Have A Heart (long appeal post)

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
The painting donated by Hillbilly's contact was delivered today (Wednesday) by his son. The two of us met up at Bar Code which was as stated above, closed for the day. Pity this as I was unable to meet the people running this operation & not able to look over the items for auction myself. Regrettably I am busy tomorrow & Friday so will not be able to place any bids for any of the stuff I thought might be suitable. If any of the items are not auctioned on Friday, let me know by PM & I'll try to get over on Saturday morning.

Just to confirm with you, the painting was left with Liz; Hillbilly advises there is a RD $7,500 reserve on it (Well known artist in Santiago & this was donated by the art museum there). Anyone liking good art should get round to see it as it will enhance MOST good homes!

Have a good auction ~ Grahame.

Last edited:

buttons66

Oct 3, 2006
painting

Thank you Bushbaby,
I know the Liz you mean and will collect it this morning, thanks for the info on the painting and will pass that on as well.
Hey!!! We are hoping everything gets sold lol, but if not we will be selling Raffle tickets for next Friday (or if you like anything you can buy it).

Thanks again and hope to see you Saturday.

Regards

Louise

peteclaffey

Apr 30, 2006
update

To date we have raised about 25,000 pesos .thanks to all,we now have over 100 lots for the auction and will continue to accept them until the last minute (even later) ,amongst many prized lots is a 30x40 stunning painting by the artist Juan Guzman the painting is of course signed and very good investment for art lovers.The title is Coche en el campo and there is a very modest reserve of 10,000 pesos , a chance for a real bargain. Should there be anyone who reads this that cannot attend , I, being the auctioneer would be happy to take bids through this thread or by p.m. Again many thanks

buttons66

Oct 3, 2006
Ken's home

Sue just posted on the Costambar website, so I thought it only right to paste it here for all of you

Wow
what can i say ??
Well Ken is now home, he is very weak but getting better every day, thank god its a long time since i have done that but he must have been looking over us.
Samana is right we have got insurance and they have paid out for a lot of it, they paid for is time in central medico, for the tests he had in Cedimat and for his first opp.
Sadley the first one failed and thats why he needed a bypass, on Sunday when all went down to give blood he took a turn for the worse and they moved him to the intensive care unit.

The insurance said that they would not pay for the second opp and who can blame them, we have not had it for that long really, it could have been worse they could have stopped paying before that point.
The doctors at the hospital and all the staff were fantastic, i hope you all never need it but if you do its the best hospital i have ever seen.
What more can i say, but thank you from the bottom of Kens heart ( and mine ) i hope i never have to repay any of you as that would mean pain and heart ache for you, but god bless you all i will if i have too

Sue xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

ffritz

Feb 7, 2008
www.gymbar.blogspot.com
A Very Special Lot

We have a very special lot

2001 BMW325i in Anthracite metalliac with leather & climate control

Book Price US$15,000

Reserve ................. US$9,100

2 conditions :-

CASH N THE NIGHT

You have 3 hours on Saturday morning to sort the paperwork.

buttons66

Oct 3, 2006
We are taking internet bids as well as phone bids on the BMW, if you are serious PM Ffritz for more details

buttons66

Oct 3, 2006
From Sue

Re: Have A Heart
? Reply #35 on: Today at 04:15:39 AM ?
Reply with quoteQuote
Well all you good people, today is the day of the Auction, i will be there but i am not sure Ken will make it
I know he would love too but i dont think he is strong enough right now.
We are still in shock over all the kindness of people, i hope beyond hope that this makes me look at some things in a different ( it does now just hope i can make it stay )
We both find it so hard to take in that people can do all this for US
I know the US is anybody in this community who needs support and help

Aside from the fund raising, its the support and well wishes that helped us through all this
For that i will always be gratefull

Sue xx

buttons66

Oct 3, 2006
Auction

Ok for all those who don't know - the party starts at 4pm and the auction at 7pm see you there

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
I just had a call from the owner & he has sold the BMW so it will NOT be in the auction.

Forgive my 'Old Fashioned ways' of looking at these things Ffritz but was the owner of the BMW using this auction as a means of SELLING his car then??:confused:??
Seems to me as though a nice healthy commission cheque is due to the organisers :laugh: :) if this is the case! ~ Grahame.

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
I just had a call from the owner & he has sold the BMW so it will NOT be in the auction.

So a) he/she used you & the other organisers & a charitable cause to get the word out?
b) it was all a joke to start with? by whom? (car owner/ auction organisers?)
c) car owner didn't understand that he would be gifting his car to the auction for a good cause?

Which?

buttons66

Oct 3, 2006
Actually none of the above - he was genuine and had told us (if you read the posts again) that if he could not sell it today it would go in the auction.

ffritz

Feb 7, 2008
www.gymbar.blogspot.com
Also he needed US$9,000 but if the only bid was for US$9,000 he was willing to donate US$100 if that happened.

At the end of the day the car was in Costambar Monthly for US$12,000 & I'm glad he sold it, it was just a pity it wasn't in the auction but nothing ventured nothing gained.

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Actually none of the above - he was genuine and had told us (if you read the posts again) that if he could not sell it today it would go in the auction.

Oh good, I'm glad he was genuine. And I have read the posts again but I can't seem to find this part. Be an angel for these tired old eyes and show me where it is please.

Also he needed US$9,000 but if the only bid was for US$9,000 he was willing to donate US$100 if that happened.

At the end of the day the car was in Costambar Monthly for US$12,000 & I'm glad he sold it, it was just a pity it wasn't in the auction but nothing ventured nothing gained.

I didn't pick up any of this from your post 46. Am I being thick or something? Reserve price in an auction is the price below which bids will not be accepted. But the proceeds all go to the charitable cause, is my understanding. Do I have this wrong?

And finally, how did it all go tonight? :)

buttons66

Oct 3, 2006
ken

Hi all
I would just like to thank all that turned up tonight, what a great night - we raised over RD$15,000 with RD$7,000 more to be paid tomorrow.
There were only 12 bidders so as I said thank you.
We still have alot left over and have decided to hold another auction next Saturday at the same place at 6pm. We know that July 4th was a risk but we took it.
Sue herself is going to be donating 3 Claris Cliff plates (worth US$600).
We are not giving up we want more.

But a BIG thank you to all