Gringa/sankie, even in santiago :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
You can't lead a horse to water.... Just like you can't lead a Gringa that's visiting to a better class of Dominicans.

I think the old saying is "you can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink it";)

or in this case

"you can lead them to these threads but you can't make them understand"

2LeftFeet

Bronze
Dec 1, 2006
OMG -- not... not... not... in SANTIAGO. They're now migrating to the High CLASS city of SANTIAGO!! Flee to the hills!!!

Estoy te relajando!

Some women have the bad boy syndrome/or the rescue syndrome. Got me. You wouldn't catch me with a window washer type.

But some women like it and want it.

I guess it's exciting, different, dangerous, and sexy to them....??????

To each his or in this case her own!

Musicqueen

Miami Nice!
Jan 31, 2002
I couldn't tell you in public forum why I chose my sweetheart!!!! It would not be appropiate!!! He, he!!! ;)

Yes, truce...

onesweetone

Jun 26, 2006
American Girl

I didn't make any assumptions, I knew exactly what it was all about. Its the same old story every time. Nothing changes.
AZB
I wonder if she dates illegal mexian dishwashers back in her own country?

AZB
There you go making another a... of yourself!!! Not all Mexicans in the U.S. are illegal and washing dishes so stop with the stereotyping!!
All men that drive fancy cars or wear Gucci or Oscar de la Renta don't have class. Fancy material things don't make a house a home either. Fancy materials can make you comfortable but those things don't talk to you, nor can they show you affection when you want it. I don't think N.A. women go to the DR looking for low life relationships. We can find bad relationships right here! There are some women right here with all of the materials that a wealthy man or wealthy woman can buy but they are not happy. I see nothing wrong with two adults, holding hand, minding their own business, and having a great time together. Maybe, deep down inside, you wanted her for yourself and you know that you can't have a women like that one, you are so jealous to see her with a man that you see as less than yourself making her feel happy. You said that you have a relationship with a beautiful woman so don't worry...be happy:bunny: You can't have everyone:bunny:

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
OMG -- not... not... not... in SANTIAGO. They're now migrating to the High CLASS city of SANTIAGO!! Flee to the hills!!!

Estoy te relajando!

Some women have the bad boy syndrome/or the rescue syndrome. Got me. You wouldn't catch me with a window washer type.

But some women like it and want it.

I guess it's exciting, different, dangerous, and sexy to them....??????

To each his or in this case her own!

I'm sure if they knew how ridiculous they looked and how most locals ridicule them, the true motives, then they wouldn't do it, just like they wouldn't do it back home.

The reality for most Gringas and sankies or barrio rats here is this...

See that guy your with, he's had more unprotected sex with more chopas from the barrio than you can count to. By the way, he's never been tested. Let's also add to the list, the woman he has slapped about a bit to assert his "machismo", or the girlfriends or wife he cheats on etc. He's using you and he talks to all his friends about you, yes, all the details. They all think your a piece of white trash, but hey, Ramon is the man, right!

I have lost count the amount of times I have heard this story. Actually, a few times from female posters on this board, sad but true.

It's ignorance, nothing more, nothing less. You need to start thinking of the mentality a dog has and how it goes about surviving, then you might start to get it.

I love this country! ;)

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
onesweetone, please read robert's response above, read and learn from it.
Now about me dreaming of being with that white-trash rather than the barrio rat? hahahaha. you should meet the girls I date, you have no idea. People know me on DR1 and know what I got. So you keep assuming as well.
Robert is right on the money, read his post and learn.
AZB

onesweetone

Jun 26, 2006
American Girl

AZB,
I am glad I could make you laugh. I have been reading for sometime now so I understand what Robert is saying.

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
AZB and anyone else who may want to chime in...

This is not a new phenomenon, for a couple of reasons.

Don't accuse me of being a psychologist but here are my insights.

When young women act out, they unusually act out sexually, dating men that they find dangerous and taboo. And if it annoys their parents all the better.

The taboo portion being the overemphasis on various sexual stereotypes(black men having large members, latins being "hot and passionate" lovers) that makes these guys attractive to them.

I saw this in Brazil and I never once questioned it. Beautiful girls from the nicer parts of town going into the slums and dating the local drug dealers and loving it. They couldn't be happier.

I see this is NYC, where a beautiful girl would prefer the company of a tatooed wife-beater t-shirt wearing loser. And it makes me feel like pulling my hair out too because these are the same girls that talk about how there aren't any good men around.

So if a guy takes pride in his appearance he is accused of either being a metro sexual(which is a feminizing, condescending slur as far as I'm concerned) or a straight-out homosexual.

It seems as if these women won't respect a man unless there is the threat that they'll get slapped if they say or do something stupid and out of line.

Those barrio tigres are the ones that make them feel safe, and it feels exciting to them dating someone from this background.

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
Questions for Robert...

You can't lead a horse to water.... Just like you can't lead a Gringa that's visiting to a better class of Dominicans.[/QUOTE]

What would you have a young lady do in the DR when her time is limited?

Wouldn't it make sense that she'll gravitate to those who are friendly towards her?

