Dominican Beauty Salons in Mesa, Arizona?

ErickPina

May 6, 2007
Dominican Salon In Arizona

There is a Dominican girl that setup a beauty salon at her house she is licence and have 12years of experience and she will be opening a salon soon in Arizona that will be specialize in latin and african american hair. if you whant to contact her call at 623-875-5339 or email to pinaerick1@msn.com.

Clari

May 23, 2007
Hey ya'll I use Melania in el mirage (I'm Dominican and have the hair too) and she is just great!!!!!

concernwillym

May 24, 2007
concerned parent

has anyone ever heard of an lolmachine before? its really bugging me, i dont even know what it does
or what, my son and my daughter use the term loosely in there IMs i figured id ask around in a couple of
forums to find out what it ment

chola1978

Bronze
Mar 20, 2006
Please Help!

I moved to Arizona in July and still can't find a Dominican hair salon. For that matter, I just can't find any Dominicans. No offense to anyone but all hispanics that I've met are Mexicans. All the hispanic places I've gone to have Mexican hairstylists, and they seem so unsure as to how to do my hair. I need a relaxer badly, do I need to go back to New York?

redeemed1111 :cry:

El mirage, Az main st. liberty barber shop ask forfreddy his old partner Melania is a dominca stylist ella te puede hookiar.

chola1978

Bronze
Mar 20, 2006
By the way her name is Melania she is in El mirage AZ and her Ph#623-875-5339 or email to pinaerick1@msn.com.

Montro klok is Melania your Mom?
I hopecuz ella es una joya de mujer.
man Ihope your doign better. sadulos a tu esposa y hijos.
Albin
PS Santiago esta de maravilla. I miss El mirage pero no lo suficinete to relocate back afte that i move to my dream place

N.C.

Oct 18, 2004
Melania is the best

Oh my God thanks Dr1 and Erik Pina for giving me the information about Melania, Erik your mom is the best, my hair its muchhhhhhhhhhh better now,my husband (Twincactus) tried to get me someone to do my hair but that person was damaging it and I thought I was gonna lose all my hair but thank God I found Melania, she's been doing an awesome job, now I go every Sunday to get my hair done, just a Dominican knows how to do dominican hair ;)
Thank u.

cnote

Aug 31, 2007
I think I would be interested in this Melania...but first...what is different about the way a Dominican does hair than any other african american? I see different forums across the net asking about dominicans to do their hair, but I need to know what's so great about it...

N.C.

Oct 18, 2004
I think I would be interested in this Melania...but first...what is different about the way a Dominican does hair than any other african american? I see different forums across the net asking about dominicans to do their hair, but I need to know what's so great about it...

Well for example:
1.- the girl that was doing my hair is an afro-american girl, she use to put the relaxer in my hair as she was putting a hair color with a brush, that use to burn my scalp right away I couldn't stand the relaxer more than 5 mins. and my hair is not that kinky and she was using a super strong relaxer in my hair.
2.- she didnt put the rollers in my hair, she comb it the way I wanted (the hair being wet yet) and put me under the hairdryer.
3.- instead of using a blower to do my hair, she used a hair iron and packed my hair with an oil or grease and my hair was all flat and not wavy.

My hair wasn't growing at ALL, and she just wanted to trim my hair because the ends were splitting, I wonder why :tired:.
NO OFFENSES TO ANYONE but to most of the black girls their hair don't grow that much, thats why they have to wear the hair extensions.

taina

Feb 9, 2006
Dominican Salon in Tucson Arizona

There is a Dominican Salon in Tucson Arizona, I don't know how far that is from you.
Her Name is Mercedes 520-302-0365

Please Help!

I moved to Arizona in July and still can't find a Dominican hair salon. For that matter, I just can't find any Dominicans. No offense to anyone but all hispanics that I've met are Mexicans. All the hispanic places I've gone to have Mexican hairstylists, and they seem so unsure as to how to do my hair. I need a relaxer badly, do I need to go back to New York?

redeemed1111 :cry:

ahmari35

Feb 22, 2008
Want to grow hair out. Heard Domincans are the BEST for that!

