Dominican Stuff in Montreal??!!

DominicanCity

Feb 5, 2010
About how many ?

about how many Dominicans live in Montreal give me an estimated number, I know this sounds retarded but I might as well move over there to keep the nation strong. Montreal does look like a very lovely city.

Last edited by a moderator:

Marianopolita

Former Spanish forum Mod 2010-2021
Dec 26, 2003
Call the consulate-

I have a ballpark figure in mind but I would not post it here without a link to concrete stats. However, to give you an idea of Montreal?s population, which is much smaller than NYC and greater area, the city has approximately 1.8 million people and the total greater metropolitan area has approx. 3.6 million. It?s a very culturally diverse city and the Latin population in general is visible. Bilingualism English/ French is required for work in most jobs (high percentage) and after these two languages Spanish is quite prevalent (especially in certain areas). My suggestion is to call the Dominican consulate in Montreal if you really want to get some stats.

Dominican Consulate in Montreal

Montreal is a great city and has its +/- just like many great cities around the world. Compared to NYC, the biggest differences would be the population size and density, the weather (Montreal winters are cold and with a lot of snow), cost of living and crime. The crime rate in Montreal is very low which is really incredible compared to other cities with the same population more or less. Cost of living is very affordable and commensurate with the average salary earned. The social culture is top notch, one of the best in North America in my opinion.

I suggest you start visiting since it?s not that far away from NYC. An hour plane ride is the fastest way to get from NYC to Montreal. If you like it, visit often and at different times during the year so you see the city in all seasons. Stay longer than a weekend or a few days. Who knows if you end up liking it, then you can think of long range plans. However, moving to Montreal just because of its fair size Dominican community is not a good reason. You would certainly have to start learning French. It?s quite an impressive trilingual city. It?s a matter of survival if anything else.

-MP.

dougiej

Jan 29, 2007
Our family summer trip has always been to montreal. It is the closest thing to europe in Canada. There is so much to do. The amount of history is staggering. I'll be there in July, and can't wait to eat good.

La Mariposa

Bronze
Jun 4, 2004
Our family summer trip has always been to montreal. It is the closest thing to europe in Canada. There is so much to do. The amount of history is staggering. I'll be there in July, and can't wait to eat good.

The closest city to Europe in Canada is Quebec city