If Dominicans from the middle and upper-middle class wouldn't give a turista the time of day, then what exactly is she supposed to do? Be lonely? How is she supposed to have a good time and meet people when these avenues are closed to her?

Could a NA woman in this situation find companionship in the short time she may have on the island from a better class of Dominican gentleman if she doesn't know anyone to introduce her to this type of person?

What if she is there for only a week and only wants to have a good time?

You really can"t blame tourists for this. You can criticize them for lacking better judgement, but it is no different from teenagers who descend on Panama City in Florida or college students who go to Cancun for spring break.

The purpose is to blow off steam, get laid and have fun. But even so, even if this wasn't the case, you really don't present too much hope for anything better.

You can't criticize a NA girl for going out with chopos and in the same sentence say that better-class Dominicans would never even give her the time of day because she is a turista.

If you're going to criticize at least present some avenues so that these people have a choice.

I've heard alot of criticism in this regard but no solutions as to how to fix it.

So please, fell free to tell us how these young women can break into these circles you speak of. Instead of telling us how we don't understand, help us understand.

Janin

On Vacation....
Jul 31, 2007
Always The Perfect Match

....What if she is there for only a week and only wants to have a good time?
....The purpose is to blow off steam, get laid and have fun.
.... but no solutions as to how to fix it.
.... help us understand.

Just let it happen.
No need to understand, nothing needs to be fixed.

From all we know (here on DR1) and see (here in reality) one can rest assured that almost always the right people meet... :cheeky::bunny::tired:

And that's gooood.

Janin

2LeftFeet

Bronze
Dec 1, 2006
Unfortunately, so many women do this. They sell themselves short. In the end so many wind up paying for their mistakes/bad decisions. They get pregnant and are stuck with this loser for the rest of their lives, they get a disease or whatever.

In NYC there was recently a case where this educated young woman had been involved with a LOSER. No education, no job, locked up a couple of times. Her parents were both NYU professors. She had a lot going for her. She was attractive, and intelligent. Her friends told her to leave him and she didn't and he killed her.

Sometimes you do things--- go to the DR, meet someone that is not of your intelligence and economic background. You have a good time-- look like an a$$ to the locals ( you'll never see them again) and eventually move on. There is no harm done.

Sometimes you do stupid things--- meet someone in the DR who is not your equal, be taken advantage of emotionally, and financially. You eventually realize it. Your pride and wallet hurt. You move on.

Sometimes you do really stupid things--- meet someone in the DR who isn't your equal on any level. You financially and emotionally support them. You don't listen to ANYONE'S advice and marry them or catch a disease.

DISASTER

After the past couple of go arounds with women who have posted and think their "man is different" I'm now a firm believer of

People want to see what they want to see and believe what they want to believe.

When they are really ready to face the reality of the situation THEY will.

It could take another 6 months or NEVER.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Berzin has some valid point and some serious questions that need further explanations on my part.
First of all, Robert is pointing those typical tourists that come here, drunk on cuba libre -yeeee haaaa types, shorts and t shirts. These tourists have no hope anywhere in the dominican society. They are bound towards the sankies and barrio rats.

Now the lady who was in question in the first post had a better chance than many. She was young and very attractive. She could easily pass for a cute santiaguera. She could even look quite elegant only if she gets rid of this guy who was with her. All she has to do is clean up, go to a beauty salon, wash her hair, improve her looks. Go to plaza internacional and see how the girls from good families are dressed and see what attracts the men who look like eddy herreras. This is all simple, all could he learned in 1 hour. All you have to do is open up your eyes. Just take a look around, how many girls in plaza internacional are dressed like her, baggy pants, how many have a hippy T shirt on, how many are walking around with a barrio tigre etc etc? This is no rocket science, its all simple observations. Now before you come to DR, log on the Badoo and make friends with girls who look like they are from society and guys as well. You will be surprised to know, how many speak and write in english and they are so friendly in nature. Yes folks, you don't have to be dirt poor from montellano to be friendly and down to earth types, the middle class to upper middle class folks are also very friendly and generous in their friendship to others. All they want in return is for you to act decent and take pride in yourself, Do not show up with a animation team member from sosua when they invite you to a party.Do not bring your friend papo (the motoconcho from navarete). This is all common sense. Once you are already in company of the decent dominicans, then there is nothing more to do, they will set you up with all you need. This is the perfect medium to meet good looking guys with nice cars, guys who don't need your money or your visa. Now is this too difficult to figure out? This girl in question can simply go to francifol or tribecca and meet a ricky martin in the first 5 minutes. She was that cute. But noooo, they generally don't like those types of place because they feel so much better in a carwash with tigres.
AZB

Ricardo900

Silver
Jul 12, 2004
One of the problems with these Gringas/Sankies relationships, is that they continue with this farce, it's one thing to screw around with a Sankie/Puta while your on vacation having fun and its another when you are sending them money and filling-out immigration papers for them. Trust me there are many "well off" Dominicans that pick up Barrio chicas in their Jeepetas with tinted windows, take them to cabanas off the highway with parking in the back, screw-em and dump-em off near their barrio. They will not be seen walking hand & hand with them, they will not take them to social gatherings and they will NEVER, EVER carry a serious relationship with them. They are very conscious on how they are percieved by their peers and will never risk it. Very Class-based society.

