Donald Trump: Haiti is a '****hole' country

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 5, 2007
He's not some dude at the bar, Bob. He's the POTUS, and the representative of us all. He could have easily addressed the issues confronting Haiti without a bunch of insults.

Of COURSE it was racist and hateful, and let me help you understand. Replace the word "Trump" with "Obama," then take out the word "Haiti," and replace it with "Canada," or any other place you care about.

See how that works? If Obama had said the same thing, in the same way, about your home country, you'd be livid. I mean, you and your fellow travelers can't get over the "you can keep your doctor" thing, how would you honestly have reacted if he called your home, which you served and raised your family in, a s***hole? 

But you like Trump, so for you it's just a distraction. For the rest of us, it's a dishonor.

He's not a disruptor, he's just a jerk.

Good post Some either don't get it or are blind, you can call Haiti a shythole and I can call Haiti a shythole, more is expected from what was the leader of the free world

mofongoloco

Silver
Feb 7, 2013
There is conflict on what exactly he said, with the Republican senators remembering the conversation differently than the Democrats. Either way it was a private meeting and the actual conversation shouldn't be made public, otherwise why have a private conversation. I suspect the the Democrats may have pushed their agenda a little too aggressively and will now meet far more resistance.

This was a meeting of elected officials conducting public business. Hardly a national security issue, so yes it should be public.

rfp

Gold
Jul 5, 2010
He's not some dude at the bar, Bob. He's the POTUS, and the representative of us all. He could have easily addressed the issues confronting Haiti without a bunch of insults.

Of COURSE it was racist and hateful, and let me help you understand. Replace the word "Trump" with "Obama," then take out the word "Haiti," and replace it with "Canada," or any other place you care about.

See how that works? If Obama had said the same thing, in the same way, about your home country, you'd be livid. I mean, you and your fellow travelers can't get over the "you can keep your doctor" thing, how would you honestly have reacted if he called your home, which you served and raised your family in, a s***hole? 

But you like Trump, so for you it's just a distraction. For the rest of us, it's a dishonor.

He's not a disruptor, he's just a jerk.

Hes just a jerk ... but hes also the POTUS !! The man is a boss, put some respect on that name. One of the truly self made men of our time

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
What's most telling is the other people in the room aren't coming out to defend Trump. Would be easy to pick up political points that way. 

It's because he said it, Bob. But let's move on to the larger issue.

The US is significantly made up of people who came from places like Haiti, Ireland, South Italy, the "country" of Africa and other locales precisely because they were talented people who couldn't make it work due to the issues in their homeland. Indian and Pakistani immigrants are now the per capita wealthiest minority group in the US.

I have a Haitian client who is a multi-millionaire who sells medical equipment. My partner brought a master's degree in physics with him to the states.

The fact is, he didn't focus on Moldova or other deeply poor european countries. Instead, he once again took a shot at black people, which he's consistently done over the course of decades.

He could have worded his comments differently, and he chose to go with them to feed his base. Why his base needs to hear clearly racist comments is a topic for another thread.
http://dr1.com/forums/showthread.ph...hole-country?p=1849989&viewfull=1#post1849989

Did you get an infraction?

FWIW, for several years I was responsible for the sale of used high-tech medical equipment that went to countries like Haiti, 100% through expats of those countries in the US who wouldn;t be caught dead living there anymore.

Last edited:

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004
Because there are a few fine people from Haiti---note that some here refer to Haitians who are no longer in Haiti---does not mean the country, or any country, city, state or county, aren't "****holes.

And while even if some countries, cities, states or counties, aren't "****holes does NOT mean that there should be meritless immigration to the US.

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
Well Haiti might have not been such a shytehole if the Clintons and the other NGO's would have invested the millions and millions they received for helping the country. BUT THEY DIDN'T!!!!
Haitian people are very nice people but the country is a shytehole and that's correct.

