hay mucha gente de los estados unidos

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
Re: Re: This is a prime example......

anitabonita said:
excuse me. i don't know you but you seem very rude and angry. did something happen to you to make you so bitter? if so, i'm sorry for that... however the truth is that all is fair in love... i cannot help how i feel but i am always honest with people about it.

as for your underlying concern... el padrino is university educated and has a very gentle and kind nature. no one in this world is completely without blame or regrets in life...but ideally we all find our way some day.

Anita,
I think I can speak for the guys when I say that they and I think that you have "no class".Going on vacation with one guy and hooking up with another.

Larry

anitabonita

Mar 6, 2003
Re: I guess I am just a "sucker" for a "Romantic" story!

again, all is fair in love and war. for me, although i am very attractive (and not shy about it!!!) the men i date do not possess the unique combination of sensitivity, emotional security, self assuredness and masculinity i am looking for. (hmmmm... and dancing ability)

the romance in this story is that just when i had given up on what i was looking for, i found it... and for me in the most unexpected place.

and...if you've ever been in a not quite right relationship, you would know what i mean. sometimes you just stop believing that true love really is out there....

you may not agree with my actions but at least understand where i'm coming from.

Criss Colon said:
"Anitabonita La Traicionera" we can call this story!!! Lets see,you come to the Dominican Republic with your boyfriend for a "romantic" vacation.You see ssome dominican guys,and you like what you see.Your boyfriend is sick.You see "The Godfather",he turns you on.Now you "realize" that the guy who "Brung Ya" ,ain't the guy you want to go home with.You give your boyfriend the boot.You really didn't want him anyway.You can't wait to return to the "God Father"who is at this minute being "so Sexy" with another girl from "NorthAmerica"! How "Ffucking Romantic"is that? I think that your "Boyfriend" should thank God to be done with you!He is the real winner in this ""Novela"! CRIS

anitabonita

Mar 6, 2003
Re: Re: Re: This is a prime example......

Hold on.

I did not 'hook up' with the guy he just kissed me. And I came clean about it. Heavens to betsy people we're not in highschool anymore.

Has no one on this site ever fallen for one person while dating another? I'm not married, nor do I intend to make that type of committment until I'm ready....

Larry (ILoveDR) said:
Anita,
I think I can speak for the guys when I say that they and I think that you have "no class".Going on vacation with one guy and hooking up with another.

Larry

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Anita do what you want but do it with your eyes open. Everyone is just trying to warn you because we have heard from so many girls that go on holiday for a week and fall in love. Do a search and do what you like after that.

anitabonita

Mar 6, 2003
thank you

i've been reading and i see what you mean.

there is something similar for jamaica. i realized that when i went to jamaica last year...while i never got involved with a jamaican i know some people who did. i guess it's common for the caribbean because the travel industry is so big there...?

anyway i know that any relationship is a risk and i'm hedging my bets.

wish me luck ;)

anita

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Quote from closed thread
Anitabonita

whites and blacks
i have to say that it's very disturbing to me to read so many references to "whites' and 'blacks'.

being of mixed american heritage i felt very comfortable in the dominican republic because the people there vary in looks just as widely as me and my whole family. for this reason, although i was a tourist in DR, i did not have the typical gringa experience. i really believe that color is only skin deep.

it's unfortunate that due to our socio-economic experiences we tend to assume that 'whites' look at 'blacks' as being exotic and economically impoverished... or that 'blacks' look at 'whites' as an opportunity for sexual or monitary exploitation.

anyway i just wanted to put the issue out there since my impression of the significance of color while i was in the DR was very different than what i've seen on this board...

Timex

Bronze
May 9, 2002
Hola Anitabonita

Well it sounds like a beautiful love story!
Pero de verdad es solo una Bella Novela, Y tus sueno de encontrar El Padrino.

You know it?s funny you meet this guy on your first trip and you?re thinking, your in love all ready, It?s possible why not. Does El Padrino????????

