haitian integration, while the island be unified once again, once and for all?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
!

wventura said:
How are you so sure that the country will go to ****, after being unified???? Please explain.

"but leave the opinions on this matter to the people that love this place and who's ancestors have bled for what little we have"

The D.R is my country as well, and my ancestry. I love the D.R and I think unification, will change Quisqueya for the better.

And what are you referring to when you say "whos ancestors have bled for what little we have".?? Do you have a specific historical event in mind when you say that??

It's obvious that you don't know what you are talking about. You think the world is as easy as painting on canvas, and even that takes time and talent! You think that by just uniting it will all be well. Boy, you have it wrong. Keep in mind that the reason why the DR exist today is because Dominicans and Haitians CAN'T live together!! Dominicans revolted against the Haitian government not because we were not willing to live in one unified nation, but because the Haitian harrassed the sh*t out of us. They raped women like your mother for just being Dominican, they killed men like your father for just being Dominican, they stole land and property from Dominicans because they wanted too!! They were a barbaric anti-European and anti-Dominican culture that when they had the chance truly showed their revenge on us, and now you want to just unite!!! Give me a f*ken break!! But, fine! Eventhough I have a tendency to get very emotional when people even play with the idea of giving up, I'm going to hold myself for this one. Maybe all you need to do is do a bit more research for you to understand that the world is not as sweet as roses! But let me say this, if you don't care about who you are, if you don't care about your family living in the DR, if you don't care about the one country that made it possible for your parents to be who they are which eventually lead to your birth, if you don't value that it would be better for you to stay with your ignorant mind out of Hispaniolan issues because you don't know nothing!!! You know nothing when it comes to the DR!!! Eso lo digo como Dominicano que soy!

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
wventura said:
How are you so sure that the country will go to ****, after being unified???? Please explain.
QUOTE]

You can find the answer to that question by answering this question.

Why would a country that needs more educated people and help want to accept 7 million illiterate, poor, no good for the economy people? If you can sencerely answer that, than you know whay the country will go to hell after being unified!

Quisqueya

Bronze
Nov 10, 2003
Pure Ignorance!!!

Nal0whs said:
It's obvious that you don't know what you are talking about. You think the world is as easy as painting on canvas, and even that takes time and talent! You think that by just uniting it will all be well. Boy, you have it wrong. Keep in mind that the reason why the DR exist today is because Dominicans and Haitians CAN'T live together!! Dominicans revolted against the Haitian government not because we were not willing to live in one unified nation, but because the Haitian harrassed the sh*t out of us. They raped women like your mother for just being Dominican, they killed men like your father for just being Dominican, they stole land and property from Dominicans because they wanted too!! They were a barbaric anti-European and anti-Dominican culture that when they had the chance truly showed their revenge on us, and now you want to just unite!!! Give me a f*ken break!! But, fine! Eventhough I have a tendency to get very emotional when people even play with the idea of giving up, I'm going to hold myself for this one. Maybe all you need to do is do a bit more research for you to understand that the world is not as sweet as roses! But let me say this, if you don't care about who you are, if you don't care about your family living in the DR, if you don't care about the one country that made it possible for your parents to be who they are which eventually lead to your birth, if you don't value that it would be better for you to stay with your ignorant mind out of Hispaniolan issues because you don't know nothing!!! You know nothing when it comes to the DR!!! Eso lo digo como Dominicano que soy!

I am disgusted with some of remarks made by you. I can't believe the moderators allow you to babble hatred and permit you to say idiotic remarks. For one, Haitians do not want to take over your side of the island. You talk about haitians raping dominican women but I guess it was ok for the Spaniards to rape dominicans. Anything to "mejorar la raza". If you want to talk about invasion and crime. Lets talk about the dominicans taking yolas to PR and darkening Puerto Ricans. Or taking menial jobs that Puerto Ricans do not want. I can't believe the things that came out of your mouth.

BTW, I hope you don't think the Spaniards or even the Spanish descendant dominicans see you as part of "La Sociedad". You are nothing but a by product of an illegitimate child. I hope you know that your ancestors where slaves and barely could read or write Castellano. I guess in your mind you think your ancestors where at the dinner table eating Paella with Don Quijote. Reality is your ancestors were fetching his chancletas and preparing the next meal for the next day.