That is not the point of his comments. Parts of the DR are the same way but most of the time it is of no fault of the people living there. I am not a religious person but there for the grace of god it could be you or me. Trump is a privledge white man who doesn't have the humility to keep his mouth shut. Whatever pops into his little brain spews out like puke. The point is about opportunity or the lack there of. He has had all the opportunity in the world but would deny others that right. The Clintons didn't invest because of the political nature of the country and not the people.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
What's most telling is the other people in the room aren't coming out to defend Trump. Would be easy to pick up political points that way. 

It's because he said it, Bob. But let's move on to the larger issue.

The US is significantly made up of people who came from places like Haiti, Ireland, South Italy, the "country" of Africa and other locales precisely because they were talented people who couldn't make it work due to the issues in their homeland. Indian and Pakistani immigrants are now the per capita wealthiest minority group in the US.

I have a Haitian client who is a multi-millionaire who sells medical equipment. My partner brought a master's degree in physics with him to the states.

The fact is, he didn't focus on Moldova or other deeply poor european countries. Instead, he once again took a shot at black people, which he's consistently done over the course of decades.

He could have worded his comments differently, and he chose to go with them to feed his base. Why his base needs to hear clearly racist comments is a topic for another thread.

He spoke about Africa as ****hole countries, and Haiti and El Salvador were in focus because these are two of the countries that Democrats are trying to get him to reverse the decision to oust the temporary status that has been in existence for more than the required time. Since he is trying to tighten up the immigration system and their proposal was doing the opposite he voiced his frustration. He didn't mention any of the poor European countries because their numbers are minimal and not an issue. There may be Black El Salvadorans but I've never seen one. Yes he could have worded his comments differently, but then again it was a private meeting, not meant for public comsuptions so hardly playing to his base. You are really stretching on this. Comments were not racist.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
That is not the point of his comments. Parts of the DR are the same way but most of the time it is of no fault of the people living there. I am not a religious person but there for the grace of god it could be you or me. Trump is a privledge white man who doesn't have the humility to keep his mouth shut. Whatever pops into his little brain spews out like puke. The point is about opportunity or the lack there of. He has had all the opportunity in the world but would deny others that right. The Clintons didn't invest because of the political nature of the country and not the people.

Pile of BS. Clintons didn't invest because they are crooks. Agree that Trump has little filter and says more or less what his is thinking, however the media and the Democrats choose to twist or manipulate those words to mean something other than intended by not taking the context of the conversation in to account. They are also playing to their base and the press is playing gotcha. Trump is trying to reform and tighten up the immigration system and the Democrats are trying to do the opposite ( for votes)

rogerramjet1

Sep 10, 2015
Ive met and employed many Haitians. They work hard, work for very little, have never stolen from me, turn up on time and do not try to renegotiate prices. All of these things make them very good people. As opposed to the sneaky business tactics i have experienced from my hosts. On balance i would prefer the company of Haitians

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Ive met and employed many Haitians. They work hard, work for very little, have never stolen from me, turn up on time and do not try to renegotiate prices. All of these things make them very good people. As opposed to the sneaky business tactics i have experienced from my hosts. On balance i would prefer the company of Haitians

Which makes you wonder why their country is so messed up.

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
... Yes he could have worded his comments differently, but then again it was a private meeting, not meant for public comsuptions so hardly playing to his base.

Oh, it´s okay for the POTUS to bash Haiti and the other countries and express his feelings as long as the general public does not know about it.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Oh, it´s okay for the POTUS to bash Haiti and the other countries and express his feelings as long as the general public does not know about it.

So you've never said anything in private that you wouldn't want public? He said the truth in a private meeting. In is generally expected that what you say in a private meeting is private.

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004
It makes them appreciative of a job in a country that are not especially welcome, not necessarily that they are good people, although they well may be.

In my town Haitians---many of whom live in the construction projects where they work---are known to stalk and eat cats.

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004
Some locals agree.

Mamady Traore said:
President Donald Trump is absolutely right. Africa is a continent of ****. When you have heads of state who mess with the constitutions to perpetuate their power. When you have rebel factions that kill children, disembowel women as saints, who mutilate innocent civilians. Frankly, it must be said that it’s crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.