Gringa/sankie, even in santiago :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

onesweetone

Jun 26, 2006
American Girl

Yes Anna,
They live here but visit the DR at least once or twice a year. They bring their family members over for visits when they can and I go with them to the DR and I stay with them in their home or the home of other family members. We visit the beach and stay at the AI's when visiting other parts of the country. They are very nice people. Just because they live here now does not make them less Dominican:cheeky:

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Sankies are the only ones who would talk to them. Middle and Upper Class dominicans won't talk or socialize with a foreigner, unless that foreigner was introduced by a Dominican within their circle. Those Dominicans will not approach you for anything, not even for the time of day and if you try approaching them, they will look you "up and down" and wonder what you want. If you are able to conversate with them, the FIRST question will be "OK Julie/John, what do you do?" and you better reply with something professional or you'll be labeled and rejected. You have to be accepted within their circle and once you are in their circle, gringas/gringos could be introduced to some nice working professional Dominicans. Or maybe you gringas don't want that type, to each his own.

It's very very rare for a gringa/gringo to socialize with anything other than Sankies and Barrio types.

And that folks is called hitting the nail on the head!

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Once again, ricardo is 100% right.

Now to the rest of the folks: I am not talking about race issue or opposite attraction. I am talking about class issue here. Why the hell does he have to be from the bottom of the barrel? This guy was without a car, dressed poorly like a tigre, looked like some one who washes your windshield on red light. Now this girl was young, attractive and delicate looking. She could easily score with a better looking guy who is not only nice, cooks good but also has a nice car. All she has to do is show some class and elegancy. But noooooo, it has to be the scum from the street all the time. So please don't bother explaining that some women don't like tom cruise types, I am totally aware of the fact that there are some serious trailor trash in north america.
AZB

onesweetone

Jun 26, 2006
American Girl

AZB,
You assume to much which only makes an a.. out of you!!! I am not trailer trash from North America or an ex-pat that could not score on the mainland and had to move to some third world country to get a partner!!! I am a professional with a good job and I earn my own money so I don't judge books by their cover. I like to read first!!

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
AZB,
You assume to much which only makes an a.. out of you!!! I am not trailer trash from North America or an ex-pat that could not score on the mainland and had to move to some third world country to get a partner!!! I am a professional with a good job and I earn my own money so I don't judge books by their cover. I like to read first!!

so why are you defending the sankie/gringa love with a low life?
Why not admire your own types and stick to them for a change?
Why does it have to be only a loser who is attractive, cooks good and dances like a pro, et? Seems like you haven't seen any other types other than the resort tigres. if you had known personally any other types, you would be the first one to agree with me.
AZB

onesweetone

Jun 26, 2006
American Girl

AZB,
I did not say that I was in defense with anyone and I did not say that I disagreed with you. I said, I could understand why she liked to be with a Dominican man, so that you would not pull out your hair!!!! I just gave you some reasons from "my" North American view. You don't know me or my boyfriend to try and call us or anyone else low life? This thread was just your observation from inside of your car so you don't know their story either.;)

shadInToronto

On Vacation....
Nov 16, 2003
...You assume to much which only makes an a.. out of you!!!
No assumptions, rather he arrived at a conclusion based on facts observed and his experience in dealing with and observing middle class Dominicans. As many have stated repeatedly, in the majority of cases, only lower class Dominicans will interact with tourists.

sjh

aka - shadley
Jan 1, 2002
www.geocities.com
I am going to point out a changeing fad in the US that may explain some behaviour. Women in the US are getting tired of dating pretty, useless, shaved girlly boys. Some of them come here and find a place where men are MEN (masculine) and women are WOMEN (feminine) and get so excited they forget to look beyond it.

but seriously folks, dating out of your class is tough, dateing WAY out of your class is just a mess. A gringa with a decent job dating motoconcho joe is going to be a disaster everytime.

onesweetone

Jun 26, 2006
American Girl

Thanks Shad for clearing that up.:cheeky: AZB was referring to "me" as trailer trash which is where I had to state "my" case.:ermm::devious: I know that you guys know far more than me about Dominican culture and I love to read your threads, but it is just not cool to make so many assumptions about people that you don't really know. I am not a first time visitor to the DR but I just gave AZB a few reasons why some North American women may find Dominican men to be good company. I was not talking about their class or lack thereof. I just gave some reasons why I find Dominican men interesting.

onesweetone

Jun 26, 2006
American Girl

[Some of them come here and find a place where men are MEN (masculine) and women are WOMEN (feminine) and get so excited they forget to look beyond it.QUOTE]

Well said I must say.:cheeky:

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Thanks Shad for clearing that up.:cheeky: AZB was referring to "me" as trailer trash which is where I had to state "my" case.:ermm::devious: I know that you guys know far more than me about Dominican culture and I love to read your threads, but it is just not cool to make so many assumptions about people that you don't really know. I am not a first time visitor to the DR but I just gave AZB a few reasons why some North American women may find Dominican men to be good company. I was not talking about their class or lack thereof. I just gave some reasons why I find Dominican men interesting.

At first, I was not specifically talking about you, rather the women whom you wee describing and their taste in men.
By the way, when I saw those people hand in hand walking down on the street, I didn't make any assumptions, I knew exactly what it was all about. Its the same old story every time. Nothing changes.
AZB

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
La espero.......

This morning I was driving to work and just couldn't believe my eyes. There was this young gringa (around 25 or 26 yrs old), very cute with long hair and nice body.
First of all, YOU owe me an APOLOGY!!.

A few years back I told you that Santiago was NOT exempt from SANKIETISM and you ripped my head off.

Hey brotha, maybe he was one of those Dom-Yorks who goes to the DR with their g/f's and don't even have enough money to rent a car.

