First Lady's Account Details Exposed/Danilo Faked His Doctorate

Rhardwood

Feb 16, 2012
It's easy to make all kinds of accusations, let's see some proof.

The proof is in the pudding, as they say. Us gringos have another saying: Follow the money trail. Where, oh where do they get so much money and mansions and etc, etc. if not from corruption? Not from their salaries, I am sure.

Nuria Piera and other courageous investigative reporters have documented many cases of corruption. Has anybody in our Prosecutor's office followed through? Do we see anybody behind bars, that is not politically opposite to the powers that be?

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Get out the popcorn and sit back.

If it's true, I'm guessing Marcos Mart?nez is negotiating his safety and using the proof of the accounts as a bargaining chip.

I have no doubt this is how Nuria has kept alive for so long.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
Now anonymous has challenged Margarita. This could get good.

BTW, I think Nuria is left untouched because of the repercussions.

Squat

Tropical geek in Las Terrenas
Jan 1, 2002
Marcos Martinez said he is not scared, he is ready to show the proofs in court... Margarita only has to get the Danish bank's statement she doesn't have an account there... Problem is she actually seems to have one (!!!!!)

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
If this turn out to be true this would be the downfall of the PLD and maybe be the dawn of a new era of politics here in the DR, ie finally these sob's have to be accountable. Bravo to all the courageous reporters here - que Dios les bendiga y proteja.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
this little matter of bureaucratic and governmental corruption rears its ugly head, every livelong day. without relief, we receive news of one more eye popping scandal after another. what is happening? well, there is copious literature examining the phenomenon of governmental corruption, and many opinions have been expounded on the matter, by prominent scholars. in a working paper entitled"Bureaucratic Corruption In The Third World", the accomplished Indian academic, J G Jabbra, observes, unequivocally, that bureaucratic and governmental corruption arises out of the existence of defective cultural and social norms and behaviors in a society. what that suggests is that bureaucrats do not suddenly become corrupt when they ascend to stations of power, wherein they can breach the public trust, for their own aggrandizement. they were already socialized in a culture of corrupt practices, long before they got there, because dishonorable behavioral traits are normative, and commonplace, in their societies.that , in part, explains the puzzle as to why it is that there is no robust , and meaningful, outcry against governmental malfeasance,. and a demand for higher ethical standards, and practices. maybe it is because the victims of corruption are no different from the politicians. they just do not have the station in life with which to become the actors ,themselves.Alexis De Tocqueville, among others, reminds that a people get the government they deserve. others have observed that a government is the mirror image of the population which elects it. finally, HL Mencken makes a note of the reality that a government knows what its people need, and gives it to them, long, and hard.

Jan 9, 2004
Like so many other despots and dictators who have raided their countries treasuries or used their positions for personal gain and then placed those gains overseas in a more stable currency, sadly this appears to be a normal operating procedure for those in power.

More interesting, if true, is what can be extrapolated from this account in Euros. The fact that the First Lady feels so little confidence in the peso or the DR banking system or she did not want the money discovered because she cannot explain its origin....speaks volumes....at least it should speak volumes...if anybody is really listening.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
This changes "NADA" here in the DR!
Chip,you need a few more decades here if you think it will!
Ask "HB"!
How many hundreds of times have we seen these "Escandalos" break in the press?
NOTHING EVER HAPPENS!!!!!!!
It WON'T,and it NEVER WILL!
Her "Claim" will be that the account is just "holding" the funds for "safekeeping" or some other nonsense.
It's MY money! My TAX money! My phony gas prices money! The phoney Electricity costs money! The huge taxes on food,communications,lodgeing,YaDaYaDaYaDa!
It called,"From "chancletas",to "Jeepetas"!(From "Flip Flops",to "SUVs")
And the Government "Legislators" say they can't afford "things",and need a "raise"???????
Pathetic!
Now lets hear the "Spinners" remind us that there is "Corruption" in all countries.
As someone so aptly stated on DR1 earlier,"It's NOT that there is not crime in other countries,it's the AMOUNT of crime in the DR!"
Cris Colon

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
I see how people is lynching poor ladroncitos that steal in order to support an addition of drugs or alcohol... I don't understand why they don't do it to the real thief, the ones that steal the found that are suppose to go in aids for the poor.

THE POLITICIANS.

I heard in the news that the first lady had to run fast from people in SAJOMA about a week ago, security was forced to pull her in the SUV as people was not happy in this town.