Its funny to see some dominicans thinking that they are part of the Real dominican society. Last but not least, stop talking about you fighting haitians till death because Haitians do not want to take over DR. Stop the madness at go fetch me your sister....

BTW, I was born and raised in Haiti. I went to the best French schools in Haiti "College Bird" and "Quisqueya University". I'll be damn if I let you life dominicans disrespect my country and your step father..... Its funny that you guys dont know how to act when the see a haitain lighter than them and treat you like dirt balls.. I wish you would try to start a war between us.. Tension among us are already high lets not manifest this hatred to the battle ground....

Its people like you who are making Haitians like myself hate dominicans. I wish you would realize your real oppressors were the Spaniards which treat domincans like "kaka" in Spain... Ban ti koko rat......Va chien!!!!!!

Forbeca

Bronze
Mar 5, 2003
wventura said:
There is no legitamate justification for the anti-haitian atitudes of Dominincans. So if they could try to forget about all the predjudices, and preconceived notions, of haiti (as well as color issues), I think it would be easy to cohabitate. Dominicans always say things like "Quiqueya la bella", so why not make that again and forget about being so divided.

Because it won't work. The DR is what it is. We want it to prosper yes, but a merger is absolutely out of the question.

wventura

Oct 21, 2003
Nal0whs said:
It's obvious that you don't know what you are talking about. You think the world is as easy as painting on canvas, and even that takes time and talent! You think that by just uniting it will all be well. Boy, you have it wrong. Keep in mind that the reason why the DR exist today is because Dominicans and Haitians CAN'T live together!! Dominicans revolted against the Haitian government not because we were not willing to live in one unified nation, but because the Haitian harrassed the sh*t out of us. They raped women like your mother for just being Dominican, they killed men like your father for just being Dominican, they stole land and property from Dominicans because they wanted too!! They were a barbaric anti-European and anti-Dominican culture that when they had the chance truly showed their revenge on us, and now you want to just unite!!!

This is the standard anti-haitian dominican delerium that plauges my home country. It really needs to end because it is incredibly unfounded, and exagerated. Its because of exagerated false propaganda like this, that dominicans maintain this sentiment. This government promoted haitian hate, is just an attempt to scapegoat haiti for all of dominican problems.

What is also VERY interesting to me, is that, dominicans would use, these minor incidents in the past between hait and D.R to demonize haiti FOREVER. But on the other hand pay they homage to spain, even though spain has cuased the most harm to the island; colonization, genocide, slavery, rape, and all of this is MASS proportions. If you want to describe anybody as "barbaric" it should be the Spanish, because they historically fit the definition.

Give me a f*ken break!! But, fine! Eventhough I have a tendency to get very emotional when people even play with the idea of giving up, I'm going to hold myself for this one.

Giving up???? giving up what?? What are you talking about? Haitian integration is in no means giving up.

But let me say this, if you don't care about who you are, if you don't care about your family living in the DR, if you don't care about the one country that made it possible for your parents to be who they are which eventually lead to your birth, if you don't value that it would be better for you to stay with your ignorant mind out of Hispaniolan issues because you don't know nothing!!!

Rediculous. I care more than you, and I know that haitian integration is not going to be the downfall of the dominican republic. And in addition, if you cared anything about all of your ancestors who died, and were enslaved, and were raped, you would never call the island "hispanola". I thouight it was Quisqueya?????

DRshooter

Apr 23, 2004
Quisqueya said:
Its people like you who are making Haitians like myself hate dominicans. I wish you would realize your real oppressors were the Spaniards which treat domincans like "kaka" in Spain... Ban ti koko rat......Va chien!!!!!!

Hate us all you want... but on your side!! Back in 1822 the haitians were recieved here with open arms... we cannot get along, please, haitians can't even get along with themselves let alone others.
The richest colony in THE WORLD to the poorest country in the hemisfere in less than 200 years.... who's fault is it??
An it's not because haitians are black...thats just a cop out, playing the ever popular race card. A lot of islands in the caribbean like jamaica are all black... are they in the situation haiti is in???
Where are your trees??? choped down, aids rampant, TB...
How many presidents have haitians assassinated??
How about all the white women and children haitians killed during the revolution?? You give as much as you get... Go to haiti and build it up, if you can, but leave the DR alone. We have enough problems. If you don't like us, that's your problem.

DRshooter

Apr 23, 2004
wventura said:
This is the standard anti-haitian dominican delerium that plauges my home country. It really needs to end because it is incredibly unfounded, and exagerated. Its because of exagerated false propaganda like this, that dominicans maintain this sentiment. This government promoted haitian hate, is just an attempt to scapegoat haiti for all of dominican problems.

What is also VERY interesting to me, is that, dominicans would use, these minor incidents in the past between hait and D.R to demonize haiti FOREVER. But on the other hand pay they homage to spain, even though spain has cuased the most harm to the island; colonization, genocide, slavery, rape, and all of this is MASS proportions. If you want to describe anybody as "barbaric" it should be the Spanish, because they historically fit the definition.

Giving up???? giving up what?? What are you talking about? Haitian integration is in no means giving up.

Rediculous. I care more than you, and I know that haitian integration is not going to be the downfall of the dominican republic. And in addition, if you cared anything about all of your ancestors who died, and were enslaved, and were raped, you would never call the island "hispanola". I thouight it was Quisqueya?????
The US and EU should take them... why don't they??, they are richer than we are. Open up all borders then...The US should take us all in... If not, leave me my side of the island the way it is...I like it this way.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Quisqueya said:
If you want to talk about invasion and crime. Lets talk about the dominicans taking yolas to PR and darkening Puerto Ricans. Or taking menial jobs that Puerto Ricans do not want. I can't believe the things that came out of your mouth.

BTW, I hope you don't think the Spaniards or even the Spanish descendant dominicans see you as part of "La Sociedad". You are nothing but a by product of an illegitimate child. I hope you know that your ancestors where slaves and barely could read or write Castellano. I guess in your mind you think your ancestors where at the dinner table eating Paella with Don Quijote. Reality is your ancestors were fetching his chancletas and preparing the next meal for the next day.

I'll respond to each of your comments in the way they are quoted above.

Comment 1: The samethings that came out of my mouth are the samething many (but not all) Puerto Ricans are saying about Dominicans. Many Americans are saying about Mexicans, many French are saying about Arabs, many Venezuelans are saying about Colombians, many Japanese are saying about Koreans. It's the type of stuff that comes out when people keep bringing up the stupid and obsurd idea of uniting or immigration the world over. I don't hide what I think or feel. But if you want me to make you think that I'm fine with this topic, don't expect it. I'm not a hypocrite, what you see is what I am, if you don't like it look the other way. There are many people that think the sameway I do about this Haitian uniting deal, but many just go with the flow to not upset the others who don't think that way. I don't, I put my ideas forward. Those that like them, fine, those that don't, fine also, but that is what I have concluded. Want to change my way of thinking, put some facts and lets talk.

Comment 2: I'm not part of any illegitimate family! My family is a mix of French, Spanish, and Dutch, so that doesn't apply to me personally. My ansestors were not slaves, but I must say that the slaves in the colony of Santo Domingo (ie. DR) were considered to be humans. That's something all other colonies never considered their slaves to be, slaves in other colonies were simply property. Did you know that the Colony of St. Domingue (ie. Haiti) only had a life expectancy of 6 months for the slaves. That's how harsh the french were onto them, contrary to what happen on the DR side where the offsprings of blacks were granted freedom and a slave could gain his/her freedom once their master died. Please, make sure you know who you're talking to next time.

Comment 3: I'm not responsible for feeling the way I do about the past betwen Haiti and the DR. After all, the Spaniards were the oppressors of the Taino indians (almost extinct by now). The blacks were treated rough, but better than in most other colony, even better than in Haiti where the blacks were treated the worst and the DR has been the most influenced by Spain. The Dominican Republic exist today because of the brutal way Haitians treated us when the entire island was under Haitian rule. THAT'S WHY THE DOMINICANS REVOLTED AGAINST THE HAITIANS AND WE GOT OUR INDEPENDENCE FROM HAITI. If Haitians would not have been so brutal as to kill entire families with machetes just for being either white or spanish speakers or followers of European religions, maybe the entire island would have been under haitian rule. But that is not the case, the DR came out of the desperation from the Dominicans to stop the Haitian ethnic cleansing of Dominicans. Of course, that did not stop the Haitians in their ethnic cleansing iin their own country. AFter all, Haitian authorities continued to kill all white and mulatto Haitians. Cities like Cap-Haitien, Jacmel, Les Cayes, Jeremie and Gonaive were thriving towns filled with wealth. These towns were considered the Parises of the new world. But, the Authorities wanted a black republic and they killed all Haitian whites and mulattos, not thinking of the economic consequences that would follow if they got rid of the money class. From that point forward, Haiti has been tumbling down a stream of misery and disaster. So please, if you are going to hate Dominicans, don't hate us because we feel a certain way. After all, if your people would have been kinder to us during your occupation, there probably would not have been any DR to speak of today and everyone would have been Haitian and happy of all colors. But the Haitians couldn't accept that. Thus, we arrive to the point we are today. Hate your past leaders for creating the tensions that still exist to this day between the DR and Haiti, they were the ones that started all of this.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
wventura said:
What is also VERY interesting to me, is that, dominicans would use, these minor incidents in the past between hait and D.R to demonize haiti FOREVER.

