grim death for dominican lawyer

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
The spokesman is a 'hablador'.
Prosecutors do not set a suspect free, that is done by a judge.
BTW, any 'ladron' is given 3 months 'coerci?n' and murder suspects are let go? :rolleyes:

The Dominican Republic is not a lawless country, but police, prosecutors and judges behave as if there were not any laws.
There is no hope for the foreseeable future....

donP

i agree there is no hope. not for at least the next 10 generations. these guys are so corrupt that they don?t care what anyone else thinks. they know that anyone with a pulse can figure out that if a guy can go to preventive detention for being suspected of stealing a broom, then a guy should be liable for preventive detention in a murder case. however, highly placed officials in the DR know that nobody can do anything to them when they commit these heinous acts of aiding and abetting criminals, because there is no seperation between politicians and judiciary, and the system will always immunize them from the repercussions of their misdeeds. they know nobody can do anything to them.

the DR is lawless, because simply having statutes on books does not mean that there is law.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
dv8 that was a rather terse response to masstache and your response leads to more questions than the alleged corrections you gave.

terse? it was polite.
alleged corrections? facts as presented by the press and updated accordingly to new article released.
leads to more questions? this is an open investigation.

donP

Dec 14, 2008
No Hope

... there is no seperation between politicians and judiciary, and the system will always immunize them from the repercussions of their misdeeds. they know nobody can do anything to them.

The separation of powers is requirement and principle of a functioning democracy.
In this country it simply does not work.
It's mafialand, ruled by money.

The fourth power is often seen in a free and investigative press.
Critical journalists in this country have been murdered, threatened or paid off.
{'Merited journalists' get state pensions in their fourties...}

As said, there is no hope, no democracy.

donP

donP

Dec 14, 2008

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
The separation of powers is requirement and principle of a functioning democracy.
In this country it simply does not work.
It's mafialand, ruled by money.

The fourth power is often seen in a free and investigative press.
Critical journalists in this country have been murdered, threatened or paid off.
{'Merited journalists' get state pensions in their fourties...}

As said, there is no hope, no democracy.

donP

well, the country has had a history of dictatorship, and has not yet transitioned to democracy. people tend to make the common mistake of equating participatory elections with democracy, but democracy is made of sterner stuff. the DR is decades away from any pretense at being a democratic political system. i do not know if it will ever get there, but with the way the system is formatted at present, the only sure thing i can say is that no DR1 member will be around to witness that event.

chic

Silver
Nov 20, 2013
I was told this guys lawyers came in with 3-4 million pesos and paid everyone off and he walked out a couple hours after being arrested and he went straight airport and flew away. Think about it ? People get put in 3 month preventive custody all the time here for everything and the police let this guy go ?? Money the only law in the DR

can i get into law enforcement here???

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
she was an adult and in full right to entertain herself with a man. or men.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
don't put a blame on her. so maybe she was promiscuous. but that's not a reason to kill her. if it was you'd have to finish off majority of dominican population.

Kipling333

Bronze
Jan 12, 2010
JDJones.. like you I find it strange....but there is no suggestion that she was to meet this man to entertain herself , nor the slightest suggestion that she was promiscuous. The simple fact is that we do not know why she left her young children to meet a man who was to murder her .

redserge

Jan 30, 2011
JDJones.. like you I find it strange....but there is no suggestion that she was to meet this man to entertain herself , nor the slightest suggestion that she was promiscuous. The simple fact is that we do not know why she left her young children to meet a man who was to murder her .

People with children, leave the kids with a sitter for many reasons. from dating to business trips. You state she left her young children to meet a man who was to murder her. I highly doubt her intentions were to become a murder victim. You are coming across as condemning the victim and trying to assign blame to her in this matter.

Jumbo

Bronze
Jul 8, 2005
I hope her family gets to look this animal in the face soon in a court room. I know many families that live on Domingo Guillen that runs into Jar. del Norte from Rosario Sanchez. Been visiting that area for 10 years and hope this is only an isolated incident. But of what I saw in March it seems there is a building boom and was told it was drug money from abroad.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
People with children, leave the kids with a sitter for many reasons. from dating to business trips. You state she left her young children to meet a man who was to murder her. I highly doubt her intentions were to become a murder victim. You are coming across as condemning the victim and trying to assign blame to her in this matter.

i agree. her kids are 13, 11 and 7, according to papers. a mother has a right to get away from her chores, whether to go to the salon or to the cabana. it's nobody's business. she might have thought she was going out on a date, to have fun, to share with a guy she liked. ain't nothing wrong with that.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
this case is capturing interest of many dominicans who are discussing mistakes committed during investigation process: ?Merecen una sanci?n los responsables de dejar en libertad a Nepomuceno Rodr?guez? - listindiario.com

maybe this case will change in how feminicidios are handled by authorities? the sentences are usually harsh, providing that the murderer is captured and the investigation is carried all the way to the end. but the permissiveness of the authorities and general public is scary. too often a woman is killed by a partner she previously reported to the police for threatening her and nothing was done.

Kipling333

Bronze
Jan 12, 2010

absolutely NOT correct...If i wanted to say that ..I would have written... to meet a man whom she knew was going to murder her.. We just do not know any of the facts except what the three men in custody have said .

Kipling333

Bronze
Jan 12, 2010
of course dv8.. you only have to look at the dates..she was reported missing on the 6th may , the police interrogated the man now accused on the 12 th , the man left the DR on 13 th and the 3 men gave vital evidence on the 24 th. ..The judge said that the man must return to court at a later date and was released into the custody of a military /lawyer .
The police must have been aware that this man was somehow involved as he was brought in for questioning and appeared before a judge who did not follow the mandatory detention law and no ban was placed on his exiting the DR .
no wonder people are concerned

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
april, not may. but yes, police had suspicions, they knew napomuceno was the man who invited the woman over and paid for the cab. i know that often the suspects are kept in custody for days if not weeks without being presented with evidence or charges. yet not in this case.