DR child ID

DRDone

Sep 29, 2014
Come on now, child support? He isnt on the birth certificate, there is no treaty with the USA and he has to declare fatherhood in person with two witnesses. For HER to insinuate child support on an anonymous person SHE would have to establish and proof paternity at her own expense.

Domestic violence? Needs a time and place. Dude hasnt been in country in a year.

Stop fear mongering. She probably wants to have the child get US citizenry and then she could try to use that for a familial visa in the future when the thing with the European fails

Sent from my Z833 using Tapatalk

Come on now, he is asking for advise and this is obvious that she is going after something she is not stating.
DR laws are not exactly by the book, but they will force you to take a paternity test or you will be arrested. I know of this happening to a General who denied a son, so the laws or enforcement are pretty favorable to women. Also in DR law the kids automatically get part of the inheritance (very difficult to get around that). On the abuse side which I didn't think about, also know about a lot of false accusations on that front.
I would really suggest figuring out how to get a paternity test done remotely and then determine the support, but if you go back good luck to you. If it doesn't smell right and she can't even give you a consistent reason why chance being in a mess that you wouldn't believe.

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
Come on now, child support? He isnt on the birth certificate, there is no treaty with the USA.

Suggest you check out the Hague Convention. The first case was won towards the end of last year with a Dominican Woman winning child support from an absent US father. Agreed paternity has to be established first.

Matilda

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Unless I missed it, the OP hasn’t said what country he is from.  

I agree about paternity test.  Remotely.

Jaime809

Bronze
Aug 23, 2012
Domestic violence? Needs a time and place. Dude hasnt been in country in a year.

If he's in-country, all it takes is "he hit me" and a friend tangentially connected to law enforcement. It can be sorted out, but it'll be long, involved, and costly. Especially if she knows where he is.

Sent from my ASUS_Z016D using Tapatalk

USA DOC

Bronze
Feb 20, 2016
.....sounds like the motivation is about the same old things....money and a visa.....

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
Thanks for all the replies!  This is all rather sad.  I don't really deny paternity though we've never done any test.  I still don't understand exactly what she is after, as having my name on a birth certificate or even a DR passport is not going to get her anywhere in the US.  She may be after my assets in some way, but of course I've seen the child, done Skype, etc, and many pictures/videos.  They are not wanting for anything.  The child is healthy and happy and they are both by the looks of it well taken care of...

Unfortunately, she seems to feel the need to manipulate or flat out lie to accomplish whatever her goals are, which makes any relationship with her near impossible.  But I would like to have a relationship with the child and am willing to participate, but her actions make it difficult.

One question, as the prospect now of going to the DR seems possibly perilous, what would I be arrested for?

It is very noble that you seek to have a relationship with YOUR child, being that you haven't been around for the first year of her life, some may interpret this as a disparity, or rather, inconsistency.

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
Come on now, child support? He isnt on the birth certificate, there is no treaty with the USA and he has to declare fatherhood in person with two witnesses. For HER to insinuate child support on an anonymous person SHE would have to establish and proof paternity at her own expense.

Stop fear mongering. She probably wants to have the child get US citizenry and then she could try to use that for a familial visa in the future when the thing with the European fails

Fake news.

chas123

Jan 3, 2018
Well, this really has been quite interesting...  so I'm a US citizen... as I've mentioned she's not really heavy on truth.  She has on a few occasions come to me with 'emergencies' that would require real action that seem to disappear within 24 hours.  Most recently she sent me a picture of her leg in a cast (honestly not sure if it was her leg) and said she'd be out of work for a month and would need extra help, within a couple of days that was no longer an issue... and within a month of that she needed a break and would be going to the coast where her and her boyfriend/fiance keep an apartment and would be vacationing there for a month (actually the 2nd trip that I know of in the last 2-3 months).  Not sure what kind of job allows for all that

As far as paternity, it seems in person or remotely could put me in legal jeopardy regardless of any support I've given.  My thought would be to keep any support to physical items and not actual cash, and leave any paternity until later.  When/if she stops the BS, we could discuss that, but I would not do anything without legal representation (I believe the moderator of this forum is a lawyer).  The child isn't coming to the US anytime soon either way, she's just a baby.

Really, the fact that she's lied about the state of healthcare and her needing me to obtain that and a DR passport (both things I've learned from you all today) is sort of not tolerable.

