Dominican Postal Service dilemma...

Status
Not open for further replies.

bri777

Bronze
Sep 11, 2010
still
who lets their spouse go and send a stamped mail?

what happend to

"Honey I ll email , call , skype or whatever"
Manu

bri777

Bronze
Sep 11, 2010
and if something bad happened
would you not have been informed by the family?
Manu

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012
I do have a question: For how long did he say, he would be visiting his mother?

bri777

Bronze
Sep 11, 2010
I will never forget Maria

she sat next to me on the plane leaving POP to Miami
cute as a button ,no more than maybe 24 crying her eyes out
had her I pad scrolling thru pictures ,born in Sabaneta,married to a dominican ,living in Miami

he visited her in Dr for her birthday
than put her on a plane and stayed another 2 weeks without her

I so wanted to tell her ,but I didnt have the guts to

Manu

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
In today's world there is absolutely no reason not to be able to communicate with someone if you really want to. I think maybe part of the background story is missing here.

LTSteve

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
Mom, if that's what you want to call her. Probably at the Love Motel as we speak.

LTSteve

JMB773

Silver
Nov 4, 2011
How do I know if someone is receiving their mail or not. I am trying to get a message to my husband who is visiting his Mother in Santo Domingo. His phone is not working apparently. I am not sure Verizon has service there. I have written nearly every day. I have not heard from him.

Some of you people will believe anything:

Read her post VERY carefully look where she writes" I am not sure Verizon has service there" The 1st thing a suspicious wife would do is call Verizon Customer Service and say" Hello I am having trouble reaching my husband in DR and I was wondering if calls can be made to DR" and the person on the other end of the phone would have explained to her exactly where their coverage is not available and DR is not one of them.

2nd I know a lot of info about Santo Domingo and DR, but I must say I cannot begin to tell anyone how to mail a letter to Santo Domingo DR. She has all the info on how to mail a letter but she lacks other info Hmmmm!!!!!! Mailing ANYTHING over seas takes a lot of info given to the Post Office on the sender end and it is not cheap.

and Lastly and my favorite why is this Dominican NOT on Facebook?????, the quickest and easiest way to get a response from anyone on the planet is Facebook, and Dominicans LOVE Facebook they LIVE on Facebook.

And this goes out to the people on planet earth, if anyone is looking for a Dominican start with Facebook NOT DR1

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I thhink after 6 pages that JMB 773 has just covered a lot of what I noted in the OP's posts. (And folks you gotta be glad you were not drinking coffee whilst reading DV8's posts).

This is a woman so ignorant of the DR that she sends snail mail in this day and age.
This is a woman that does not even know where San Francisco de Marcoris is, for Pete's sake.
This is a woman, I will bet money on this, that married a sankey right out of the hotel she stayed in while on vacation.

So we all know or think we know what is happening here.

Some feel sorry for her. Others are gritting their teeth at her innocence. Still others are chomping at the bit to post something, and more hope that nothing has happened to the guy=-=an we know what has really happened..

I do hope she sheds some light on this.

HB

Kathty

Apr 24, 2013
I did not meet him in a hotel as you put it. Try not to judge people just because that is how you would do something! I know my husband and we have a very good relationship because we trust and love each other. I can comfortably know he is not doing what you would like to happen. This is not a drama show. It is real life and some of us got it and some don't. I don't need negative attitudes right now.

flyinroom

Silver
Aug 26, 2012
Come on people..................When the OP asks "How do I know if somebody is receiving their mail" it is pretty clear that they are referring to e-mail.
Has nobody ever found themselves wondering whether or not one's e-mail message has been received?
Is the OP for real?
I don't think so.
It all seems a little "flybynight" to me.
Just saying.

OOPS. I just went back and noticed the title re Dominican Postal Service.
So sorry.
Please disregard my know it all rant.

Rats.
Foiled again.:ermm:

JohnnyBoy

Bronze
Jun 17, 2012
I did not meet him in a hotel as you put it. Try not to judge people just because that is how you would do something! I know my husband and we have a very good relationship because we trust and love each other. I can comfortably know he is not doing what you would like to happen. This is not a drama show. It is real life and some of us got it and some don't. I don't need negative attitudes right now.

Lets think about this for a minute. Your husband is off in the DR and you have not spoke to him in three weeks and you are asking a group of strangers about the Dominican Postal Service? You could have googled it. The Dominican Post Office sucks. Did your hubby recently get his green card? Seems like some trouble in paradise May not be a drama show but you have yourself some drama.
Good Luck to You

Last edited by a moderator:

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i cannot imagine having a very good relationship because we trust and love each other and not hearing back from hubby weeks. i see trouble in this little paradise.

oh well, try FB indeed, especially his friends/family in DR. or come down here and see for yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.