Dominican Postal Service dilemma...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
"He doesn't have a computer" is no excuse. There is no corner of the DR and much less anywhere near San Francisco de Macoris that does not have an internet center/call center. Period.

The guy had better be dead or on life support because you should kill him after this little escapade!!

This whole thing is absurd...

Thank's to DV8 for some good humor....

HB

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"None Are Sooooooooooooooooooooo Blind, as
Those Who WILL NOT See!"
AND, what's up with the spelling of her "Name"?
"Kathty"
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Dec 26, 2011
"None Are Sooooooooooooooooooooo Blind, as
Those Who WILL NOT See!"
AND, what's up with the spelling of her "Name"?
"Kathty"
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Maybe Yunior couldn't take it anymore. He's like, "Yudelkis, Xiomaira, Britannia, Dinorina, Confesadora. To bien. Pero Kathty. Co?azo."

flyinroom

Silver
Aug 26, 2012
[video=youtube;PkhPuH8G5Hg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=PkhPuH8G5Hg[/video]

lol.:)

flyinroom

Silver
Aug 26, 2012
[video=youtube;Hox-ni8geIw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hox-ni8geIw&feature=player_detailpage[/video]

Postal service....Who needs it?

Aguaita29

Silver
Jul 27, 2011
Kathy, If your husband is alive and well, and nothing has happenned to him, you should know that he has absolutely no regard for you.
When a Dominican man cares, he will move a mountain just to talk to you. It doesn`t matter if has no computer;There`s internet "centers" all over the DR where you can use a computer for less than 20 pesos an hour!! Friends and relatives will also offer to let you use their computers.

I hope you just don`t let this pass and forgive him easily, because if you do you are in for a life of incidents just like this one!

Aguaita29

Silver
Jul 27, 2011
Kathy, snail mail can take 6 months to arrive, IF it ever actually gets there. San Francisco de Macoris has been busy with a strike/protest too.

6 months? When I send or receive mail to/from the U.S. it takes about 10 days with regular snail mail!

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012
In this day and age, who writes a letter with all the modern technology? That is so yesterday!

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
6 months? When I send or receive mail to/from the U.S. it takes about 10 days with regular snail mail!

I've sent Christmas cards that arrived the following July. To Santo Domingo, not some out-of-the-way campo. Others have never arrived at all.

Lobo Tropical

Silver
Aug 21, 2010
I agree, but it's not that unusual. Mr. AE took many trips alone to DR to visit family when our kids were still in school, and once a Dominican gets on their home soil the rest of the world often disappears. The difference is that I had all of my in-law's phone #'s [this was before widespread cell use] and could reach him if I needed to.

If I love and care for my wife I would contact her on the day of arrival, or at the latest the next day.
I guess some people care more, or don't require news of a safe arrival.
He may be busy with more important diversions than his wife???:cry:

Lobo Tropical

Silver
Aug 21, 2010
i remember the thread from the guy who did not hear a while from his brother in santiago and came to DR only to find out his brother was killed in an accident...

In which case a moderately intelligent and sentient relative would contact the wife, which would also happen if he never arrived at home............ well for normal humans.

Lobo Tropical

Silver
Aug 21, 2010
I find that most latinos and latinas believe that with their superior intellect that they can fool any gringo with a stupid excuse.

Which may be true in some cases, But it always strikes me as the supreme joke.
Like the last runner in a race, being so far behind that he thinks he's fist because he sees no one else.:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.