Dominicans and the Crack culture.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

neverlost

*** Sin Bin ***
Jun 7, 2004
Whoa!!! I Sure Hope You're Not Latino!!!!

jruane44 said:
I don't think anyone disputes the lack of a father figure or a positive role model in your life will affect ones outcome in life. People need to stop blaming others for their problems. Step up and take resposibility for your kids and show them how to be responsible people in society. Get off the slavery kick. That is played out and I don't know anyone that ever owned a slave. Stop blaming D.C. for problems in the minority community. The problem with D.C. is that they do too much and make some people dependent on them. Just because someone does not agree with you does not make them a racist either.

Blacks,Blacks,Blacks.Didja read about WHO STARTED the Crack Plaque initial post, small fry?? I Think you need a Reality Check.Here comes some cold water!

[splash!!]

http://www.nytimes.com/library/natio...nerip-cops.htm

easygoin

Bronze
Jan 2, 2005
Bring another aboard....NEXT

I'm sick of hearing, drug dealers, Raper's, child molesters, and murderers,.... having a second trial.

Just hang them... and put on national television after hours.... and you will see crime rate go down....NEXT.

RHM

Doctor of Diplomacy
Sep 23, 2002
www.thecandidacy.com
neverlost said:
Blacks,Blacks,Blacks.Didja read about WHO STARTED the Crack Plaque initial post, small fry?? I Think you need a Reality Check.Here comes some cold water!

[splash!!]

http://www.nytimes.com/library/natio...nerip-cops.htm

Are you Josh's uncle? I would think he writes like you.

Booyah! Snap!

Pitiful...and instead of arguing who is to blame...it is unbelievable that we cannot come to a consenus that it is 100% wrong. Instead we throw accusations...assign blame and dodge responsibility. Sad.

Scandall

samanasuenos

Bronze
Oct 5, 2005
Interesting link to an article

http://www.racematters.org/harlemcopsdontdiscussrace.htm

I just did a Google on Dominican Drug Dealers, and here is one of many interesting links that it pulled up.

This article is called "Harlem Cops Don't Discuss Race."

The most provocative part comes near the end of the long article, and here it is. This is a Ny detective who is from the RD, talking about how Dominican boys/kids make choices about drug dealing based on certain poverty and the lure of riches from drug money....

"You drive around the D. R.," he said, "and in the middle of rows of shacks, you see one big house, a big car, a satellite dish, and you know it's drug money. These Dominican kids see it, too, and they have no other way and they take a chance. Most are not bad people. They come up humble, country people. It's a choice of living in a shack or getting something better for their families."

--- Suenos exiting prior to feeding frenzy in the Barracuda Tank ...

neverlost

*** Sin Bin ***
Jun 7, 2004
Scandall said:

Booyah! Snap!

Pitiful...and instead of arguing who is to blame...it is unbelievable that we cannot come to a consenus that it is 100% wrong. Instead we throw accusations...assign blame and dodge responsibility. Sad.

Scandall

That was me writing in frustration, but tell me who said that drug dealing is right anyway?? All I'm saying is burn the fields in Columbia and Mexico, don't only hang the goon who sell $200 worth crack a night. Who still smoke crack in 2006 any way?? Crack is Dead!

Jan 5, 2006
samanasuenos said:
"You drive around the D. R.," he said, "and in the middle of rows of shacks, you see one big house, a big car, a satellite dish, and you know it's drug money. These Dominican kids see it, too, and they have no other way and they take a chance. Most are not bad people. They come up humble, country people. It's a choice of living in a shack or getting something better for their families."

Wrong! It's a choice of the perceived quick, easy money, or hard, honest work. Even the kid in the shack has a chance to get a good education and make something great of himself. I have seen the latter done plenty of times.

Joshua R

Jan 2, 2006
ok look if you guys hate drug dealers so much then dont point your fingure on the small fry street corner dealer... but blame the gov'ts that support and really keep the drug trade alive. now i know what you guys might be thinking " o shut the f*uck up you don't know what your talking about, your ignorant, dumb,stupid what ever floats your boat. but this has been avident for hundreds of years now the opium trade with asia and europe , big city cops being bribed by the big time dope players controling the area, columbia's gov'y making a profit from the distribution of drugs, the list goes on and on the gov't dealers are really the ones to blame because they have the power to stop it but they're too busy wacking off behind their desk. i mean look whos the president of the US! bush the crack head

Joshua R

Jan 2, 2006
Scandall said:

Booyah! Snap!

