He wants to pay for everything

samanasuenos

Bronze
Oct 5, 2005
Good Luck!

Dear Notion,

Thank you for your update and good luck with what seems to be a nice guy. I could not help remembering, however, my own experience with a ncie guy I met on vacation once, who had a similar kind of job...everything was great when I would visit him. However, six months later when he visited me and I imiagined living with him, things got rough.

It is hard to read anyone at this point, under these circumstances. Once you see him at home with his folks and in his element, you will definitely get more info, hopefully most of it good feedback.

You seem very bright, self aware, and most importantly you do not seem to define yourself vis a vis your relationship(s)/men; this alone will help you make it through whatever your connection blossoms into.

Thanks again for the update on your charming prince; SOUNDS like a keeper.
-- Suenos

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Ok!

notion said:
Miguel,
you do realize that I wrote whatever I wrote knowing full well what sort of reactions I'd be getting? But I don't see any point in lying.

I was totally opposed to even trying to get him a tourist visa, not realizing that I wouldn't be able to get him one anyway. You need a salary for that and I'm a student, I don't have any money, especially not that kind you need to have to invite a Dominican.
My dad would have to vouch for him and has offered to do so, because he thinks the world of him. He could not relate to my worries at all, he's convinced that my guy isn't a fraud. Actually my dad's judgement means a lot to me. I trust it more than my own.
So, it wasn't my Dominican, it wasn't even me who came up with the visa-idea, it was my dad.

But a tourist-visa is only one of the options and we probably won't apply for until March at the earliest because obviously he needs to be in the DR for that and it'd be nice if I actually was here and had some time for him when he comes over, so August or something would suit me best.
But - I haven't discussed any of that with him yet. Right now we're waiting for his name to come up on the list of people allowed to sign off. There's no point in making any plans at this time.

It'll be interesting what will happen once he has left the ship and is back in the DR. I would very much like to visit him there, see how he lives and meet his huge family. And I know that he'll be paying for the flight and everything else I need or wish for, just as he did last time. Yes, he did pay for everything, every single drink, full board, my cabin (I could've had a suite but I didn't want it because he wouldn't have been allowed in it and it would've been 7 decks up from his cabin), the airfare from Germany, the cab rides, the tips etc. He wouldn't have it any other way, that's the way he is.

In any case I'm not too emotionally involved to pull the emergency brake should I smell something fishy. Often I actually feel that he's putting a lot more heart into the whole thing than I am which makes me feel really bad.

But I do understand your doubts and hesitation, Miguel! Thank you for your concern and advice! I appreciate it a lot and promise to be careful.

notion

/QUOTE]For this instance only, I am very glad that I was wrong about him paying for everything. Was I talking out of my axx, maybe but I am sure that for every happy story there are many, many others that are not happy.

Is this one of the few Dominican that is not after something, who knows?. But I must tell you that on your last post, it seems like you have your head where it belongs and since you know where I am coming from, let your father read some of the threads on this forum before he go ahead and do anything that he might regret. Maybe there's nothing to fear but when it regards people that are known for certain things, one just never knows. Maybe, just maybe, your dad, like many on this site, know nothing about Dominicans males and the way SOME act towards females.

Only time will tell if you got yourself a "keeper". I still feel that MANY Dominicans would do whatever is needed in order to get what they want. Keep us updated.

Last edited:

sunshine_79

I made the 300,000th post!
Jun 1, 2005
miguel said:
I think that I skipped the sentence where she wrote that he paid for her room, can you point it out for me. Also where she said that he paid for her air fare and EVERYTHING that she consumed?

I did as you originally suggested and asked the OP. There is no magic sentence. He paid for everything.

Notion - good luck. We've talked a lot more in private so I understand your situation a lot better now. Good for you, honey. Just remember - don't give an inch.

Don't ever start feeling like a second class citizen or that you "owe" him anything. You don't.

If you always demand to be treated with respect you won't be dissapointed. Be the best girlfriend you can but always keep in mind that he needs to be bending over backwards trying to impress you and take care of you.

I think it's of vital importance to always make a man feel like a man. I think when a man is taking care if his woman, he feels like a man.

And if by some chance he falls below standard, just say:

"Next!"

Good luck, sweetie. Keep us posted.

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Ay papa!

sunshine_79 said:
I did as you originally suggested and asked the OP. There is no magic sentence. He paid for everything.
There's a God. See, I knew that eventually, you would "speak/talk" about something that you knew about. Meaning, she told you and you knew. And as AZB would say: me make a joke!. Well, half a joke!. Lol.

In case you did not read the OP, when I told her to make him pay for EVERYTHING, I was basically responding to her saying that he would pay for the cabin and food but that "the drinks and tips would go extra". But.

Back to better and more important things:

Notion, have you ever been to the DR?. If yes, how many times?.

Last edited:

notion

Oct 2, 2005
miguel said:
Notion, have you ever been to the DR?. If yes, how many times?.

No, I haven't been there. That's part of the "problem". I want to know, experience where he's coming from (in every sense).

About the suggestion to have my dad read your posts - well I might give him some German ones from another forum to read. His English is alright, but I want to make sure that he understands perfectly.
I've already told him many things - but he just goes: "?Not him, no way is he like that."

@samanasue?os & sunshine
Thank you very much for your good wishes and advice!
I'll keep everything in mind and try to be as careful and rational as possible.
Dont hold your breath for any updates though as I said it might be a couple of months at least until the circumstances may change. But once I know what's happening I let you know, promise! :)

notion

Last edited:

samanasuenos

Bronze
Oct 5, 2005
Sanky Forum in German

Notion: Sounds like you've go tit covered. About your Dad, if you're serious - there is a German forum somewhere that has a special sub forum for snaky stories. I don't read German, wish I did as most of the victims have to be German, based on numbers of tourists broken down and so on...I will look for the link - it has been mentioned here more than once.

Again, good luck. I like your rare combo of a positive attitude and calculated risk taking - you GO girl!

-- Suenos

notion

Oct 2, 2005
Thanks Sue?os!
Don't worry about the link though, I know the forum. It's the one where mountainfrog used to be an administrator. I hang around there a lot. It's actually really cool, it even has a gallery with pictures of Sankies or romance partners or whatever. Unfortunately we don't have that many English speaking visitors there although we even have a sub in English.

Well, it's bedtime over here!
Read you guys some other time! :)
notion

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
What???

notion said:
Thanks Sue?os!
Don't worry about the link though, I know the forum. It's the one where mountainfrog used to be an administrator. I hang around there a lot. It's actually really cool, it even has a gallery with pictures of Sankies or romance partners or whatever. Unfortunately we don't have that many English speaking visitors there although we even have a sub in English.

Well, it's bedtime over here!
Read you guys some other time! :)
notion
Come again?. It has a gallery with sankies on it?!!.

Please post the link.

Is AZB's pic posted?. Any pics of Sankie Mikey?. Oh, the insanity!!.

notion

Oct 2, 2005
No, there not all Sankies - they're just pictures of guys who might be Sankies. There are no names with them but resort names and codes and if you recognize someone and want to exchange experience you get in touch with the administrator to find out who knows the guy as well.

Allegedly many sankies know about the album and it caused quite a stir...

Have fun!
notion

Note from Moderator:

I'm sorry,
I know you mean well but we're not posting that here because posting that website with potential sankies in this forum is the same as saying that all pictured are sankies which isn't fair to them, DR1 or anyone else.

Thank you

Last edited by a moderator: