Fine Dining Experience...

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
yes, off topic but i'll be damned, miesposo always goes there when he is in SD on business trips. he tells me it's ok. lying bastard.
:)

Perhaps he's spoiled by your own cooking....:cross-eye... everything else pales in comparison

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
no, damn. i stay home and eat canned sardinas while he goes and dines in good restaurants. how is that fair? :( :( :(

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
hey! are you telling me off for drivel? :) ;)

i meant no offence to anyone, no need to shout at me. :( :confused:

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
BK is eating
dv8 is thawing her cake for dessert

Olly is waiting for a restaurant review..... They were late for their dinner reservations b/c they ran out of gas:dead:

thomasj

Mar 31, 2010
Paparazzo in Santiago. One of the finest meals I ever had. Impressive line of late SUV's in parking lot. Mostly dominican couples, most men in suit ind tie.
Dress well and bring money.

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
Hahahaha....

We did not go to the restaurant of our choice on the NC as yet... this is something for the next weekend or so...

Instead we went to give a free demo with our dogs for some orphanage in SD, and enjoyed dinner in a very small restaurant on the Malecon. named "David and Christian".

Now this restaurant, or "brasserie" like we would call it, was not Michelin quality, but service was great, and the food was good. 2 entrees (1 steak which melted in the mouth, and 1 imported mussels), a half bottle of housewine which was very decent, 2 coffees, and an amaretto came to 1,410 rds. Plus 2 free digestives of Punta Cana Extra Viejo Rum.

My report will come... lol

BelgianK

jinty05

Bronze
Feb 11, 2005
Can you provide details of the location for this restaurant??

Paparazzo in Santiago. One of the finest meals I ever had. Impressive line of late SUV's in parking lot. Mostly dominican couples, most men in suit ind tie.
Dress well and bring money.

Olly

Bronze
Mar 12, 2007
BelgianK,
I guess you "chickened" out of tell all of us where you went for this special event ( See you post #70 ) .

Olly and the Team ( Sosua division)

I know you are looking for fine dining, but I have found in the Dom Rep, the more we have paid for a meal, the less we liked it. That being said, Los Tres Cocos between Costambar and Cofresi is very nice. Stefy and Natale's (same road as LTC) is very good, beautiful app's, lots of wines, but the service stinks.

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
Olly, as Acira said, we did not have the time, and I still owe her a dinner. (ssssttt... but by postponing, and postponing I was hoping to get away with only treating her to 1 dinner in 2 years. Thanks for blowing up that idea :( )

Having said that, we had Belgian friends visiting us, and they went fine dining in Casa 21 in Sosua, and raved about the good food, and excellent service. Especially the trio of tuna, apparently.

So, this month, somehow, sometime we are going to give it a try.

I will let you know :)

BelgianK

Oct 13, 2003
instagram.com
Otra Cosa - classical french dinner for 2 - DR$ 4,000 and up

Sea Horse Ranch - more fusion dinner for 2 - DR$ 3,500 and up - they have excellent lobster

Both hands down the best on the North Coast

If there is a wind blowing - go to Sea Horse Ranch - they have a glass wall

Been eating at both a lot for the past four weeks :)

Acira

Silver
Sep 20, 2009
www.blazingfuries.com
Finally I got my fine dining evening, yihaa :)

We went to the Waterfront restaurant in Sosua.
Very nice warm evening, cool breeze and nice waterfront view.
Dinner was delicious with for me as starter Tartare of Tuna, main Tuna Steak with peanut/sesame drizzling, desert pasta with chocolate which was delicious. The wines were sublime and the coffees with a tick afterwards to close the dinner were to die for.
Very friendly service, impecable, alert waiters and every question answered with a very well meant smile.

I really really enjoyed it and had a very very nice evening.

Thanks for bringing up this restaurant!

Acira

Me_again

Bronze
Nov 21, 2004
Thanks for your boost of the Waterfront. We have been looking for a place for a "nice" dinner for relatives in March. We'll go there.

But:

" . . . and the coffees with a tick afterwards . . ."

What's coffee with a tick?

wbr

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
Me_again,

Coffee with a tick is a coffee, laced with alcohol. I had the Montecristo, which was coffee with rum and grand marnier, and whipped cream on top. A very nice touch is that they prepare and flambe the coffee at the side of your table. They make a whole show of it.

As Acira said impeccable, but relaxed service with a well meant smile. Not necessary for us, but the waiters also speak English. One of them started telling us all the languages he spoke, but by the time he mentioned he was also fluent in Chinese I knew he was pulling our leg.

Nice surroundings with a beautiful view, soft jazz music in the background, so for once you did not have to yell at your partner.

I had the bisque of lobster, and have to say it can compete with the best I ever had. As main I had shrimp in a brandy cream sauce which also was very nice. Not a dessert eater, so I forced myself to have 2 coffees with a tick :)

Very nice winelist, but not cheap. I looked very longingly at the Chablis Premier Cru, but decided a 100$ was a bit over the top (by miles the most expensive white wine on the list). We chose a nice white wine, and for the first time here, it was served as it should be.

We will certainly frequent this restaurant regularly.

BelgianK

Me_again

Bronze
Nov 21, 2004
"Coffee with a tick is a coffee, laced with alcohol."

Amazing to think that at my age I've never heard that expression until now. Although I've often drunk 'special coffees'.

Thanks for the expansion on your evening.

wbr