Minor incidents? MINOR INCIDENTS??????? YOU CALL GENOCIDE A MINOR INCIDENT????

PLEASE STOP POSTING!!! YOU ARE NOTHING MORE THAN A TRAITOR TO A COUNTRY THAT DID NOTHING TO YOUR PARENTS OTHER THAN GRANTING THEM THE RIGHT TO LIVE! THAT IS SOMETHING THAT WOULD NEVER HAD HAPPEN IF WE DIDN'T KICKED THE HAITIANS OUT. IN FACT, YOU WOULD NOT HAVE BEEN ALIVE TO TODAY BECAUSE YOUR ANCESTORS WOULD HAVE BEEN ALL KILLED. YOU THINK THIS IS JUST SOME STORY!! VILLAGES FILLED WITH PEOPLE CRYING, SCREAMING FOR HELP AND NOTHING BUT HAITIAN SOLDIERS MACHETING EVERYBODY IS WHAT ARRIVED. YOU CALL THAT A MINOR INCINDENT?????? GOD FORBID IF YOU EVER MAKE INTO DOMINICAN POLITICS BECAUSE IF YOU DO, YOU WILL BE CONSIDERED TO BE WORST THAN HIPPO, I PREFER AN ECONOMIC CRISIS THAN GIVING UP, WORST THAN HIPPO!!!

Quisqueya

Bronze
Nov 10, 2003
Do not disrepect!!!

DRshooter said:
Hate us all you want... but on your side!! Back in 1822 the haitians were recieved here with open arms... we cannot get along, please, haitians can't even get along with themselves let alone others.
The richest colony in THE WORLD to the poorest country in the hemisfere in less than 200 years.... who's fault is it??
An it's not because haitians are black...thats just a cop out, playing the ever popular race card. A lot of islands in the caribbean like jamaica are all black... are they in the situation haiti is in???
Where are your trees??? choped down, aids rampant, TB...
How many presidents have haitians assassinated??
How about all the white women and children haitians killed during the revolution?? You give as much as you get... Go to haiti and build it up, if you can, but leave the DR alone. We have enough problems. If you don't like us, that's your problem.

Listen,

I am not here to play no damn race card....but you know damn well if Chili wanted to unite with DR majority dominicans would think its a blessing from Altagracia....although Chilenos would vomit of the idea of merging with a black spanish speaking country..

How come i never hear u guys talk or raise hell about Spaniards raping your descendants and how they treat you in present day Spain? If you know your history we didn't not invade Santo Domingo(you weren't even dominicans yet) it was a mutual understanding on both sides. Obviously it wasn't a good idea but dont go saying that we were ur oppressors... I am disgusted by some of your coward remarks...if you guys were so tough say it(ur remarks) in front of a Haitian and see what we'll happen to your behind.....and I'm talking about those poor Haitians

We dont want ur country.........its funny u dummies don't even realize that there are also alot of haitian doctors and lawyers in the DR....PUCMM in Santiago has so many haitian students....

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Quisqueya said:
Listen,
We dont want ur country.........its funny u dummies don't even realize that there are also alot of haitian doctors and lawyers in the DR....PUCMM in Santiago has so many haitian students....

We do realize that. That's why we want to deport all those that are illegal here. Those studying at PUCMM, as long that they are paying for it and not using government resources that were meant for Dominicans, that's fine. Also, as long that those Haitians are in the country legally, that's fine also. It's the illegals taking resources that were not meant for them the ones causing the problems now.

