DR Leaves Inter-American Court of Human Rights

Do you agree with the Constitutional Tribunal's decision to remove the DR?

• Yes

Votes: 26 83.9%
  • No

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • Not sure

Votes: 3 9.7%

• Total voters

GWOZOZO

Bronze
Dec 7, 2011
Why all this discussion of history that has nothing to do with a present situation.

nations enslave other nations

nations conquer other nations

nations/people massacre other nations/people

That is our history on this rock....tough kaka...deal with it.

The Haitian government does not have to do a single thing.

DR needs to deal with its Hiatian problem the best way it see fits.

It is not that hard to seal a little border.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Why all this discussion of history that has nothing to do with a present situation.

nations enslave other nations

nations conquer other nations

nations/people massacre other nations/people

That is our history on this rock....tough kaka...deal with it.

The Haitian government does not have to do a single thing.

DR needs to deal with its Hiatian problem the best way it see fits.

It is not that hard to seal a little border.

Actually it's not hard to put up a fence but it is very hard to seal a border unless you have lots of $$$$$$$$ to spend on it and the future enforcement. Not impossible but certainly difficult.

ramesses

Gold
Jun 17, 2005
Actually it's not hard to put up a fence but it is very hard to seal a border unless you have lots of $$$$$$$$ to spend on it and the future enforcement. Not impossible but certainly difficult.

It is impossible unless you have both sides enforcing the sealed border.

GWOZOZO

Bronze
Dec 7, 2011

Excuses, excuses.

DR claims it is spending money on Haitians living in DR.

Ban all ethnic haitians from receiving health care and education in DR, use that money to arm the border.

Additional measures such has a ban on hiring ethnic haitians in DR will dissuade others from coming.

Stop issuing visas to haitians visiting legally for any reason.

All it takes is courage and the will of Dominicans to save their country and their race.

Otherwise, Dominicans will simply be whining endlessly and the invasion will continue....because there will be no cooperation from Haiti.

Your country, your future.

GWOZOZO

Bronze
Dec 7, 2011
Some made it, 40,000 or so. Not totally sealed. Now, shooting a pile of them was a deterrent I must admit.

Escape attempts and victims of the inner German border - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Here is the real story

"After the border was fortified and the Berlin Wall was constructed, the number of illegal border crossings fell drastically. The numbers fell further as the border defences were improved over the subsequent decades. In 1961, 8,507 people fled across the border, most of them through West Berlin. The construction of the Berlin Wall that year reduced the number of escapees by 75% to around 2,300 per annum for the rest of the decade. The Wall changed Berlin from being one of the easiest places to cross the border, from the East, to being one of the most difficult.[1] The number of escapees fell further to 868 per annum during the 1970s and to only 334 per annum between 1980 and 1988. However, escapees were never more than a small minority of the total number of emigrants from East Germany. Far more people left the country after being granted official permits, by fleeing through third countries or by being ransomed by the West German government. During the 1980s, only about 1% of those who left East Germany did so by escaping across the border"

So you see, DR can drastically reduce the flow of Haitians much more easier. There is no Berlin situation, and Haitians and Dominicans are of different races unlike the same race and ethnicity Germans.

Haitians can easily be spotted and action can be taken by Dominican authorities.

ramesses

Gold
Jun 17, 2005
Here is the real story

"After the border was fortified and the Berlin Wall was constructed, the number of illegal border crossings fell drastically. The numbers fell further as the border defences were improved over the subsequent decades. In 1961, 8,507 people fled across the border, most of them through West Berlin. The construction of the Berlin Wall that year reduced the number of escapees by 75% to around 2,300 per annum for the rest of the decade. The Wall changed Berlin from being one of the easiest places to cross the border, from the East, to being one of the most difficult.[1] The number of escapees fell further to 868 per annum during the 1970s and to only 334 per annum between 1980 and 1988. However, escapees were never more than a small minority of the total number of emigrants from East Germany. Far more people left the country after being granted official permits, by fleeing through third countries or by being ransomed by the West German government. During the 1980s, only about 1% of those who left East Germany did so by escaping across the border"

So you see, DR can drastically reduce the flow of Haitians much more easier. There is no Berlin situation, and Haitians and Dominicans are of different races unlike the same race and ethnicity Germans.

Haitians can easily be spotted and action can be taken by Dominican authorities.

Yes, you can bring it down to a trickle, but, you can never truly seal a border. Violence is the only way to get it close.

GWOZOZO

Bronze
Dec 7, 2011
Yes, you can bring it down to a trickle, but, you can never truly seal a border. Violence is the only way to get it close.

Then why not bring it down to a trickle?????? as a first step.

And why not pass laws keeping haitians out of schools and hospitals and out of jobs??????

Any reasons?????

ramesses

Gold
Jun 17, 2005
Then why not bring it down to a trickle?????? as a first step.

And why not pass laws keeping haitians out of schools and hospitals and out of jobs??????

Any reasons?????

I never made a comment on the situation. I was only commenting on a border.

GWOZOZO

Bronze
Dec 7, 2011
Wow, a lot is expected from a little comment about being difficult to seal a border. I am sorry I did not live up to the standards.

Not you ramesses, I am talking about DR authorities and society crying about their Haitian problem and yet not talking the necessary measures to tackle it.

barker1964

Silver
Apr 1, 2009
Not you ramesses, I am talking about DR authorities and society crying about their Haitian problem and yet not talking the necessary measures to tackle it.

I believe it's a money issue. I mean if American and all it's resources can't stop the flow of illegals crossing over how is the Dominican Republic supposed to stop it.

GWOZOZO

Bronze
Dec 7, 2011
I believe it's a money issue. I mean if American and all it's resources can't stop the flow of illegals crossing over how is the Dominican Republic supposed to stop it.

I have listed several actions DR can take INSIDE DR to make DR less attractive to Haitians.

America is a magnet for the world, DR is not.

DR only has a Haitian problem that it refuses to tackle.

Opening its schools, hospitals, job market.......opening its border on market days...etc.....and then whining about the result.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Haiti's problems are going to have to be solved on Haitian soil by Haitian people. Change comes from within.

GWOZOZO

Bronze
Dec 7, 2011
Haiti's problems are going to have to be solved on Haitian soil by Haitian people. Change comes from within.

No one is asking DR to solve Haiti's problems.

This is about a DR problem inside DR that only DR can solve.

Haiti cannot solve DR problems.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
No one is asking DR to solve Haiti's problems.

This is about a DR problem inside DR that only DR can solve.

Haiti cannot solve DR problems.

#1 - The problems inside Haiti are what prompts Haitians to flee illegally to DR searching for a better life
#2 - DR is TRYING to solve the problem of the illegal Haitians, but Haiti's failure to provide documents is tying their hands - so DR can NOT solve it alone
#3 - Haiti can solve DR's illegal Haitian problems - if they solve their internal problems, their citizens won't have to/want to leave.

May 12, 2005
#1 - The problems inside Haiti is what prompts Haitians to flee illegally to DR searching for a better life
#2 - DR is TRYING to solve the problem of the illegal Haitians, but Haiti's failure to provide documents is tying their hands - so DR can NOT solve it alone
#3 - Haiti can solve DR's illegal Haitian problems - if they solve their internal problems, their citizens won't have to/want to leave.

Haiti's solution to solving their problems, much like Mexico has done, is to export their poverty.