Dominicans and the Crack culture.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

La La Land

Dec 19, 2005
Pingu said:
La La Land,

It is clear that you have had one hell of a tragic life. First you marry a crackhead. Bad enough decision already. Then, you have the nerve to tell me I need anger management when your idealistic case is evidently filled with more rant than mine. You see ONE man go from addict to recovered crackhead and you think you've ceased the moral high ground because you have "hope." Well, I could care less about a fool like you who posts on-line that I should get my ass kicked. If you had any sense, you wouldn't write something as childish as that and secondly, you'd watch your mouth.

BTW You're right, "Shut The Fcuk up" is not mature. Its an aggressive pharase I say to idealistic idiots like you who wants everyone to hug, kiss, and cuddle with this world's negative vortex. Maybe this is why you chose your screen name to be "La La Land." It is clear that this is where you reside.

This thread is officially irrelavant as people don't STATE FACTS. They state what they FEEL about the facts. Can anyone PLEASE post anything relavant to the Dominican Crack Culture and not how you feel about the damned drug already??

YEP I am in LA LA Land because I am 43 years old, self made person who does not have to work for a living anymore..I am moving to the DR and want to learn more about life in the DR.. that is why I come to DR1.com...If YOU have anything to add about the DOMINICAN REPUBLIC CRACK CULTURE SPILL IT...

By the way...THERE WOULD NOT BE A NEGATIVE VORTEX IF THERE WERE NOT SO MANY DRUGS..But the FACTS are: Drugs Kill and ruin lives..MY Husband (Actually my BOYFRIEND I am not LEGALLY married because I want him STRAIGHT not on drugs before I risk my lifestyle further...) He is a terrific GOOD LOOKING... DOMINICAN MAN...WHO IS PART OF THE DOMINICAN CRACK CULTURE and wants to CLEAN up his act so we can live in the Dominican Republic... I have not had a trajic life but a life filled with trying to help people..THAT IS WHO I AM..For whatever reason you have anger at everyone on here because we do not want to say YEAH KING PIN DRUG DEALERS BOUGHT A NEW FERARRI or the street level drug dealer can get GOLD capped teeth YEAH he looks so much better than your ordinary drug dealer now..he has status...You sure do CARE about what I say because you reply every chance you get..Go back into your REALISTIC non feeling hole if you want.. When you have no HOPE you end up a drug addict or bum..Ask any down and out drug addict..THEY LOST HOPE..Something you should already know about since you are so wise..By the way I am not into kicking a**es..I was just getting down to your level of maturity so you would understand you are a jerk of sorts..:) Pam aka HOPE FILLED FOOL...:)

La La Land

Dec 19, 2005
PINQU???...PINGU?? What kind of DRUGS are you on with a name like that..

LA LA LAND is for HAPPY people and you are not invited! LOL :) PAM

Joshua R

Jan 2, 2006
Scandall said:
You are correct. You couldn't have. Because you have been failed by not only your family (which, I admit, I could be wrong about) but your teachers. I am sure about the teacher part. Your arguments are incoherent and without logic. I feel bad for you. I truly do.

Scandall

aww well thank you for your concern about my family and my education i really do scandell.....i mean i wish i had someone as great of a teacher as you really i do. with you i might get a good enough education to get me out of the streets who knows. But the funny thing is that as educated as you may be and how older or "wiser" if if you may,i could still whoop your monkey @ss hahaha really its truley amazing :rambo:

La La Land

Dec 19, 2005
Joshua R said:
aww well thank you for your concern about my family and my education i really do scandell.....i mean i wish i had someone as great of a teacher as you really i do. with you i might get a good enough education to get me out of the streets who knows. But the funny thing is that as educated as you may be and how older or "wiser" if if you may,i could still whoop your monkey @ss hahaha really its truley amazing :rambo:

WHOOP YOUR MONKEY @ss...Does your mother know you are on the internet unsupervised?? LA LA LA LA LA :) PAM NOW I AM BEING CHILDISH..Fun while it lasted! Peace out....

tht

Master of my own fate.
Oct 10, 2002
Planet Earth
Here's a fact relevant to the Dominican COKE BUSINESS Culture. Quirino was shipping coke to feed his two wifes and ten kids................................................................

kapitan75

Jun 3, 2005
roots of dominican drug culture

I believe in the root's of DDC,you would find the real reasons.Me growing up in a large dominican community I could blame it on parenting and status.most of the dealers were boys who grew up stealing car stereos and robbing people. also gun dealing. ive seen how a father would force his 12 years old son to ride with him and committ crimes. building that status to a "BADASS' I happen to be fortunate that i was able to not care about the status of being the "BADASS". I had loving family and no necessity of "making alot of money".support,guidance and having good role models is always important.
in my neighborhood, Entire extended families were involved in "street stuff".From money laundering, gun dealing,car rings,and moving "blow". columbians ,puerto ricans,cubans and italians were our neighbors. this history goes back to the 60's, and generations into this lifestyle make it what it is.
dominicans were heavy in the drug culture(coke).from the 80's till present.uptown, the 4 boros of nyc is were the history lies. People were making money, spending it carelessly,and doing hard time at a young age.