Scandall

sah! vete punchar mierda mama?ema

RHM

Doctor of Diplomacy
Sep 23, 2002
www.thecandidacy.com
Joshua R said:
ok look if you guys hate drug dealers so much then dont point your fingure on the small fry street corner dealer... but blame the gov'ts that support and really keep the drug trade alive. now i know what you guys might be thinking " o shut the f*uck up you don't know what your talking about, your ignorant, dumb,stupid what ever floats your boat. but this has been avident for hundreds of years now the opium trade with asia and europe , big city cops being bribed by the big time dope players controling the area, columbia's gov'y making a profit from the distribution of drugs, the list goes on and on the gov't dealers are really the ones to blame because they have the power to stop it but they're too busy wacking off behind their desk. i mean look whos the president of the US! bush the crack head

Just when I think your arguments can't get any worse...

Yes. Some cops are corrupt and so are some politicians...

But hey...they just be doin' what they think they gotta do to sahvive, yo.

We are talking about the "dealer on the corner" because "Dominicans in the crack culture" have not yet graduated to other positions.

Bush the crack head? wow...you are so ill informed...but do a little bit of research...Mayor Marion Barry (Washington D.C.) recently tested positive for coke in his sytem...

Pathetic. Ignorant. Sad.

Scandall

Joshua R

Jan 2, 2006
accually bush was cought passing the speed limit and yes he did test positive for DUI. and the sad part is scandall you and half of the wannabe's here dont know **** on whats going on in the urban enviroment of the US you guys are basicly stereotyping dope traders in that they all are lazy and want to earn a quick buck but if you go more in depth you would see that the majority of the drug dealers hold an average job the drugs are a second income

RHM

Doctor of Diplomacy
Sep 23, 2002
www.thecandidacy.com
Joshua R said:
accually bush was cought passing the speed limit and yes he did test positive for DUI. and the sad part is scandall you and half of the wannabe's here dont know **** on whats going on in the urban enviroment of the US you guys are basicly stereotyping dope traders in that they all are lazy and want to earn a quick buck but if you go more in depth you would see that the majority of the drug dealers hold an average job the drugs are a second income

Josh,

I have thoroughly enjoyed our conversations. But I am sad to say that it is over. I feel like I need to post with other people.

It's not you...it's me. I've changed.

Best of luck to you,

Scandall

La La Land

Dec 19, 2005
Sad but crack is still alive...

neverlost said:
That was me writing in frustration, but tell me who said that drug dealing is right anyway?? All I'm saying is burn the fields in Columbia and Mexico, don't only hang the goon who sell $200 worth crack a night. Who still smoke crack in 2006 any way?? Crack is Dead!

CRACK is not dead by far...Yeah SOME do not smoke crack ANYMORE they are all METH HEADS now..That is one way to rid the US of crack heads..SELL them METH...My neighbor is a farmer who has lived and worked his family land all his life. He is 49 yrs old (looks no less than 70) and he is now on METH for 16 months. (Told me so this past week). He was on CRACK several years and went to buy crack and they only sold METH. SO you have some valid points, but many crack people even have enough sense NOT to try Meth..That is a no win situation and makes crack look mild...

As for giving role models for the next generation of THUGS and dope pedelers...EDUCATION is where it is at..Give the kids an education and make them have some PRIDE in themselves and they should do fine.... Someone instilled into kids that they have to have Tommy Hilfiger everything or some other equally as obnoxious label to be popular...Kids are being railroaded and therefor feel the need to have CASH to buy expensive shoes etc..Therefor some deal drugs..That is sad to say the least.

If kids in the Dominican Republic are swayed due to the only nice home being a drug dealers house then people willl have to figure out how to instill something else into their heads to save them from taking the "High" road. My Dominican man shined shoes when he was a kid in the DR...He worked hard all his life in the DR, came to America and got hooked on drugs after never even hearing of drugs until he got to NY...

