end of the affair

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Apparently it happens a lot. This particular forum was at one point almost singularly devoted to the phenomenon.

That is true, I remember it well. I can also remember how angry the women were because we didn't recognize true love.

Even women who had been through the experience tried to give advice, but that was rejected, too.

greydread

Platinum
Jan 3, 2007
That is true, I remember it well. I can also remember how angry the women were because we didn't recognize true love.

Even women who had been through the experience tried to give advice, but that was rejected, too.

That's because theirs is always "special", "different", "sincere". LOL!

The funny part is when they show up to visit out of cycle and bump into the other "victims". There should be a dating site strictly for getting the male and female victims of these Sanky/ Cuero scammers together. Think of the millions they'd save just dating each other. They could get together for merengue and bachata lessons and have an AI specifically dedicated to them. Heck they could be featured in a few episodes of "The Biggest Loser" reality TV series.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
its a classic, works in the entertainment field, its an accidental stabbing, happens all the time!!!!

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002

The funny part is when they show up to visit out of cycle and bump into the other "victims". There should be a dating site strictly for getting the male and female victims of these Sanky/ Cuero scammers together. Think of the millions they'd save just dating each other. They could get together for merengue and bachata lessons and have an AI specifically dedicated to them. Heck they could be featured in a few episodes of "The Biggest Loser" reality TV series.

Since it is your idea I will let you be the to take the credit and recommend it to the next person who comes to DR1 looking for a business idea.

greydread

Platinum
Jan 3, 2007
Since it is your idea I will let you be the to take the credit and recommend it to the next person who comes to DR1 looking for a business idea.

Hahaha. By the time they post on DR1 it's usually too late for advice and everyone assumes that they're just here to get clowned on.

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004

Music Queen and her lovely Tony come to mind. This guy didn't want to leave the DR because he had an established life there. Next thing you know he's in the US with her and suddenly the relationship goes blotto.

There are others, of course, but it all ends the same.

Last edited:

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i remember her. she was happy in love with her DDD when i moved here. sometime later he arrived to the states and she eventually stopped posting. did this relationship turn sour?

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Hahaha. By the time they post on DR1 it's usually too late for advice and everyone assumes that they're just here to get clowned on.

Frank12, our author, should make use of the archives for this particular forum. There is plenty of material there for a very interesting piece on meeting the love of your life on a vacation in the Dominican Republic.

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
i remember her. she was happy in love with her DDD when i moved here. sometime later he arrived to the states and she eventually stopped posting. did this relationship turn sour?

Of course it did. She was much older than he was, so the result was always going to be predictable. She took her show on the road to another site, and then her enthusiasm for the whole Dominican thing petered out when she began having problems. Last seen in Florida (Orlando I think) watching those fabulous sunsets all by herself.

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
I don't think I would ever trust someone enough, meaning someone I met on vacation, had a short "courtship" with and then bring them to my home country. Being so called madly in love while vacationing/visiting here and then trying to maintain that while back in reality (back home in your country) doesn't always work out and the consequences of that clearly can be deadly.I have known people that have tried (they lived to tell) and the biggest complaint I would hear is that they cannot for example adjust to life outside of the Dominican Republic. They are use to things being one way and can not adjust to another way of living, meaning paying bills and having responsibilities. They realize that their spouses vacation money ran out and now it is back to reality.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Then there's the "How Long Can You Keep Having Sex With "Cow", 20 years older than you????
After he stops F*#King you, what is left????
That sexy Dominicano becomes what he was here in the DR before he met you, a useless moocher!
You both wish the other one was DEAD,the Dominicans just find it easier "Done, Than said"!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
I don't think I would ever trust someone enough, meaning someone I met on vacation, had a short "courtship" with and then bring them to my home country. Being so called madly in love while vacationing/visiting here and then trying to maintain that while back in reality (back home in your country) doesn't always work out and the consequences of that clearly can be deadly.I have known people that have tried (they lived to tell) and the biggest complaint I would hear is that they cannot for example adjust to life outside of the Dominican Republic. They are use to things being one way and can not adjust to another way of living, meaning paying bills and having responsibilities. They realize that their spouses vacation money ran out and now it is back to reality.

truer words have never been spoken. Dominicans that i have encountered in the USA seem to automatically, and instantaneously, seek to run to the Dominican neighborhood. i guess it is the security they have in communication. nationals from english speaking countries have it easier. that is why as soon as sanky gets out of the JFK parking lot, he wants to go straight to the Heights. adios, gringa.

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
nationals from almost any non-Spanish speaking countries have it easier Gorgon. We know that they won't be no one speaking our language and have no choice but to learn and adjust.

keepcoming

May 25, 2011
The problem with some is that they do not do their "homework". Many tend to ignore the warning signs even before they leave the Island. You meet a guy (or girl) on vacation and then the next day they want to take you across the Island to meet their "family". You can barely communicate with them because of the language barrier and you trust cousin Juan who use to live in New York but was "sent back" to the DR for some mysterious reason that of course was not his fault to translate for you. The whole family loves you, can't do enough for you and yet they just met you. Then they parade you through the barrio like your some circus act who is going to take the family out of poverty. In my MIL neighborhood this happened, some guy met a girl on vacation at one the hotels (he worked at a resort in PP). They brought the girl to my MIL house and I happen to be there. It took every ounce of control for me not to yell at her to run, run like the wind and do not look back. But my spouse kept kicking me under the table, that is his cue for me to stay out of it. I don't know what happened to the girl but I do know the guy is back here in the DR unable to return to the US, and of course I am sure it was not his fault. Don't get me wrong there are Dominicans who can leave this country and do very well but they are hard to come by and especially if your looking for them while on vacation at a resort.

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
I have seen examples where it was less obvious. My friend spoke Spanish, was hot. But at her wedding, I wondered what they were going to talk about once they stopped ****ing. It didn't work out just for that and the guy became abusive and obsessed with her (that was with a Cuban, she had met and lived with while on extended stay there).

Last edited:

keepcoming

May 25, 2011
I have seen examples where it was less obvious. My friend spoke Spanish, was hot. But at her wedding, I wondered what they were going to talk about once they stopped ****ing. It didn't work out just for that and the guy became abusive and obsessed with her (that was with a Cuba, she had met and lived with while on extended stay there).

Very good point. That is why hot vacation sex should be exactly that, vacation sex. The only thing you should take back with you are the memories.