The problem is that Tourists come to this country and will look at everything thru their "North American Eyes", it doesn't matter if they meet a nice taxi/concho driver or they're refused entry into a club. They will think "NA" first and judge everything from that perspective, which is OK in NYC or Florida, but its not OK in the DR (When In Rome). There is reason why your college educated counterparts won't touch a Sankie and if you don't live here or socialize with Dominicans in your NA cities, you will never know. That's why the "Sankie Thread" is alive and jumping. Gringas are falling for these Sankies, every day. So when you log in to DR1 and you here advice from people who lives here and knows what's happening, you should pay heed, because they are refering to 95% of those type of relationships. Don't try looking for that 5%, the odds are against you.

Last edited:

SUSBOS5

Jul 28, 2007
Now before you come to DR, log on the Badoo and make friends with girls who look like they are from society and guys as well. You will be surprised to know, how many speak and write in english and they are so friendly in nature. AZB

Not many people, especially younger people, really do that much research before going on vacation. If she really was an educated NA girl, maybe she would have. So she gets what she gets. I see exactly the same thing here in Fort Lauderdale & Miami during spring break. All the "players", some I know personally from many different backrounds and know that they will do anything possible not to miss a ladies night during those 6 weeks or so of endless possibilities, come out to play - I mean prey on all the pretty girls here on vacation. You see these super pretty girls with guys whom you swear you just saw the night before with another naieve victim. If they are looking for love their search will never end on a short vacation. I am sure this is nothing new but they will all learn their own lessons in due time.

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
Berzin has some valid point and some serious questions that need further explanations on my part.
First of all, Robert is pointing those typical tourists that come here, drunk on cuba libre -yeeee haaaa types, shorts and t shirts. These tourists have no hope anywhere in the dominican society. They are bound towards the sankies and barrio rats.

Now the lady who was in question in the first post had a better chance than many. She was young and very attractive. She could easily pass for a cute santiaguera. She could even look quite elegant only if she gets rid of this guy who was with her. All she has to do is clean up, go to a beauty salon, wash her hair, improve her looks. Go to plaza internacional and see how the girls from good families are dressed and see what attracts the men who look like eddy herreras. This is all simple, all could he learned in 1 hour. All you have to do is open up your eyes. Just take a look around, how many girls in plaza internacional are dressed like her, baggy pants, how many have a hippy T shirt on, how many are walking around with a barrio tigre etc etc? This is no rocket science, its all simple observations. Now before you come to DR, log on the Badoo and make friends with girls who look like they are from society and guys as well. You will be surprised to know, how many speak and write in english and they are so friendly in nature. Yes folks, you don't have to be dirt poor from montellano to be friendly and down to earth types, the middle class to upper middle class folks are also very friendly and generous in their friendship to others. All they want in return is for you to act decent and take pride in yourself, Do not show up with a animation team member from sosua when they invite you to a party.Do not bring your friend papo (the motoconcho from navarete). This is all common sense. Once you are already in company of the decent dominicans, then there is nothing more to do, they will set you up with all you need. This is the perfect medium to meet good looking guys with nice cars, guys who don't need your money or your visa. Now is this too difficult to figure out? This girl in question can simply go to francifol or tribecca and meet a ricky martin in the first 5 minutes. She was that cute. But noooo, they generally don't like those types of place because they feel so much better in a carwash with tigres.
AZB

Well AZB, it IS too hard for some people to figure out. And common sense doesn't always make it to those who need it most.

This is why your reply is essential for tourists on how to get these things accomplished-they can have fun, meet people and not lose their dignity and pride in a foreign land.

Excellent reply.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
Yes folks, you don't have to be dirt poor from montellano to be friendly and down to earth types, the middle class to upper middle class folks are also very friendly and generous in their friendship to others. All they want in return is for you to act decent and take pride in yourself, Do not show up with a animation team member from sosua when they invite you to a party. Do not bring your friend papo (the motoconcho from navarete).

AZB you make a very good point IMO, many Domincians are very concious about their looks and the looks of their company.

I have had my cunada, who is relatively poor by the way, who works with a lot of Doctors being a nurse complain incessantly to my wife that I should dress like an "engineer" on my daily rounds paying bills or stopping by the house for a visit. I have no problem dressing up but also, I have noticed that some Dominicans feel "uneasy" in the presence of a "Don" type so I typically dress in clean jeans and a t shirt with a ball cap. I really don't feel comfortable "dressing" to impress for all occasions.

Also, I have friends and a whole lot of family on the wife's side of course who are relatively poor but anything but tigueres. They are as a good as people as I have met in this world, faults included. Therefore, I find it somewhat shallow that a motoconcho driver wouldn't be invited to "hang out" with "classy" people because of his occupation. If the fellow dresses correctly for the suituation and carries himself well I really don't see why this person should be excluded just because he comes from the poor side of town.

Status
Not open for further replies.