Oh well, when I get to the DR I will hire the kids to do work on my farm and try to keep some from turning into thugs...If everyone helped one kid it may make a difference in the long run. :) Pam

Hey Georgie Boy Bush is a product of higher than average income, spoiled and catered too and he has his problems but he was elected to be the head of this god forsaken country....He is doing what he can and is only one person...but I doubt he is on drugs...

Thanks Samanasuenos (sp? sorry) I am a glutten for punishment some say but I believe people can change..I am going to visit my Dominican man as he is in New Orleans building homes and if he behaves as he appears to be doing...all will be well! :) Thanks again, :) PAM

Last edited:

Joshua R

Jan 2, 2006
La La Land said:
Hey Georgie Boy Bush is a product of higher than average income, spoiled and catered too and he has his problems but he was elected to be the head of this god forsaken country....He is doing what he can and is only one person...but I doubt he is on drugs...

Chick! bush is as high as a kite !

drbill

Dec 3, 2005
Scandall, I envy you your sense of altruism and fair play (and serious free time), treating Joshua as if he/she were a grown-up. I had a 6th-grade teacher like that...

Jan 5, 2006
Joshua R said:
Chick! bush is as high as a kite !

Fact 1 - GW is a recovering alcoholic.

Fact 2. When questioned about it, GW refused to deny his use of cocaine. Many people view his refusal to say no as a yes answer.

Fact 3. GW has many typical manerisms of someone under the influence of narcotics. (opinion - If he isn't, he has a serious a serious neurological disorder.)

Exxtol

Jun 27, 2005
Interesting viewpoints

I am always so amused with my fellow americans. We are the first to pick at the morality of drug trafficking, yet condone the use and selling of another drug that i am almost certain kills more americans directly/indirectly than marijuana, heroine, cocaine, or crack............alcohol. IMO just because alcohol can be bought and sold legally does not make it any more or less detrimental than other drugs.

An even more importantly--the fact of the matter is..........it's not the drugs destroying communities, it's the instability, economic strangulation, and social isolation that was there to begin with. Yes drug abuse is more common in poorer communities, but i seriously doubt drug use is. What we need to be asking ourselves is why are people abusing the drugs in these communities.

Often times i find people aren't too concerned with figuring out the why--we(myself included) would much rather play the blame game and justify why we aren't to blame ourselves. People are dying in these communities every day. Kids are being failed in the school systems. It's funny how our hearts bleed for the children in these communities.....until they turn 18. Then suddenly it becomes their fault, their problem, and their future. We say to ourselves, if "my dad could do it, why can't they". Although in many ways that point is valid, we're relying on a reality flaw. The fact of the matter is even IF everybody in the "hood" worked hard and wanted to succeed, they couldn't--the lack of resources makes that an impossibility.

As someone mentioned earlier........if there is money to be made, drugs are going to be sold--we do after all live in a capitalistic society. And although the drug dealers of Compton, Watts, and Washington Heights are perhaps a perverted version of their contempararies in corporate america, they are all striving towards the same goal--to achieve the material wealth that is so casually thrown in their faces day after day, but continually denied. We could have a debate on the morality of this issue until the end of time, but that is still not going to change things.

Last edited:

Joshua R

Jan 2, 2006
drbill said:
Scandall, I envy you your sense of altruism and fair play (and serious free time), treating Joshua as if he/she were a grown-up. I had a 6th-grade teacher like that...

yeh umm drbill im a guy so yeh dont be putting no she there. second of all i dont care if you "grown ups" treat me like a teen like i give what your old @ss thinks of me. HEY! i got a suggestion how about you and sacandell go have a jolly ol' time playing nurse and patient together

Joshua R

Jan 2, 2006
Exxtol said:
As someone mentioned earlier........if there is money to be made, drugs are going to be sold--we do after all live in a capitalistic society. And although the drug dealers of Compton, Watts, and Washington Heights are perhaps a perverted version of their contempararies in corporate america, they are all striving towards the same goal--to achieve the material wealth that is so casually thrown in their faces day after day, but continually denied. We could have a debate on the morality of this issue until the end of time, but that is still not going to change things.

true that exxtol:ermm:

Status
Not open for further replies.