Haiti Seeks Reparations From France.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Canadian Forces personnel have finished training police forces from Belize, the Bahamas, and Jamaica. The training was done in Jamaica and included first aid in combat zones, peace keeping duties, etc. The multinational police forces are ready to deploy to Haiti but everything is on hold until the Kenyans arrive on Haitian soil. The UN still continues to fiddle while Haiti burns. When and if the Kenyans arrive is anybody’s guess. Maybe the UN is hoping if they continue to ignore Haiti, the internal problems will resolve themselves.
When the Kenyans arrive:: For $500 million USD? Answer: Never. I thought that was already decided.

So I guess no mercenaries will be going at all .

Buzz65

Jul 13, 2017
When the Kenyans arrive:: For $500 million USD? Answer: Never. I thought that was already decided.

So I guess no mercenaries will be going at all .
Benin also wants to get on board with the MSS (Multinational Security Support) mision:

"Benin announced plans to contribute at least 1,500 personnel—a significant addition to the 1,000 policers officers that Kenya has pledged, and the smaller contributions announced by several Caribbean countries. Following Henry’s stated intention to resign, however, Kenya temporarily put on hold preparations for the deployment of the mission pending the appointment of a new Haitian government. Kenyan officials have also cited a lack of available funding for the mission as another impediment to deployment, as promised contributions from the US—the mission’s main financial backer—have been held up in the US Congress."

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Benin also wants to get on board with the MSS (Multinational Security Support) mision:

"Benin announced plans to contribute at least 1,500 personnel—a significant addition to the 1,000 policers officers that Kenya has pledged, and the smaller contributions announced by several Caribbean countries. Following Henry’s stated intention to resign, however, Kenya temporarily put on hold preparations for the deployment of the mission pending the appointment of a new Haitian government. Kenyan officials have also cited a lack of available funding for the mission as another impediment to deployment, as promised contributions from the US—the mission’s main financial backer—have been held up in the US Congress."
As I mentioned, I don't think my homeland is going to pony up 500 million USD for a thousand Kenyan mercenaries, and that is what all the other troops/cops/mercs from other countries are based upon happening first.. So it is just words on a page for all of them to feel good about and nobody will be sent. Then they can blame it on the USA and of course France, Bill Clinton, etc..

Ecoman1949

Born to Ride.
Oct 17, 2015
You can always ask. And some liberals will support such a sins of the father plan. They won't be getting it.
Demanding reparations while your country is in crash and burn mode has no credibility. They have the same chance as the Jamaicans have getting reparation money from King Charles, a snow ball‘s chance in hell. If he opened his wallet, a lot of other countries would come knocking on his castle door.

Maybe the Haitian motivation is due to awareness of the billions being spent on Aboriginal reparations in Canada and the potential millions of dollars of reparations in Massachusetts for some black communities. I guess if you’re going to grasp at straws, they should be financially rewarding ones.

Reactions: Unit5 and windeguy