And your saying, maybe I?ll go and live in the Dominican Rep, Wake up!! While you making plan?s to come here, he must be saying to his freinds...... Locooo...,Conosi a una gringa en el resort. She is crazy for me!!!, la tengo loca Con esa Chulia que le di!!!! We exchanged phone numbers!, Loco la voy a llamar. I?ll buy a 50 pesos calling card and the minute it?s finished, I will tell mami se me acaban los minutos compra una y llamame, Te quiero Mami Chula, no se que tu me has hecho, Pero estoy loco por ti Mami. And of course you will call him back, right away!!!!!!!!!

Ok!!!! Time to wake up Anitabonita.
I?m sorry to tell you this, While you are making plan?s to live here, He is making plan?s for you to bring him to the USA. Man!! I can see the look in his eyes, I?m going to the other side, one of 50 states, he just wants to be in one of them, doesn?t matter which one. And after one year, when he comes back for his visit, he really will be ?El Padrino?? (Dominican-York!) to all of his Mami?s he left behind, He will even be using your phone when he calls his Mami?s to tell them to get ready, Here Comes Papi!!!!!

And while he is with all of his Mami's :bunny: :bunny: :bunny: :bunny: :bunny:

Of course the visit will be because he needs to visit somebody in the family who is sick, and that you should stay behind!:cry:

I?m sorry to be hard on you, but I am Dominican, my Mom took me and my family to the U.S. when I was 12 yrs old, And of course I was already a U.S. Citizen, before I met my Husband.
And let me tell you- with the way things are here now---
If I had never left the DR, I would be looking for Gringo to marry, and take me to America, too.

Or maybe Not!!

Remember

A USA passport is accepted every where! :cool:
And a Domincan passport wants to be! :angry:

Mrs. Timex
Mechi H.

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Did you read Hillbilly's # Golden Rules?

Or the DDD thread?
Or the thread on foreigners and sanki's?

do a search in the archives and you'll find a hundred or more threads that started just like yours...........

Man.....do they always fall so hard for a good looking, smooth talking, sexy dancing guy?!!

Hmmmm.....except for the dancing part kinda sounds like my hubby!! But I met him at home (even if he was a foreigner in Canada) and he met HB's rules plus a few......... :)

anitabonita

Mar 6, 2003
otro vez

i'm posting this again because i am really curious and no one responded....

i have to say that it's very disturbing to me to read so many references to "whites' and 'blacks'.

being of mixed american heritage i felt very comfortable in the dominican republic because the people there vary in looks just as widely as me and my whole family. for this reason, although i was a tourist in DR, i did not have the typical gringa experience. i really believe that color is only skin deep.

it's unfortunate that due to our socio-economic experiences we tend to assume that 'whites' look at 'blacks' as being exotic and economically impoverished... or that 'blacks' look at 'whites' as an opportunity for sexual or monitary exploitation.

anyway i just wanted to put the issue out there since my impression of the significance of color while i was in the DR was very different than what i've seen on this board...

kjdrga

Mar 25, 2002
It's all fun and games until...

someone gets jealous.

Just found out tonight that one of my in-laws was pissed off that his girlfriend was pegando cuerno with some guy who works at the airport. Of course he on numerous occasions has had his putas on the side.

Well tonight we just received "the call" turns out he was so jealous he decided to shoot his girlfriend and then himself. The family is running around crazy to all the different hospitals trying to find him.

Two lives wasted! Dead. On the fifth month anniversary of my mother-in-law's death!

People grow up! Antiabonita if it is meant to be, then you'll find out, but don't ever think of cheating on a dominican man, because this isn't the first time I've seen people kill over jealousy, it just happens to hit closer to home.

On that note I am going to light a bellon and say a prayer for my cousin-in-law.

