First Lady's Account Details Exposed/Danilo Faked His Doctorate

Jul 4, 2010
I dunno. It might make Danilo and Margarita even more popular...

Ditto!

dyw17r.jpg

I love the hat, reminds me of Queen Elizabeth II : )

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
AND,......................................................this is the DR,.. it won't make any damn difference!
"People get the government they deserve","Sir Winston" I believe???
Cris Colon

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros
AND,......................................................this is the DR,.. it won't make any damn difference!
"People get the government they deserve","Sir Winston" I believe???
Cris Colon

[h=1]German president resigns and could face prosecution in corruption scandal[/h]Christian Wulff was picked by Angela Merkel for head of state role but couldn't shake off row over improper business ties

German president resigns and could face prosecution in corruption scandal | World news | guardian.co.uk

Maybe Winston was talking more "local" than you may think...

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
If this turn out to be true this would be the downfall of the PLD and maybe be the dawn of a new era of politics here in the DR, ie finally these sob's have to be accountable. Bravo to all the courageous reporters here - que Dios les bendiga y proteja.

You are dreaming.

PICHARDO

May 15, 2003
The PRI denies former congressman Marcos Martinez is among its members

a-julio_jimenez-pri-rrpp_200_200.jpg

Santo Domingo. - The Political Committee, a faction of Independent Revolutionary Party (PRI), along with its president Julio Jimenez, denied on Friday that former Congressman Marcos Martinez as belonging to that organization came to be reduced by his statements and the Secretary general of the Dominican Revolutionary Party (PRD) Orlando Jorge Mera, in some media.

Jimenez, senior leader understands that the PRD is uninformed product of the statement made ​​by Mr. Martinez, but said it posed as a political officer for the province of Santiago in the faction led by Trajan Santana for being a personal friend.

He said that the real political delegate in Santiago endorsed by the party is Juan Alberto Jimenez.

He said Martinez was removed from the PRI ranks for actions and misconduct, including abuse of power, similar to past president.

Pe?a Clemente Morillo addition, national organizing secretary of the PRI, said that in the current files corresponding to the pattern of party members not rest Marcos Martinez, "thus the PRI is not responsible for ill-founded allegations that offend and harm decent people and work. "

"The PRI Policy Committee convene their legal representatives to discuss possible legal action for usurpation of functions and use the name of the PRI to damage the honor of decent citizens," he said.

Jimenez argued that they are working to case like this does not happen again and said that situations like these happen by the misconduct and direction of past president.

Indicate that work to restore the game back to the attachment of its statutes and institutions.

El PRI niega ex diputado Marcos Mart?nez est? entre sus miembros

This PRD ex-deputy has a lot on his plate to look forward to in court...

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
It's 2:26 am Leonelito and I can't fall asleep!!!

420406_10150581409808233_584288232_9159706_384919119_n.jpg

JJ

Mr_DR

Silver
May 12, 2002
I don?t know what the big deal is. They are all corrupted and thieves. They just never get caught. The only reason why she got caught is because she is running for Vice President, therefore all her dirty laundry will be aired out. Had she continue to sticking strictly to the kitchen she would?ve never gotten caught

How much food didn?t Hipolito incinerate due to over production, instead of feeding the poor or shipping it to Ethiopia? The only difference is that some are corrupted and the country goes on reverse, while others are corrupted yet still manage to move the country forward. Now, which one would you rather have?

We will never have a perfect and honest government. So we need to praise the one that is doing the most for the country which in this case it still is the PLD.

PICHARDO

May 15, 2003
I don't think we should look at it like that!

If there's a chance to air corruption, then it's worth the trouble at every chance. We might not get prosecution of those found out to be legitimately corrupt as proven, but at least they'll be branded for what they are by the population.

Like you said,the PRD's corruption and flunked economic policies (not to even mention the Mensa candidate) are easy to shun in favor of the PLD. But we must also try to claim some iota of public trust in our government from time to time.

The DR is a place where people are too used to fib on others in public, libel is the least of it. What I would like to see, if that is the case, is how far in prosecuting this supposed libel attack will the prosecutors and administration go.

We don't have to settle for a two party political system in the DR... People don't really want to vote for the PRD and the PLD is seen as the only other viable option to the PRD getting into office. If only other parties didn't play the "I'll give my votes to you" game and posted a real candidate with charisma plus an honest popular background....

That's why I said that if we had a party that would entice say... Juan Luis Guerra as Prez and Wilton Guerrero as Vice, we may get a chance to change the political system of the DR overnight...

There are plenty of honest people in the DR to trust into, just that for them to join an active political party as they are today would be moral suicide for all we know of the system...