Quisqueya

Bronze
Nov 10, 2003
Nal0whs said:
I'll respond to each of your comments in the way they are quoted above.

Comment 1: The samethings that came out of my mouth are the samething many (but not all) Puerto Ricans are saying about Dominicans. Many Americans are saying about Mexicans, many French are saying about Arabs, many Venezuelans are saying about Colombians, many Japanese are saying about Koreans. It's the type of stuff that comes out when people keep bringing up the stupid and obsurd idea of uniting or immigration the world over. I don't hide what I think or feel. But if you want me to make you think that I'm fine with this topic, don't expect it. I'm not a hypocrite, what you see is what I am, if you don't like it look the other way. There are many people that think the sameway I do about this Haitian uniting deal, but many just go with the flow to not upset the others who don't think that way. I don't, I put my ideas forward. Those that like them, fine, those that don't, fine also, but that is what I have concluded. Want to change my way of thinking, put some facts and lets talk.

I am not trying to tell you to change your way of thinking but show some respect...I think you even mentioned killing haitians....who do think ur are a wanna be Trujillo....who even had haitain ancestry.....OK, I respect your opinion about the influx of haitians in DR but if ur lazy people did the work then poor haitians wouldn't even have that opportunity....Stop using poor haitians as scapegoats....like at your own.....

Comment 2: I'm not part of any illegitimate family! My family is a mix of French, Spanish, and Dutch, so that doesn't apply to me personally. My ansestors were not slaves, but I must say that the slaves in the colony of Santo Domingo (ie. DR) were considered to be humans. That's something all other colonies never considered their slaves to be, slaves in other colonies were simply property. Did you know that the Colony of St. Domingue (ie. Haiti) only had a life expectancy of 6 months for the slaves. That's how harsh the french were onto them, contrary to what happen on the DR side where the offsprings of blacks were granted freedom and a slave could gain his/her freedom once their master died. Please, make sure you know who you're talking to next time.

Well, I not descendants of slaves either.....a trace my ancestors thru France, Spain, Syria......See, you are trying to justify what the spaniards did to ur people by comparing it with the french...that's is so lame and weak...Slavery is slavery... BTW, did you know haiti had as much mulattos as DR and moved to Cuba, PR or went east(DR) to settle when the black haitians started there uprise. I think you need to check urself and see that I dont fit ur stereotypical haitian....

Comment 3: I'm not responsible for feeling the way I do about the past betwen Haiti and the DR. After all, the Spaniards were the oppressors of the Taino indians (almost extinct by now). The blacks were treated rough, but better than in most other colony, even better than in Haiti where the blacks were treated the worst and the DR has been the most influenced by Spain. The Dominican Republic exist today because of the brutal way Haitians treated us when the entire island was under Haitian rule. THAT'S WHY THE DOMINICANS REVOLTED AGAINST THE HAITIANS AND WE GOT OUR INDEPENDENCE FROM HAITI. If Haitians would not have been so brutal as to kill entire families with machetes just for being either white or spanish speakers or followers of European religions, maybe the entire island would have been under haitian rule. But that is not the case, the DR came out of the desperation from the Dominicans to stop the Haitian ethnic cleansing of Dominicans. Of course, that did not stop the Haitians in their ethnic cleansing iin their own country. AFter all, Haitian authorities continued to kill all white and mulatto Haitians. Cities like Cap-Haitien, Jacmel, Les Cayes, Jeremie and Gonaive were thriving towns filled with wealth. These towns were considered the Parises of the new world. But, the Authorities wanted a black republic and they killed all Haitian whites and mulattos, not thinking of the economic consequences that would follow if they got rid of the money class. From that point forward, Haiti has been tumbling down a stream of misery and disaster. So please, if you are going to hate Dominicans, don't hate us because we feel a certain way. After all, if your people would have been kinder to us during your occupation, there probably would not have been any DR to speak of today and everyone would have been Haitian and happy of all colors. But the Haitians couldn't accept that. Thus, we arrive to the point we are today. Hate your past leaders for creating the tensions that still exist to this day between the DR and Haiti, they were the ones that started all of this.

Well, I am sorry for the behaviors of some of the haitains in the past but damn get over it....poor haitians aren't killing your people now....and they aren't the ones selling ur women to Argentina , Spain all over europe as concubines...

