Have A Heart (long appeal post)

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Folks, this is just evidence of what "community" is all about. The folks circle the wagons, get things done, and, in this case, things are progressing quite well, I would say.

This is something a lot of our posters do not yet understand.

As AZB would say: "Praise God."

Now, who can I sent the painting to?? PM me with the information, pls.

HB

Campesina

Sep 12, 2004
You said the list is too long to type, but is it possible to take a photo of the "stuff" and post it for those of us not real close to Costambar?

I know someone who is particularly interested in a good bicycle.

ffritz

Feb 7, 2008
www.gymbar.blogspot.com
Here's what Kens' daughter posted on another forum - we thought you all would appreciate it too :-

hi every one
I'm kens daughter in England. I would just like to say a huge thank you to every one who has been so supportive in this difficult time.
I am overwelmed by the donations every one has made and the amount raised in so little time, i no my dad and sue are so grateful for every thing you have done.
thank you to all the people who gave blood for the operation i will always be grateful. I will thank you all in person in august when we come over for my wedding.
thank you all again
Alison fisher

peteclaffey

Apr 30, 2006
Thanks for all the donations so far we now have about 40 lots for auction , including 14ct gold and diamond ,ruby ring , mens large size, 3course meal +wine for 2 at Marco polo , burger and fries for 2 at Bieke bar, Mountain day picnic &bbq for 2 From Dorne, beauty treatment at Ellys, golf clubs, golfscope, golf ball monogrammer
, a painting on its way from Santiago, box of OXO cubes (beef) a humourous t-shirt(XL) , cookery books , set of drinking glasses, we have plenty of room for more donations, I know I can easily auction more than 100 lots on the day, many thanks we will try to post some pics soon

buttons66

Oct 3, 2006
Ken's Nephew

Just recieved this from Ken's nephew

View Profile Personal Message (Online)

Re: Have A Heart
? Reply #17 on: Today at 11:30:12 AM ?
Reply with quoteQuote
Hi every body.

I would like to thank every body that has and is helping Ken Fisher with his recovery after his operation. It?s nice to know that he has found some amazing people in his new life. Its amazing that you guys have the hart and guts to do what you done. I will be coming over for Alison?s wedding in August and I would very much like to extend my thanks in person. My uncle means the world to me and I?m happy knowing that he is I safe hands.

Once Again many thanks. See you soon.

Scott Fisher.
Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley

ffritz

Feb 7, 2008
www.gymbar.blogspot.com
We don't have Paypal set up, but we do have a BanReservas Peso savings account. If anybody wants to donate by going into a BanReservas & paying in over the counter please pm either me or buttons66 & we'll gladly give you the number.

Oversees donors, we're sorry but because of the bank charges involved we're afraid the only way for us to receive donations is through Western Union :-( .......... I suppose that makes us Dominicans now .........

peteclaffey

Apr 30, 2006
I have been asked that in pms , we have an account available, a peso account with Ban Reserva , please feel free to pm Buttons66 for info thanks

peteclaffey

Apr 30, 2006
I now have pics available but not a clue on how to post them , if there is anybody that knows how to do this i can send them by e-mail if you are willing to post them for us, thanks in advance

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
Now, who can I sent the painting to?? PM me with the information, pls.
HB

Now WHO is a Silly Billy Hillbilly??? Why didn't you say something earlier?:ermm:?

Stick it on Metro if you haven't had a better offer,(wehich I doubt because at our ages we don't GET better offers!!) & I will pick it up & then get it to Costambar in plenty of time!! ~ Grahame.

buttons66

Oct 3, 2006
Just to let you all know - Ken and Sue NEVER asked for a peso. I took it upon myself to help and start "Have A Heart".
The support has been overwhelming - but we need more items to auction - anything even yourself (hey we have one offer already lol).
PM me if you have anything - I will be in Sosua on Wednesday.

buttons66

Oct 3, 2006
teeth

Just to let you know how serious I am about helping these good people.
May 23rd I had my last 11 teeth removed under a general anastetic.
I spent 3 weeks in Sosua before I came back to Costambar because I didn't want anyone to see me without my teeth.
If anyone wants to see a 41 year old woman without her teeth, the starting bid is RD$10,000 - plus you have to make me laff (it shouldn't be hard lol).

ffritz

Feb 7, 2008
www.gymbar.blogspot.com
Personally I've been overwhelmed by the generosity of the new businesses in Costambar - they have given freely of their time & money to help Ken & Sue, even at this difficult, quiet time of the year.

peteclaffey

Apr 30, 2006
I am happy to report that the amount of donations for the auction is increasing by the hour, we now have two signed copies of "Quisqueya Mad Dogs &English Couple , many thanks to all, we can accept more right up to the time of the auction,sorry about the lack of pictures

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Thank you bushbaby,
look forward to meeting you at long last.

Buttons, sorry I missed you this morning but the important stuff (books & cash) were deposited at Barcode. Can I suggest you liaise directly with HB about the painting? BushBaby's day for going to Barcode was going to be Wednesday (tomorrow) & as I discovered from Barcode's owner they are closed tomorrow so................you had better contact HB directly & leave BB out of that particular loop.

Have a fun party on Friday & a great auction & our good wishes to Ken when he returns on Thursday. :)

buttons66

Oct 3, 2006
Ken

Just to let you all know - Ken has now been told all about what is happening on Friday and is determined to make some sort of apperance to show his apprecation.
We know this will be hard as he only had his op on the 23rd June.

buttons66

Oct 3, 2006
Ken

I am going to keep posting on this site for help.
If you read this thread from the start you will realise why.
Ken is home tomorrow and is very humbled about all the support he has been given by Costambar.
I was trying to make him realise that it wasn't just Costambar and thanks to a VERY few - I was right.

Hope to see MORE support on Friday at Barcode's Costambar from 7pm.