Good Morning!

My name is Ambrea and although I am not Domincana I want to grow out my hair and wanted to try a Dominican shop. Just doing research and talking to other black women who now frequent Dominican shops, I feel that it might be in my best interest to get that done. My best friend is from New York and raved about the Dominican shops in Brooklyn. When she was living in Wisconsin, she went to a stylist at my hiar shop (black women) and to her she did her hair okay, "but not like home" she said. When she moved to ATL and she came to visit me, her hair was gorgeous. I would like to try and go natural, although I've used a relaxer in my hair from day one. Regardless of that, I want to grow my hair out long and luscious. My hair is incredibly thick and VERY nappy. I currenty live in Mesa, but work in Phoenix, but don't know my way around too well. If anyone could recommend someone I'd be forever grateful.

Have a wonderful day!

ErickPina

May 6, 2007
DOMINICAN HAIR SALON- PROFESSIONAL HAIR CARE for all hair types, color, highlights, perms, up dos, waxing, makeovers, BY MELANIA PENZO, please, CALL FOR APPOINTMENT623-875-5339 OR 623-986-1295. MY LOCATICION IS EL MIRAGE AZ. I HAVE DE SHOP AT HOME.

ErickPina

May 6, 2007
Dominican Hair Salon by Melania

Salon Boutique Suite #20
5710 W. Bell Rd. Glendale, AZ
(623) 986-1295

Hours of operation are:
Monday-Saturday 8-5 p.m.
Closed Sunday
Call Melania to schedule an appointment at the # above

Jaine Blaize

Mar 14, 2008
Melania definitely does good work!

I was just going to add Melania's name when I saw your post about her! Isn't she great? I am so excited that she's in a salon and moving further east - good for her!

Just to let all others know, I?m African American and when I first moved here I was looking for a Dominican stylist to do my hair. Mainly because I?ve gone to salons here and the ones I was referred to were the kind that either put too much product in my hair, were behind when it came to the kind of relaxer they used or how they relaxed hair or they cut when I asked for a trim. When I lived in both NY and Atlanta I had Dominican stylists and they usually did a great job. By good job I mean that they will relax your hair very well and won't put a whole bunch of product in your hair making it feel stiff. You?ll leaving the salon with manageable, touchable and soft hair.
As you know Dominican hair is not far off from ours so even if you're African American (AA) and you came to this post because you googled Black hair care, let me tell you that Melania doesn't disappoint. All she asks is that you be on time and you don't play with her money! ;)

Take care,

~Jaine Blaize

S1lv1@

Sep 10, 2008
Is There a Dominican Salon in Phoenix?

Please help! I just moved to Phoenix from VA and I cant find a Dominican salon to go to! I like going to them cause they take care of every type of hair.. if anyone knows anything, please let me know!
Thanks!

Jaine Blaize

Mar 14, 2008
Your Question Was Answered In The Thread Above

Check the post above. her name in Melania Penzo and she does an excellent job. She's up on 59th Ave + Bell at Salon Boutique. The information is above. Good luck!

stejeda13

Dec 24, 2008
Hey. I read your post and was wondering if you ever found a salon. There aren't many of us out here. I just do my own hair...but nice to know there are more dominicans moving here one by one:) I've been here 5yrs so if you have any other questions I may be able to help.

stejeda13

Dec 24, 2008
DOMINICAN HAIR SALON- PROFESSIONAL HAIR CARE for all hair types, color, highlights, perms, up dos, waxing, makeovers, BY MELANIA PENZO, please, CALL FOR APPOINTMENT623-875-5339 OR 623-986-1295. MY LOCATICION IS EL MIRAGE AZ. I HAVE DE SHOP AT HOME.

I'm not far from you at all. How long have you been doing hair? I surely wish i knew sooner!