Haitians do not want to unite with you guys so stop making rumors b4 you might give poor haitians the idea and start a revolt in the DR...LOL...

Show us some respect or else....

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Quisqueya said:
Well, I am sorry for the behaviors of some of the haitains in the past but damn get over it....poor haitians aren't killing your people now....and they aren't the ones selling ur women to Argentina , Spain all over europe as concubines...

Haitians do not want to unite with you guys so stop making rumors b4 you might give poor haitians the idea and start a revolt in the DR...LOL...

Show us some respect or else....

Of course the Haitians don't want to unite with us. They don't want the Dominican people, they want the Dominican trees for more charcoal, the Dominican hotels, the Dominican arable and fruitful land. That's what they want! In Santo Domingo there has been an explosion of luxury apartment buildings in the last few years. Everytime I see a Dominican unemployed in the sidewalk, but a bunch of Haitians working in the construction side, that just makes me angry. Why should the Dominican have to starve in his own country and the Haitians take all the jobs. Trust me, Dominicans will fill the jobs Haitians are taking if the Haitians STOP taking those jobs!! It's that simple!!

wventura

Oct 21, 2003
Nal0whs said:
Minor incidents? MINOR INCIDENTS??????? YOU CALL GENOCIDE A MINOR INCIDENT????

PLEASE STOP POSTING!!! YOU ARE NOTHING MORE THAN A TRAITOR TO A COUNTRY THAT DID NOTHING TO YOUR PARENTS OTHER THAN GRANTING THEM THE RIGHT TO LIVE! THAT IS SOMETHING THAT WOULD NEVER HAD HAPPEN IF WE DIDN'T KICKED THE HAITIANS OUT. IN FACT, YOU WOULD NOT HAVE BEEN ALIVE TO TODAY BECAUSE YOUR ANCESTORS WOULD HAVE BEEN ALL KILLED. YOU THINK THIS IS JUST SOME STORY!! VILLAGES FILLED WITH PEOPLE CRYING, SCREAMING FOR HELP AND NOTHING BUT HAITIAN SOLDIERS MACHETING EVERYBODY IS WHAT ARRIVED. YOU CALL THAT A MINOR INCINDENT?????? GOD FORBID IF YOU EVER MAKE INTO DOMINICAN POLITICS BECAUSE IF YOU DO, YOU WILL BE CONSIDERED TO BE WORST THAN HIPPO, I PREFER AN ECONOMIC CRISIS THAN GIVING UP, WORST THAN HIPPO!!!

Your historical references to past incidents between haitians and dominicans, are exagerated and taken out of context.

You failed to mention the reason for the violence that did occur. The haitian rebels came to eatern half, and did kill many of the white elite, in an effort to end slavery on the entire island, which they did.

You discribed it as something they did solely for their enjoyment.

This is something that dominicans have never been grateful for.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Quisqueya said:
Well, I am sorry for the behaviors of some of the haitains in the past but damn get over it....poor haitians aren't killing your people now....

So you would be perfectly fine if France shows signs of taking over Haiti someday. I'm not saying it will happen, but if they do want to take control of Haiti and destroy the Haitian flag, put themselves on the upper class and suppress the Haitians into the lower levels and take all the Haitian resources, you would be fine with that. After all, all those black Haitians that suffered under French, well you got over that already. If a white French guy calls you a N*gg*r, you would feel fine because you got over that already, right?

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
wventura said:
Your historical references to past incidents between haitians and dominicans, are exagerated and taken out of context.

You failed to mention the reason for the violence that did occur. The haitian rebels came to eatern half, and did kill many of the white elite, in an effort to end slavery on the entire island, which they did.

You discribed it as something they did solely for their enjoyment.

This is something that dominicans have never been grateful for.

Listen, the Haitians invaded the Dominican Republic because they felt that they needed to get rid of that European influenced country if they were going to survive as the first black republic of the world. Slave elimination was one of the very FEW good things that came out of it!

It's what they did during their occupation that you choose to ignore. I don't know if you are a white, mix or black Dominican, but keep this in mind. Your people were meant to all die under the Haitian occupation. I perfectly understand why the Haitians did such thing, but just because I understand it doesn't mean that I think it was right! It wasn't right!!

