east corner 'NEW YORK HAIR', this owner told me there are two other Salones in the area. And every year there are Two Dominican Festivals as well as about 4 Puerto Rican Festivals and picnics I have the websites somewhere write me alxmichel@aol.com. Alex;)

claret71

Feb 19, 2006
Well, I moved from NYC four years ago and moved to Phoenix ,AZ. I think I may have the solution to your problem..It is not a Dominican Beauty Salon, however this Lady does a great Job with my hair. It is located in Scottsdale RD (near The Fashion Square Mall) and it is own by a Mexican-American Lady. It is only by appoitment, but I don't know how much you are willing to spend. The only thing that I can tell you she is that she is good. Let me know if you want the information..

alexm

Feb 17, 2006
Independencia De Los Dominicanos

Pima Park
625 N. Mcqueen Rd
Chandler, Az

Domingo 26 De Febrero 2006

alexm

Feb 17, 2006
dominicans in AZ

Pima Park
625 N. Mcqueen Rd
Chandler, Az

alexm

Feb 17, 2006
dominicanos

Chuipi said:
Hello !!! Looking for dominicans in AZ??? ..good news! I just moved to Phoenix..and I cant believe I havent seen the first dominican next to me..Oh God..I really miss my country.... Just in case and to let you know all..there's a dominican just new in the valley.....

By the way.. Tim..is your wife here now?? COngratulations to you..seem a great couple!. Regards, chuipi

INDEPENDENCIA DE LOS DOMINICANOS

PIMA PARK
625 N. MCQUEEN RD
CHANDLER, AZ

DOMINGO 26 DE FEBRERO 2006

alexm

Feb 17, 2006

Pima Park
625 N. Mcqueen Rd
Chandler, Az

claret71

Feb 19, 2006
ALEX!!! Can you please post more details about this Domincan Salon?? like a phone # I would really appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Indira

Mar 24, 2006
Salones Dominicanos

Hi, my name is Indira and I've been in Mesa for 7 months now and I have found too many Dominicans to count and some slamming food too I even found a girl I went to PS 173 with in Manhattan. I know a few girls that get ther hair done by a a Dominican lady she doesn't have a Salon just a chair and products at home (just like in the Heights) :cheeky: . So drop me a line if you haven't found some one and I'll hook you up.

Take care, Indy

P.S. there is one thing I haven't found here:good looking Neuyoricans/Dominican Yorks, all the ugly ones I've seen...sorry :ermm:

redeemed1111 said:
Please Help!

I moved to Arizona in July and still can't find a Dominican hair salon. For that matter, I just can't find any Dominicans. No offense to anyone but all hispanics that I've met are Mexicans. All the hispanic places I've gone to have Mexican hairstylists, and they seem so unsure as to how to do my hair. I need a relaxer badly, do I need to go back to New York?

redeemed1111 :cry:

mag8081

Apr 2, 2006
Dominican Beauty Salons in Las Vegas?

Hola!!
I know your pain, for the first year here in Las Vegas I went to to Mexicans, whites and Black salons and no one knew what a wash and set was New York Style. No one knew how to roller set and then blow dry my hair. So ended up doing it myself, it's sooo hard!!!! I finally went online and saw that is a Dominican Alliance in las vegas, I e-mailed them and asked them if they knew of any Dominicans that can do hair and it won't cost an arm and leg. They said yes!!! Her name is Grimilda and she does Dominican Wonders!!! So before you go to New York, because I was going to do the same, come see Grimi in las vegas! Tell Mileisa sent u:)) Buena Suerte!
Grimilda Gonzalez
4965 West Tropicana Ave.
Las Vegas, NV 89103
(702)401-9059

davi

Jul 21, 2006
Going Hungry In Arizona

my domincanos y domincanas, i am in desperate need of some authentic domincan dishes. i miss my arroz con pollo, mofongos, morros, abichuelas con dulce, quipes and ensaladas de avuacates. are there any domincan restaurants out here at all? please tell me there is. drop me a line at davelovecars@yahoo.com...i would really appreciatte any help. there's no place like nyc, thats the truth.!
davi

Noemievelyn

Aug 17, 2006
Ola,

I am a East Coast Dominican newly recruited to AZ. I obtained your emails from the DR1.com website. I am trying to start a network of LATINOS here in the Valley. Dominicans, Puerto Ricans, Central and South Americans included. I miss the feeling of Familia and unity from back east. I am a social worker who has specialized in Latino non profits and am trying to create a community here.

If your interested in creating a network, please send me an email and maybe we can create some Latino Energy here in AZ. If your not please forward this email to any Latinos who may be interested.

theresumeproject@yahoo.com

Thanks, Noemi Garcia

isegura

Sep 16, 2006
redeemed1111...please e-mail me (isegura1@cox.net) and I will refer you to somebody to do your hair here in Mesa, I know how important nice looking hair is to us (dominican girls). This hair stylish is looking forward to meet more dominicans.

lisaa87

Feb 2, 2007
I've tried to find a phone number for the salon in Phoenix (New York Hair) but can't find it. Can anyone else give me a recommendation for a Dominican stylist? Thanks! You can email me at drlmanderson@gmail.com.

JaeAZ

Feb 6, 2007
www.MySpace.com
I am also looking for a Dominican hairdresser in AZ. I live in Mesa, but am willing to travel. I hope you guy?s don?t mind I took the liberty of sending you an email regarding this. If anyone can please get back to me I would really appreciate it!
Thanks.