illwill76

Oct 11, 2005
Some of you have no idea.You prey on the weak and uneducated but forget about who allows the drugs to be brought into this country (the U.S.A could stop it if they wanted to but they are the biggest drug dealers of them all!) or the many obstacles that many young men or women of color are born with. Since the beginning of this slave country minorities have been forced to find a away to achieve the finer things in life nothing was giving to us on a silver plate. I’m sorry to ramble on and on but when I read a post from people who either have no experience in this world or are only affected by it because someone was weak enough to get caught out it kills me. A lot of you men & women on this thread made a lot of racially driven comments and it just further justifys the phrase to me that we are all not created equal. How could anyone dispute the fact that not having a father figure or positive role models in your life does not affect you in a society that was built on your destruction and demise so say what you guys and girls want to say but the real criminals and scumbags are the ones who sit in that nice buildings in D.C and ignore the cries of help from us minorities

Last edited:

RHM

Doctor of Diplomacy
Sep 23, 2002
www.thecandidacy.com
illwill76 said:
Some of you have no idea.You prey on the weak and uneducated but forget about who allows the drugs to be brought into this country (the U.S.A could stop it if they wanted to but they are the biggest drug dealers of them all!) or the many obstacles that many young men or women of color are born with. Since the beginning of this slave country minorities have been forced to find a away to achieve the finer things in life nothing was giving to us on a silver plate. I?m sorry to ramble on and on but when I read a post from people who either have no experience in this world or are only affected by it because someone was weak enough to get caught out it kills me. A lot of you men & women on this thread made a lot of racially driven comments and it just further justifys the phrase to me that we are all not created equal. How could anyone dispute the fact that not having a father figure or positive role models in your life does not affect you in a society that was built on your destruction and demise so say what you guys and girls want to say but the real criminals and scumbags are the ones who sit in that nice buildings in D.C and ignore the cries of help from us minorities

I have not seen one post denying the criminality of the government or the upper class. The subject of the post was ABOUT lower classes and minorities. You are hearing what you want to hear and presenting arguments on behalf of people. And I don't mind saying that your response is "typical".

Nobody said that rich people and politicians etc. were guilt free. Read the posts and the original subject before you go on tirades implying that we are all snobby racists.

Scandall

jruane44

Bronze
Jul 2, 2004
A, A
illwill76 said:
Some of you have no idea.You prey on the weak and uneducated but forget about who allows the drugs to be brought into this country (the U.S.A could stop it if they wanted to but they are the biggest drug dealers of them all!) or the many obstacles that many young men or women of color are born with. Since the beginning of this slave country minorities have been forced to find a away to achieve the finer things in life nothing was giving to us on a silver plate. I’m sorry to ramble on and on but when I read a post from people who either have no experience in this world or are only affected by it because someone was weak enough to get caught out it kills me. A lot of you men & women on this thread made a lot of racially driven comments and it just further justifys the phrase to me that we are all not created equal. How could anyone dispute the fact that not having a father figure or positive role models in your life does not affect you in a society that was built on your destruction and demise so say what you guys and girls want to say but the real criminals and scumbags are the ones who sit in that nice buildings in D.C and ignore the cries of help from us minorities
I don't think anyone disputes the lack of a father figure or a positive role model in your life will affect ones outcome in life. People need to stop blaming others for their problems. Step up and take resposibility for your kids and show them how to be responsible people in society. Get off the slavery kick. That is played out and I don't know anyone that ever owned a slave. Stop blaming D.C. for problems in the minority community. The problem with D.C. is that they do too much and make some people dependent on them. Just because someone does not agree with you does not make them a racist either.

illwill76

Oct 11, 2005
I Should Have Seen It Coming!

jruane44 said:
I don't think anyone disputes the lack of a father figure or a positive role model in your life will affect ones outcome in life. People need to stop blaming others for their problems. Step up and take resposibility for your kids and show them how to be responsible people in society. Get off the slavery kick. That is played out and I don't know anyone that ever owned a slave. Stop blaming D.C. for problems in the minority community. The problem with D.C. is that they do too much and make some people dependent on them. Just because someone does not agree with you does not make them a racist either.

First things first Scandall some things do not need to be speculated about just like I knew from reading other post you would definitely have something to say or would try to discredit another members opinion. I was stating an opinion I did not say that someone brought up the government or upper class. And as far as you implying that I think some of the members are snobby racist some of them are and their posts (not particular on this thread) shows it.