Please, stop trying to show people that we are leaving stuff out, we are not. I perfectly know what happened in the past completely. It's just that there are some people (like you) that say "look, they got rid of Slavery eventhough they pretty much destroy everything else" rather than saying "Thank you for liberating the slaves, but why did you had to kill my mother when she was praying the rosary, or why did you had to kill my cousin when he said Hola to me or why did you had to kill my brother just for living in Santiago? Why?"

wventura

Oct 21, 2003
Nal0whs said:
Please, stop trying to show people that we are leaving stuff out, we are not. I perfectly know what happened in the past completely. It's just that there are some people (like you) that say "look, they got rid of Slavery eventhough they pretty much destroy everything else"

"they got rid of slavery eventhough they pretty much destroyed everything else"

EXTREME EXAGERATION

....And you are leaving stuff out. How come dominicans use these incidences to hate haitians for ever, while they still pay homage to spain, even though spain has caused the most harm to the island BY FAR; the most death(genecide), the most rape, and the most suffering. Dominicans seem to overlook that, and still take pride in "hispanidad", and would never say a bad word about the spanish.

Quisqueya

Bronze
Nov 10, 2003
What about the spaniards...

Nal0whs said:
So you would be perfectly fine if France shows signs of taking over Haiti someday. I'm not saying it will happen, but if they do want to take control of Haiti and destroy the Haitian flag, put themselves on the upper class and suppress the Haitians into the lower levels and take all the Haitian resources, you would be fine with that. After all, all those black Haitians that suffered under French, well you got over that already. If a white French guy calls you a N*gg*r, you would feel fine because you got over that already, right?

Well, for one am not a n*gg*r. But how come i dont hear you crying about the spaniards barbaric behavior towards your people...I guess it was fine for Cervantes to rape your ancestors....we was doing you a favor if by chance u had a baby it would be indio claro...c'mon you are not making sense although you know some of ur history but you forget to mention that the haitians saved ur behind from making more Paella from Don Cervante....

If you are going to call it out then u can't leave out the whole story. U act like the Spaniards were ur saviors...

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
wventura said:

EXTREME EXAGERATION

....And you are leaving stuff out. How come dominicans use these incidences to hate haitians for ever, while they still pay homage to spain, even though spain has caused the most harm to the island BY FAR; the most death(genecide), the most rape, and the most suffering. Dominicans seem to overlook that, and still take pride in "hispanidad", and would never say a bad word about the spanish.

What's the official language of the Dominican Republic?

Spanish.

In what language are the names of every Dominican town?

Spanish.

What does the historic center of many Dominican towns look like?

Spanish cities.

Where do our religions come from?

Spain.

What other blood do most Dominicans have in them as 100% or in mix with the African blood?

Spanish.

What is Merengue composed of?

African AND European

What is Perico Ripiao composed of?

African AND European

What does Dominican art looks like?

European.

What does the Dominican lifestyle resembles?

Provincial Spain.

What traditions do Dominicans uncosciously do on a daily basis?

Traditions decended from Spain.

What is the official name of our island?

Hispaniola, Latin meaning the Spanish island.

Where is much of our architecture is influenced from?

Spain.

Who invented one of our most important export commodities, Tobacco?

Spain.

Who created the foundation of our economy?

Spain.

Why are you leaving out the good that Spain has done to the DR?

I could go on and on and on. Then compare to the Haitian stuff and see, gee I guess Spain was nicer to us, isn't that funny!!

The Spaniards were not saints, but they were nicer to us!!

The Haitians were not saints either, but they wished us to be dead!!!

Big difference!!

Quisqueya

Bronze
Nov 10, 2003
Shhh Dont let Dominicans know they were slaves too

wventura said:

EXTREME EXAGERATION

Wventura,

I am happy to see you are not falling for this guys propaganda... He'll probably treat a black dominican the same way....or call him haitian just to keep him from standing up for his/her rights......When will the people realize that.....

Spaniards will never accept you and the jews that Trujillo allowed to live in mainly Santiago will marry a black haitian or black dominican and make the whole pueblo como San Cristobal or San Pedro de Macoris...LOL...

that was wrong...but hey ignorance is contagious....au revoir....

BTW almost all the teachers at Alliance Francaise are haitian... damn....ur right..we are taking over DR.......in theatres near you soon... Haitian invasion rated R......lOL...get serious...
We are not going to invade DR....take a chill pill and stop reading Balaguers antihaitiano books....

Status
Not open for further replies.