Or buy an umbrella, for the sun, wahahahahahahahaha!!.

Alyonka

Silver
Jun 3, 2006
I think it is all about being in a different country alone without any kind of experience. It is very easy to meet someone who seems to be nice to you, spends time with you, tells you interesting things, makes you laugh and shows you around. People who live there don't have the same sort of interest in a new environment as we, tourists, do. It is all exciting to us. It can be easy for some attractive and smooth talker to get to someone young and naive.

Musicqueen

Miami Nice!
Jan 31, 2002
Once again, ricardo is 100% right.

Now to the rest of the folks: I am not talking about race issue or opposite attraction. I am talking about class issue here. Why the hell does he have to be from the bottom of the barrel? This guy was without a car, dressed poorly like a tigre, looked like some one who washes your windshield on red light. Now this girl was young, attractive and delicate looking. She could easily score with a better looking guy who is not only nice, cooks good but also has a nice car. All she has to do is show some class and elegancy. But noooooo, it has to be the scum from the street all the time. So please don't bother explaining that some women don't like tom cruise types, I am totally aware of the fact that there are some serious trailor trash in north america.
AZB

Someone like you, AZB...is that what you meant??? :cheeky: Oh, boy...I'm telling you...the nerve of some women!!!! Why didn't she looked around first??? She could have scored a DOCTOR!!!! Shame on her!!!!!;)

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Someone like you, AZB...is that what you meant??? :cheeky: Oh, boy...I'm telling you...the nerve of some women!!!! Why didn't she looked around first??? She could have scored a DOCTOR!!!! Shame on her!!!!!;)

Oh, I see, it has to be me or a windshield washer, right? There are no more guys in between us. Is this what some of you believe? Thanks, I have a girlfriend who out classes all of these trash lovers. I am only pointing out that some of these north american women simply don't know their own prices, or maybe they do. I wonder if she dates illegal mexian dishwashers back in her own country?
What puzzles me is that there are many good men around in DR, all you have to do, look around, open up the eyes. There are a ton of eddy herraras in santiago, so naturally she should feel cheap walking hand in hand with a tigre when so many women are being driven around in nicer cars. Yet the sad part is, she doesn't feel cheap and certainly is not motivated to find a more suitable man who would make her proud. You women struggle in north america to get ahead in life, find a better career, drive a respectable car and live in a safe upscale area, yet the same women do not hold the same goals in finding men when they come to DR. They find the first cheap labor class man they come in contact and then dream of having his kids. Its sad when they call them, my finace, my novio, my husband etc. Why can't you women see that santiago is full of fancy cars, fancy apartments, houses etc. Some one must drive these cars and live in these houses. So why settle for this cheap skinny malvestido when she can score with a better society person? But if she is a cheap trailor trash in her mind, then naturally she will be attracted to the labor class guy that she already has in life. So please don't tell me this BS that opposite attract etc. There are tons of black santiagueros who are way better off that that tigre she was with. I am sure if this girl dresses up well, hold herself to higher standards and goes to a tribecca, she will definitely attract attention of a few Eddy Herraras. Too bad she will be sipping brugal in some cheap carwash in monteRico barrio with other motoconchos.
AZB

Musicqueen

Miami Nice!
Jan 31, 2002
Oh, boy!!!! Did I strike a nerve??? IT WAS A JOKE!!!!! Lighten up, AZB!!! I thought we had called a truce a long time ago!!! Sorry if it offended you...didn't mean it that way!!!
Shhhheeeesssszzzz!!!!!!

Anyway, I know I won't be able to convince you...even though I mentioned this before...I dated a VERY RICH, VERY GOOD LOOKING, VERY WELL ENDOWED, VERY WELL EDUCATED Dominican lawyer here in the US...and he turned out to be an asshole!!!!!

He had NONE of the qualities many of these 'barrio' boys or sankies or whatever you want to call them had...according to YOUR standards...he would have made the perfect mate...well, I'll tell you what...I would trade him for any of those other types any day of the week...The guy spent more time looking in the mirror than I did!!!!!

So, don't judge...don't generalize...live and let live...why are worrying your pretty little bald head about this, anyway??? It doesn't concern you, it doesn't affect you....she's not asking for YOUR money, HE's not asking for YOUR money either...

Let her enjoy herself and then come here and post her story...so we can all have something to read and write about...;)

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
AZB, why do you torture yourself? Most of the people replying to you don't even live here.

They think they know what's what after visiting here a few times and their daily dose of DR1. Actually some should know better, especially as 95% of the time you're spot on.

The trouble is they bring their own cultural values and what they see around them to the thread, which is often so far removed from the reality of the DR, it's really funny.

Why do you think the people that are agreeing with you usually live here, because they understand, they live and breathe it.

You can't lead a horse to water.... Just like you can't lead a Gringa that's visiting to a better class of Dominicans.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Anyway, I know I won't be able to convince you...even though I mentioned this before...I dated a VERY RICH, VERY GOOD LOOKING, VERY WELL ENDOWED, VERY WELL EDUCATED Dominican lawyer here in the US...and he turned out to be an asshole!!!!!

Oh, I see, so you are done with lawyer type guys now, back to the barrio, right?
So let me ask you this, if you have some infection in your ear and you go visit a doctor and lets say, you are not cured. Are you done with doctors forever?
If you go to one chinese restaurant and find food to be nasty, are you done with all chinese restaurants for life?
Hahahaha. No, in real life you would find another doctor who will cure your symptoms and find a better chinese restaurant to your liking. So which brings me to this: you had dated a lawyer who spent time in front of mirrors all day, so I guess this means all lawyers are fags and assholes? You will never date another lawyer type again? This is why you chose tony?
Nevermind, I know why.
truce.
AZB

Status
Not open for further replies.