JJ

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
I see how people is lynching poor ladroncitos that steal in order to support an addition of drugs or alcohol... I don't understand why they don't do it to the real thief, the ones that steal the found that are suppose to go in aids for the poor.

THE POLITICIANS.

I heard in the news that the first lady had to run fast from people in SAJOMA about a week ago, security was forced to pull her in the SUV as people was not happy in this town.

JJ

hey, people are lynching ladroncitos who are stealing in order to get the next bite to eat. then, we have this modern day Marie Antionette, travelling to stores on Fifth Avenue, and having them close the building down, so she can shop, in privacy, unmolested by the plebes, and the proletariat. they have no shame, and, sadly, the public rewards them for their malfeasance, by electing them over, and over, and over.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
The Marie Antoinette reference reminds me it's time to wheel out my favourite Margarita quote... from an unwittingly hilarious interview she gave to Clave in 2006.
[Q] La gente comenta sobre sus vestidos, sombreros y asesores.
[A] No necesitamos tanta asesor?a para verme bonita. Le agradezco al Se?or que me hizo as?. Desde peque?a he tenido estilo. Cuando estaba en la universidad no aceptaba que mucha gente me dijera "t?". Hab?a que tratarme de usted.

[Q] - People comment on your dresses, hats and advisors.
[A] - We (sic) don't need much advice to look pretty. I thank the Lord for making me this way. I've had style since I was a little girl. When I was at university I didn't let many people address me as "t?". You had to address me using "usted".

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
It was difficult to talk about anything else in class today. Everyone had a story. The issue at the UASD is that anything can be manufactured and you can be sure that it will be. They have no real Registrar's Office there, so we will soon discover that Mont?s, Bautista and Danilo all passed their courses with honors...

As for the Martaritaville, I have always questioned the expenditures such as last year's trip to Davos and the beautiful clothes she buys to cover the large rear end....and you wonder "Who pays"?....

But as to the account in Denmark..pretty cool and they almost got away with it.

As I see it there are two possibilities:
1) Marco Martinez hit the expos? jackpot and is right all the way
2) This was a carefully organized hoax pulled on Martinez and the information was false.

If #1 is right, the the PLD must lose the elections (as well they should if that accusations regarding plagiarism are true~!~)
If #2 is the right one, the there will be a fight, since Margarita will be a victim and garner sympathy....(and this could even be a PLD ploy from the git-go!! Since in many of the polls they are way behind.)

CCCC is right. Not a whole lot to see regarding corruption cases in government. The little guys are caught and hung out to dry. But the biggies??? Naw. They erase the blackboard and start all over.
\
That was probably why Guillermo Gomez was shut up...he was getting too close to the truth...They must be getting dizzy trying to spin so many things.

Did any of you notice that it costs the same here to build a kilometer of two-lane highway as it does to do a kilometer of I-95?

The IMF did not break off, it just came to an end...un huh!

Oh well...

HB

Pray for Quico's fast recovery and Alfredo's success (I'll tell you why if it happens!)

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
The Marie Antoinette reference reminds me it's time to wheel out my favourite Margarita quote... from an unwittingly hilarious interview she gave to Clave in 2006.

[Q] - People comment on your dresses, hats and advisors.
[A] - We (sic) don't need much advice to look pretty. I thank the Lord for making me this way. I've had style since I was a little girl. When I was at university I didn't let many people address me as "t?". You had to address me using "usted".

What about her promise to make anybody pay who defames her? She has a serious case of self worship going on.

Also her invoking God reminds me of a family here in Santiago having a big funeral at a church for their son who was killed after being involved in an armed robbery and then having the gall to put a "dove rising to Heaven" on the deceased's facebook page. Some people just won't get it until the reaper show's up.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
What about her promise to make anybody pay who defames her? She has a serious case of self worship going on.

Also her invoking God reminds me of a family here in Santiago having a big funeral at a church for their son who was killed after being involved in an armed robbery and then having the gall to put a "dove rising to Heaven" on the deceased's facebook page. Some people just won't get it until the reaper show's up.
Isn't that what I was saying on the Manny thread? ;)

Aside from HB's hoax hypothesis, another question mark for me would be the fact that the account is supposedly in her name. Wouldn't it have been safer to get one of those numbered, anonymous Swiss accounts? Or does this sort of arrogance make people careless?

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
I dunno. It might make Danilo and Margarita even more popular...