Amber

Jan 24, 2003
hope you listen

Anita, Please listen and be careful.
This one is coming for a Dominican who has lived in both places as well. The guys here can be so smooth that you won?t know what hit you. The best bet is either to take it as a fling until you can be certain, or just stay away from them altogether.
Don?t even think about moving here until you have visited outside of the AI places several times. Living here for a few months, if possible, would also be a great option. I only wish someone had warned me befoe moving here. The only impresions I had were of vacations in the sun...well.. neve mind that.
The romantic in me can only say, hun, enjoy it while it lasts, but only close one eye.
;)
Amber

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
AnitaPutita, just won't listen. How can you change the nature of a person?
I am with larry & criss on this one, this girl has no class, like a slut she will leave any guy she is with and jump on to the next one. How would you feel if you come back to your padrino and fall madly in love with him. While you are vactioning with Mr. sankie in a resort, he hooks up with another slut. Would you be able to understand his justification to his love attraction, to another anita?
No you don't think that far because whats important to you is you, you and only you.

osner

Feb 16, 2003
my story is something similar to yours but instead of me finding a nice friend i found my ex boyfriend back ..we are back together but it's hard because of legal problems he cant come back here NY ...i will love to live out there but unfortunately i dont have a job or any type of monetary resources...hopefully you get a job out there and do well good luck

Amicus

Dec 25, 2002
The International Herald Tribune estimates that 82,000 Americans live in the DR.

How many of these are naturalized DR immigrants to the US who have returned has not been estimated. However, the number is just 12,000 less than Spain itself and 20,000 less than France.

Still, more than 1M Americans supposedly live in Mexico, the most favorite of American ex-pat destinations of residence.

anitabonita

Mar 6, 2003
fyi

i have read the golden rules and will ask the questions suggested. thank you all for your concern.

i am just very curious to more about the culture and the people in DR. i have no plans to move there in the near future. i have a good career aqui y ademas tengo planes to do a graduate degree, etc.

la verdad es que el amor vale mas que dinero pero...

does it make a difference to anyone that I paid for the trip for me and my boyfriend??

Musicqueen

Miami Nice!
Jan 31, 2002
No, it doesn't make a difference...

If I know the people (read: men) on this board, they will just say that "since you're used to paying for your men already, just go ahead then"...

I want to ask a question you didn't answer before though: Was he a resort worker, or a guest there?

You know, the same thing happens in Bali...they call them "Bali-Boys", instead of "sankies"...a word I HATE, btw...I read about it in some fancy travel magazine...don't remember which one!

Anyway, good luck...again!

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
does it make a difference to anyone that I paid for the trip for me and my boyfriend??---Anitabonita

Yes,I was going to ask who paid.Asumming he footed the bill I thought what you did was "low" but you paying for the trip alleviates things a LITTLE in my mind at least.I like the way you took our "lashings out" in stride.Welcome to DR1.

Larry

anitabonita

Mar 6, 2003
Re: No, it doesn't make a difference...

Musicqueen said:
If I know the people (read: men) on this board, they will just say that "since you're used to paying for your men already, just go ahead then"...

I want to ask a question you didn't answer before though: Was he a resort worker, or a guest there?

You know, the same thing happens in Bali...they call them "Bali-Boys", instead of "sankies"...a word I HATE, btw...I read about it in some fancy travel magazine...don't remember which one!

Anyway, good luck...again!

I am almost afraid to say he is a resort worker there...:nervous:

anitabonita

Mar 6, 2003
AZB said:
Would you be able to understand his justification to his love attraction, to another anita?
No you don't think that far because whats important to you is you, you and only you.

Entiendo que me dices but the truth is that it doesn't matter if I understand or not. The heart wants what it wants and if someone doesn't love me or I don't love someone it's better to be honest. In the end I would be glad to know the truth.

P.S. Stop calling me names.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
anitabonita said:
I am almost afraid to say he is a resort worker there..

That is no surprise to anyone following this thread. I wouldn't wait to long to contact him to make sure he is holding a place for you on his list.

If you think you are the first girl who "fell" for him, or that he is lonely in your absence, you are in worse shape than I thought.

BTW, make sure you coordinate your travel plans with him so that you don't arrive the same week as another member of his harem does.