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
Well, this really has been quite interesting...  so I'm a US citizen... as I've mentioned she's not really heavy on truth.  She has on a few occasions come to me with 'emergencies' that would require real action that seem to disappear within 24 hours.  Most recently she sent me a picture of her leg in a cast (honestly not sure if it was her leg) and said she'd be out of work for a month and would need extra help, within a couple of days that was no longer an issue... and within a month of that she needed a break and would be going to the coast where her and her boyfriend/fiance keep an apartment and would be vacationing there for a month (actually the 2nd trip that I know of in the last 2-3 months).  Not sure what kind of job allows for all that

As far as paternity, it seems in person or remotely could put me in legal jeopardy regardless of any support I've given.  My thought would be to keep any support to physical items and not actual cash, and leave any paternity until later.  When/if she stops the BS, we could discuss that, but I would not do anything without legal representation (I believe the moderator of this forum is a lawyer).  The child isn't coming to the US anytime soon either way, she's just a baby.

Really, the fact that she's lied about the state of healthcare and her needing me to obtain that and a DR passport (both things I've learned from you all today) is sort of not tolerable.

Bits and pieces. Bits and pieces. You would be better off consulting a family or immigration lawyer abroad, who specializes in Dominican arenas. The resident expert within this forum answered your initial inquiry directly, and now you would be better served keeping other matters close to your vest.

chas123

Jan 3, 2018
It is very noble that you seek to have a relationship with YOUR child, being that you haven't been around for the first year of her life, some may interpret this as a disparity, or rather, inconsistency.

Well, I can understand your comment, but not sure there's any inconsistency given 1, that you do not know the circumstances of our meeting or relationship or all events that have taken place in the last year plus and 2, it being MY child is an assumption I'm giving her and not necessarily a fact.  The fact that she wants me to come there under false pretenses and put pen to paper is what is giving me pause at the moment...

chas123

Jan 3, 2018
Bits and pieces. Bits and pieces. You would be better off consulting a family or immigration lawyer abroad, who specializes in Dominican arenas. The resident expert within this forum answered your initial inquiry directly, and now you would be better served keeping other matters close to your vest.

That's good advice, thanks

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
If your a US Citizen there is a load of paper work to be done to confer US citizenship on the child.
1. You have to declare the child and obtain a birth certificate inextensia.(long form). And it must be legalized.
2. Form DS-11
Both parents need to be present at the interview to provide unequivocal
consent to passport issuance by signing the application form in front of the Consular Officer. If there
are extraordinary circumstances and one of the parents cannot attend, such as one parent is not
present in country, a notarized Statement of Consent must be submitted from the absent parent.
Click here for a DS-3053 consent form.
3. Form DS-2029
4. Form DS-5507
all under CONSULAR REPORT OF BIRTH CHECK LIST U.S. Embassy, Santo Domingo
5. DNA test is not always required.

https://do.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/birth/overview/

Been through this twice!

Apr 7, 2014
Suggest you check out the Hague Convention. The first case was won towards the end of last year with a Dominican Woman winning child support from an absent US father. Agreed paternity has to be established first.

Matilda

Hague? Im talking the US OF A, not the Netherlands. So some woman sued some UNKNOWN American in the Netherlands....bring that writ to any federal court in the US and they will use it to get gum off their shoes.

Besides, you can win a case by default if the opposing side doesnt show up...and why would they?

You guys are making this woman sound more like Matahari than she actually is.

Auryn

Apr 22, 2012
Hague? Im talking the US OF A, not the Netherlands. So some woman sued some UNKNOWN American in the Netherlands....bring that writ to any federal court in the US and they will use it to get gum off their shoes.

Besides, you can win a case by default if the opposing side doesnt show up...and why would they?

1. OP has stated she's been previously untrustworthy
2. Why take that kind of risk?

I say remote paternity test and don't risk jail here. Something's fishy. God knows what her intentions are, whether innocent or not.

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
1. OP has stated she's been previously untrustworthy
2. Why take that kind of risk?

I say remote paternity test and don't risk jail here. Something's fishy. God knows what her intentions are, whether innocent or not.

Agreed.

Plus, OP has a hunch.

I would go with my intuitions. Based on experiences, intuitions are usually correct.

Why take the chance? If it can be done remotely to prove paternity, I say go with it.

Better safe than sorry I say!!!!

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006

The Hague Convention - U.S. of A. is a party to the treaty.

She did not sue the American in the Netherlands, the suit was in the U.S. of A. based on the Hague Convention agreement by the U.S. of A.

16gmwk0.jpg

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
Why take the chance? If it can be done remotely to prove paternity, I say go with it.

Better safe than sorry I say!!!!

to the best of my knowledge the Consulate has a specific lab they use here for the DNA test. I know one person that had the DNA test done by a lab in the US and they had to have it redone here as the Consulate would not accept the results.

USA DOC

Bronze
Feb 20, 2016
...my Dominican girl fren just read this tread...then she tells me they always do that...one of her girl frens "works" with tourists in punta cana, she has about 5 american, swiss, canadian,european, men paying for her 2 children...she has a nice house in santiago, a jeepeta, when a tourist man comes to visit her and his child her Dominican husband moves out for a while...hope your not one of those,how did you meet her?.........Doc.........