good neighbourhoods near sosua

chic

Silver
Nov 20, 2013
at my age i am looking to take on more debt....and realize that i have been wrong my whole life.... u should be mortgaged to the hilt...own property that pays you rent, and deduct all expenses... i.e. buy a emory board for your nails....keep the receipt...and deduct it... alot of professionals deduct all....they are their own expenses...
and when i borrow i realize that all mort. are insured....so when i pass a mountain of income producing property goes to my heirs...they inherit....a bldg that is paid for and producing $$...
of course have the small funeral. paid for by the monthly ins. premiums....ha ha ha

chic

Silver
Nov 20, 2013
As a renter I am finding out that landlords do not feel it is their part to repair the house. Milady's contract reads that the house will be delivered back to the owner in the same condition as when she rented it. we are paying 2500 pesos today to fix the faucets on the shower.
I had renters in Miami that would try to fix things in my apartment they were renting, no matter how many times i told them to tell me about any problems.
Der Fish

and one thing i love is rebuilding faucets....like new...only cheaper....
and i hate tenants....never call you when things break....they put a duct tape on it... assho+++

chic

Silver
Nov 20, 2013
I am not familiar with what you can get for $600/month on the North Coast, but there are nice 2 bedroom condos in the $600-800 range in Bavaro. All in gated communities, a short distance from the beach.

as an owner i would gladly accept the rent of $6kyr with proper deposits...than be vacant...i have put up with non paying tenant to be a watchdog...in a property where i maintain a apt...
but my rental qualifications are stability... and do as you say...600x12=7200$
every month that my property is vacant,.this is $ i will never receive, and rent roles have to go way up to get even. and by the time you do the math...ur property has been vandalized...and could cost you thousands...x 2...or x's 3

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
what happened to the OP ?

Tiff are you around ?

I think reality has hit her like a wet blanket. She said initially that she did her homework but then started asking all the wrong questions that lead me to believe that she really had no clue what to expect living in the DR. I think, sadly, we chased her away.

drescape24

Bronze
Nov 2, 2011
Do you really think that there are adults out there from the first world without 20 k ? That blows my mind
Yes , there are plenty of people from the first world who don't have $20,000 in the bank. Unfortunately it's true.

drescape24

Bronze
Nov 2, 2011
Things happen and its important to be prudent and not take on debt loads that are not sustainable. We have all had our ups and downs financially. I am referring to people that are nearing the end of their working years and are planing to retire. If after 35 plus years of working they havent been able to get 20k together they have nobody to blame but themselves
Your correct, I agree with you.

drSix

Silver
Oct 13, 2013
I live about five min outside of Sosua, on the Cabarete side. Rent prices in my neighborhood are in the US$1200-2500 a month range. There are some cheaper condos and apartments close by. I also have children who attend school here. I feel safe, the kids have things to do. We go to Sosua to the restaurants and the beaches. (Actually, the only time we have had problems with theft and being hoodwinked is in Puerto Plata). At night, there are prostitutes in Sosua. If you take your family to a restaurant on a Friday night, your kids will see the girls dressed up and working. But, to be honest, I can never tell the difference between a puta and a Dominican girl dressed up to go out.

You only need to be a few min outside Sosua to not be part of the 'culture'. There are plenty of families in the area, plenty of kids, activities, and friends to meet.