Secondly Jruane I'm sorry for making this a race issue but it is. When you mentioned getting off the slave kick that is the problem with Americans they want to forget things that happened put it like this Jruane there is laws that was invented in the 1800's that were devised to keep the African in line sorry to inform you but some of these same laws apply in this modern day that we live in. And you might not know of any slave owners but I hate to break any ground breaking news to you but it actually still does exist. And I am sorry if you got the impression that if someone does not agree with me I think they are racist because I do not think that way but when comments are made you know what forget it your right I’m wrong slavery was not bad and it had no affect on generations after generations of people and yeah your right the government helps all of us equally. You do know I was trying to be sarcastic right Jruane. One more thing I apologize to all DR1 members this thread was about Dominicans and narcotics and I took it to left field please forgive me :nervous:

Jan 5, 2006
illwill, I'm sorry, but that's a bunch of bs! Go back and read my previous post if you want to know where I'm speaking from, and you'll see that despite all the obstacles that you claim; some real and some exagerated; anyone, and I mean anyone, whether you're caucasian, hispanic, african american or purple, can make it big if they work hard enough without having to resort to selling drugs.

Sure there are obstacles, but if you really want to, you can work your way around them. When I got to the US at age 12, I knew less than 100 words of English, yet, 6 years later I was attending one of the most prestigious universities in the US on a full academic scholarship. I didn't do that because anyone handed me anything on a silver platter, but because I worked my butt off for something that I really wanted. I could have resorted to selling drugs as approximately 80% of my friends did, but I made a personal decision to do the right thing, and that's something that anyone else can do!

Lissa

Aug 7, 2003
www.lldesigndr.com
Joshua R said:
accually no joke but my uncle was the one who invented crack and brought it to cuba. they mention him in the book, his name was Yayo and that were you get the crack nickname " yayo" from. Keep your nose clean guys...
Hi Joshua did your uncle yayo or your family owns a big house in the way up to Puerto Plata, somebody told me the owner of that house (in the left side of the road, heading to POP) was the guy that invented the crack... Would you be so kind to clarify this for me please, many thanks
Lissa

RHM

Doctor of Diplomacy
Sep 23, 2002
www.thecandidacy.com
illwill76 said:
First things first Scandall some things do not need to be speculated about just like I knew from reading other post you would definitely have something to say or would try to discredit another members opinion. I was stating an opinion I did not say that someone brought up the government or upper class. And as far as you implying that I think some of the members are snobby racist some of them are and their posts (not particular on this thread) shows it.

I don't discredit other's opinions. Opinions are opinions. But I will , and do, discredit illogical arguments. Please be aware that the post of yours that I responded to started with the words:

"Some of you have no idea.You prey on the weak and uneducated but forget about who allows the drugs to be brought into this country (the U.S.A could stop it if they wanted to but they are the biggest drug dealers of them all!) or the many obstacles that many young men or women of color are born with."

I do not "prey" on anybody and have not "forgotten" about who lets the drugs in. And neither had anything to do with the original subject. You assumed too much. Now go ahead and tell me how I couldn't possible understand the plight that "people of color" are born into. As if you know anything about me.

Scandall

Joshua R

Jan 2, 2006
Lissa said:
Hi Joshua did your uncle yayo or your family owns a big house in the way up to Puerto Plata, somebody told me the owner of that house (in the left side of the road, heading to POP) was the guy that invented the crack... Would you be so kind to clarify this for me please, many thanks
Lissa

Honestly i dont really know because he had so many houses so i cant really answer you question. i mean he might of had land up there but im not sure sorry:ermm:

Joshua R

Jan 2, 2006
Scandall said:
I have not seen one post denying the criminality of the government or the upper class. The subject of the post was ABOUT lower classes and minorities. You are hearing what you want to hear and presenting arguments on behalf of people. And I don't mind saying that your response is "typical".

Nobody said that rich people and politicians etc. were guilt free. Read the posts and the original subject before you go on tirades implying that we are all snobby racists.

Scandall
accually not to be a prick or anything but umm the subject is about domincans and the crack culture sooo he's correct.....and your not:classic:

Exxtol

Jun 27, 2005
Scandall said:

Scandall

In her defense she did say "some" and "a lot", not all--ya me voy.

samanasuenos

Bronze
Oct 5, 2005
I would like to apologize if I offended anyone, especially Pam. I did not mean to make any racist comments. I did not mean to defend drug dealers. Perhaps I could have thought out my response a bit longer. I will try to do that in the future.

Pam, I understand that you have had a rough time. I commend you for your persistence, faith and commitment to your marriage.

I agree with foks who have pointed out that many dealers are white and or/middle to upper class.

I will, however, repeat that if we want the (small) dealers to choose other jobs, we need to do something tollure them there. Just calling them scum s not going to make them or their up and coming younger brothers want to be different. Breaking away from peer pressure is tough. We need to give them some role models, positive reinforcement, and mentoring if we want the trend to stop.

It is easy to call names and to agree that dealers are scum.

The challenge, and where we can better focus our mental and physical energy is in trying to figure out how to get folks (would-be dealers) to choose other ways of making money.

Any suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.