Dominican Stuff in Montreal??!!

Milagro02

Sep 29, 2004
restaurant and barberia

On Beaubien street almost on the corner of St-Laurent you will find the Barberia, in front a new dominican restaurant (athough small) called J & J, but is really good and on the next corner there's a kinda comunity center (dominican style) with dominoes on tables and stuff.
This morning on my way to work I saw a note on the board that there will be baseball Sat 4pm and Sun 1pm at Pere Marquette park (on Bellechasse between ChColomb and Papineau).

By the way, the barberia on Belanger just east of Iberville is owned by Francisco (francisquito) speak french very well as he went to elementary school here so I guess he as a lot of years in Montreal.

don't forget Domincan day at festival amerique latine at jean drapeau park on saturday

Nov 16, 2005
WWW.TRANS-PAQ.COM
Trans-paq, inc

franberu said:
At 419 Belanger Street you have a company owned by a dominican woman which makes money transfers to DR. The fees are much less than with Western Union and it is very efficient. It is called: Montreal Transpaq. They also sells phone cards.
We send money anywhere in the dominican repulblic, all cities and towns.
with caribe express. where they have a outlet we can deliver................
We charge 2.5% +$1.50 per order $us. or if you prefer to recieve in $us 2.5$ +2.5% , ex. 100.00 us to recieve in us it is 5.00$us to send .
Our phone cards are sold at $4.50 or if you buy 5 or more 4.25. if you need more info on location or prices please do not hesitate to call us...............
ask for
Claudia or Belen

Nov 16, 2005
WWW.TRANS-PAQ.COM
Cafe Santo Domingo

hollywood north said:
Can you please tell me which shops and where thay are that carry Cafe Santo Domingo? I wd like to pick some up next time I am back......(Montreal is really my home town by birth)[/Q

We are the only company authorized in Quebec to sell the coffee..............
you can contact us at transpaq_inc@hotmail.com
for prices ,located at 419 belanger e , montreal que

Nov 16, 2005
WWW.TRANS-PAQ.COM
montrealhispano.net

claudiapoopie@hotmail.com said:
We send money anywhere in the dominican repulblic, all cities and towns.
with caribe express. where they have a outlet we can deliver................
We charge 2.5% +$1.50 per order $us. or if you prefer to recieve in $us 2.5$ +2.5% , ex. 100.00 us to recieve in us it is 5.00$us to send .
Our phone cards are sold at $4.50 or if you buy 5 or more 4.25. if you need more info on location or prices please do not hesitate to call us...............
ask for
Claudia or Belen
if you need more info on prices or references
look at montrealhispano.net we have great references and if you download the coupon you will recieve the discount on all purchases or transfers.

Jasper

Bronze
Jan 10, 2002
books in spanish at public library

several hundred books in spanish available for children and adults at Cote des Neiges public library on cote des neiges near queen mary beside the Renaud Bray bookstore and across the street from the metro.

montreal

Bronze
Apr 17, 2006
Sosua...Sold

It's official, Sosua has been sold to a Bosnian!!! They are going back to DR for a while. They might reopen in a little while but in LAVAL. They said they will call their patrons if ever this happens.

I am very sad, this was my favourite restaurant. Now where will I get my fix of tostones and habichuelas guisado? Apparantly they wanted to sell to dominicans-but no luck!

Does anyone know of a suitable replacement?

montreal

Bronze
Apr 17, 2006
J and R

Thanks I'll check it out. Do you know what corner it's on? Is it take-out or a sit down place like Sosua.

Thanks again.

Nov 16, 2005
WWW.TRANS-PAQ.COM
We order from them almost 2 times a week, the food is great ! But I don't know if they have a sit down or just take out, or order like we do.
But what I do know , is that if you order around 12:30 and you don't live too far away the food is there within 30 minutes. Price per plate is about $10.00 including Main Entree, salad , some kind of rice usually a choice of 3 kinds, arroz blanco, con abuecuelas, or frijoles, o moro.
platanos fritos, and to top it off they have great fresh juices.
Hope that helps out , Anyways we are 6 employees and we order 4 plates between us, and we always have leftovers.

franberu

Apr 5, 2002
How about El Rincon Dominicano in Montreal?

El Rincon Dominicano serves pollo frito o guisado, Moro, Chuleta, chicharonnes, chivo, tostones, Bacalao et mucho mas. You will find it at 59 Beaubien East. It is owned ...by Jonathan Santos... 514-948-5459

molivero8

Aug 31, 2007
Dominicans in Montreal

Need help, I am trying to go to Montreal for the weekend of Oct. 5th - 7th and don't know where to go. I want to find Dominican night clubs, restaurants, etc. Which is the Dominican area in Montreal, since it's my first time going to Canada in general?

fiestahoy

Oct 17, 2007
It's official, Sosua has been sold to a Bosnian!!! They are going back to DR for a while. They might reopen in a little while but in LAVAL. They said they will call their patrons if ever this happens.

I am very sad, this was my favourite restaurant. Now where will I get my fix of tostones and habichuelas guisado? Apparantly they wanted to sell to dominicans-but no luck!

Does anyone know of a suitable replacement?

El nuevo Restaurant Santo Domingo sera complacerte.

State: Quebec
City: Montr?al
Postal Address: 1376, rue Beaubien Est
ZIP / Postal Code: H2G 1K9
Map / route: View map / route
Phone Number: 514-270-4221
Contact Person: Rosa.

O visita el sitio web Montreal Hispano - Directorio Comercial Hispano de Empresas en Montreal es un trasero de informaciones sobre muchas que usted esta buscando.

DominicanCity

Feb 5, 2010
Wow

I was really surprised with this information. I cant believe the dominican community is spreading out world wide. Honestly I only thought dominicans were in Europe and The East coast. But just a question, are there any dominican neighborhoods out there in Montreal like for example, here in NY we have washington heights, in spain they have cuatro caminos. Examples like that.

Marianopolita

Former Spanish forum Mod 2010-2021
Dec 26, 2003
Dominican concentrated areas but not neighbourhoods per se...

I wouldn't say there are Dominican neighbourhoods but there are areas where Dominicans predominantly live. Montreal North, East and especially La peque?a italia have the bulk of the Dominican concentration. Major streets like Jean Talon, Beaubien, Rue B?langer, St. Laurent, St. Denis, St. Hubert, Rue Lajeunesse, Fabr?, Christophe Colombe etc. and the corresponding cross streets are significant Dominican concentrated neighbourhoods.

There are many Dominican owned businesses in those areas such as hair salons, restaurants, nightclubs, and barber shops.

Come to the merengue festival. It's every July sponsored by the Dominican community of Montreal. It's a huge successful event once the weather holds up. It draws crowds from everywhere and is well supported by all Lations in Montreal.

In the summer there is a major cultural festival every weekend at Parc Jean Drapeau. The merengue festival is traditionally the third weekend in July although last year they changed it to the first weekend. Stay tuned for the dates this year. A priliminary website is already under construction. Since you live in New York it's a six hour drive down I-87 north all the way to the Pont Champlain (Champlain Bridge) into Montreal.

Festival_Merengue_de Montre?al_Accueil

-MP.